Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
green giraffe

The Diary Of A Wimpy House Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks super sam, am "jia youing" now. Busy packing (no time to update blog). One more week to the BIG Move.

am feeling excited for u!! hope to c ur pics soon, am camping here to wait for them!

am feeling excited for u!! hope to c ur pics soon, am camping here to wait for them!

Thank you for your ardent support sammy. To have a more authentic experience, you can also camp in my Naked (sorry, no grass yet) Garden. Tent and mosquito repellent provided.

You can choose either the front garden

IMG_0287.jpg

Or side garden

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Still cannot decide what kind of grass to use. Contractor giving free cow grass. Need to top up about $3k for pearl grass. The grass is going to burn another hole in our pockets. Really need to eat grass after the reno, maybe will take up the free lunch offer from contractor first. However, best friend adviced to go for carpet grass instead, more palatable she claims.

The Walk-In

As you walk into the Master (i feel like a slave most of the time actually) bedroom, you are greeted by 2 panels of frosted glass on the left.

IMG_0273.jpg

Slide open one of them and you will see....ta da.. my our walk-in-wardrobe!

IMG_0289.jpg

The full view. Hubby kept asking if there is enough storage.

IMG_0276.jpg

The Vanity

The WIW leads directly into the vanity and bathroom. There is no door between the WIW and her vanity but there is a glass door between his and her vanity.

IMG_0277.jpg

We might have to eat grass but no we are not going to use the ugly blue canvas. There will be plants and bamboo chick blinds to keep the rain out.

IMG_0278.jpg

We wanted to have black glass vanity top initially but the gorgeously heavy marble basin that i bought from D-bodhi proof too risky for the carpenter to stick to the original plan. She said the glass top might cracked so we had to change to black glossy laminate with black glass sides. Luckily it still turns out well.

IMG_0281.jpg

Storage space behind the mirror carbinet

IMG_0280.jpg

i was having the reaction of the Heineken beer commercial when I scroll down from the frosted glass door pic to the WIW pic. Can you hear my "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"? :P

I hate u lah, so big space for ur WIW, I love my WIW still but with ur space there it's like SATC all over again!!!! OMG~! and ur basin!!! would die to have the space to do a his/her vanity.....Urgh!

Sorry cannot help u on the grass, me officially will eat grass in Oct cos am taking a break from work. U can hire me to be ur gardener but with the condition that I have the rights to cause death to ur plants....hehehe

BTW, what's the diff between cow grass, carpet grass and pearl grass ah? chim...ain't grass the same?

Edited by samgalz

think your mbr is the size of my home!!!...guess your reno cost should be at least 6-figure sum...but its money well spent to have such spacious home...envy!.:dribble:

Nice blog.

Go for pearl grass; you will not regret it. Though it may not be as aesthetically pleasing as carpet grass, it is virtually maintenance free. I've had mine for almost a year and have never done any grass cutting. Only sprinkle some fertiliser once every 3 months. Just make sure that the contractor provides a layer of sand (2 inch thick) before turfing.

Only concern in your case is that grass may not grow well under the shade of your existing trees.

Edited by whisky

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... OMG!!! SHRIEKS!!!!!!! *Do a Jiggle* *Wave hands in the air* Heineken enough????

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the big space in your WIW! I think ur WIW and bathroom is bigger than my MBR with toliet. :jawdrop:

Do be careful to keep the vanity really dry after each use or else the water vapour will go to the WIW and the clothes and may have eau du mould effect. My bathroom door is facing my wordrobe and I have just replaced 1 box of the hippo dehumidifier thingy.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... OMG!!! SHRIEKS!!!!!!! *Do a Jiggle* *Wave hands in the air* Heineken enough????

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the big space in your WIW! I think ur WIW and bathroom is bigger than my MBR with toliet. :jawdrop:

Do be careful to keep the vanity really dry after each use or else the water vapour will go to the WIW and the clothes and may have eau du mould effect. My bathroom door is facing my wordrobe and I have just replaced 1 box of the hippo dehumidifier thingy.

have u start turning green with jealousy, zelly? I know I have. now i officially become green monkey... :bleah:

i bought an electric dehumifier which needs charging when full of water. no need pour water away. haven use though :P I put a box of hippo and not replacing it yet, maybe cos I keep my WIW door open to air so less vapour bah...

BTW giraffe, are u planning to put an ottoman in the WIW? It will be so boutique-ish if u do so.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!

separate note, when I saw SATC's WIW i also did Heineken shriek and my hubby thought I siao. lucky I din c this post at home, or else sure he will hantam me! See in office can only shriek in the heart. :P

Edited by samgalz

BTW, what's the diff between cow grass, carpet grass and pearl grass ah? chim...ain't grass the same?

Cowgrass - you see on football field, roadsides

Carpet grass - Commonly used in car porch, golf courses

Pearl grass - Looks like cow grass but its not. Does not grow tall vertically so little or no trimming required.

Some not so clear pics here:

http://bumilandscape.com/page/2/

have u start turning green with jealousy, zelly? I know I have. now i officially become green monkey... :bleah:

i bought an electric dehumifier which needs charging when full of water. no need pour water away. haven use though :P I put a box of hippo and not replacing it yet, maybe cos I keep my WIW door open to air so less vapour bah...

BTW giraffe, are u planning to put an ottoman in the WIW? It will be so boutique-ish if u do so.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!

separate note, when I saw SATC's WIW i also did Heineken shriek and my hubby thought I siao. lucky I din c this post at home, or else sure he will hantam me! See in office can only shriek in the heart. :P

Sammy ah.. green is not my color. It is makeing more orange, Fired up to make my next goal to get a landed ppty! :D.

Me no WIW only got bathroom door facing robe door. It is worse if i air the wordrobe. My place is windy but the wind is from the sea, so it is pretty moist. That is also one of the reason y my hippo gel is always gone.. :P

Is there going to be a big mirror in the WIW, need to have a big inuff mirror to do some serious narcissistic acts. Hm.. ottoman good.. after too many changes need to take a break before round 2 .. err 3 err 4 errrrrrr.. :P

Thank you for your ardent support sammy. To have a more authentic experience, you can also camp in my Naked (sorry, no grass yet) Garden. Tent and mosquito repellent provided.

You can choose either the front garden

IMG_0287.jpg

Or side garden

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Still cannot decide what kind of grass to use. Contractor giving free cow grass. Need to top up about $3k for pearl grass. The grass is going to burn another hole in our pockets. Really need to eat grass after the reno, maybe will take up the free lunch offer from contractor first. However, best friend adviced to go for carpet grass instead, more palatable she claims.

hhmmm.. leaving it jus barren may nt be such a bad idea afterall.

throw in the unlikely ensemble cast of misfits banding away while i try dig the soil (that's my last area to look it anyway) for my triangle with mouthpiece, the picture really seems straight from a scene from a Tim Burton's production. hahah

The Walk-In

As you walk into the Master (i feel like a slave most of the time actually) bedroom, you are greeted by 2 panels of frosted glass on the left.

IMG_0273.jpg

Slide open one of them and you will see....ta da.. my our walk-in-wardrobe!

IMG_0289.jpg

you know you're not making many friends with such a WIW? hahaha

you have my envy, hands and legs down. haha