Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
green giraffe

The Diary Of A Wimpy House Owner

hey your kids photo decals are really cool... very nice touch.. mind if i ask where did u get it done?

and ur place is really nice.. well done!

Happy Holidays!! :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

Modishop did the photo decal for us. They have both ready made and custom made decals. For custom made decals, you can just provide them with any images or photos. Check out their website to see the range. Will pass you the contact if you need.

Am thinking of doing some wall decals for my boys' rooms but have no inspiration yet. Those cars, trains, dinosaurs in the market are too common and a little kiddish. Maybe some futuristic Star Wars theme. That will be cool!

Have a good holiday to you too! :)

Edited by green giraffe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Modishop did the photo decal for us. They have both ready made and custom made decals. For custom made decals, you can just provide them with any images or photos. Check out their website to see the range. Will pass you the contact if you need.

Am thinking of doing some wall decals for my boys' rooms but have no inspiration yet. Those cars, trains, dinosaurs in the market are too common and a little kiddish. Maybe some futuristic Star Wars theme. That will be cool!

Have a good holiday to you too! :)

great, thanks.. i found the website..

u can chk out tis site for inspiration.. they sell from australia and its mainly wallpaper but its really cool designs.. :D

http://www.wallpaperdecor.com.au/products/.../wallpaper.html

Thank you Always Happy...you are making me really happy and flattered with your kind comments.

I bought my recycled teak stools and bar stools from d-bodhi. They are in the process of moving to a new showroom. In the mean time, you can see some of their products in their sister company, Journey East's showroom at Tan Boon Liat Tower.

I have yet to check out the showroom there. I really like their modern resort design and will be going there soon (when the hole in the pocket gets smaller and the "buying furniture" itch gets too unbearable).

Am still sourcing for some vintage, retro furniture for the family room and outdoor furniture for the patio. Saw some cool stuff at A Thousand Tales at Haji Lane but am intimidated by its prices. So the only thing i could do now is to keep humming the silly Christmas song "all i want for christmas is a cool sofa, a cool sofa, A COOL SOFA!"

Merry Christmas and an Always Happy New Year!!!! :)

dun be modest...its really a nice job. :)

I have been to a thousand tales, their prices are a real turn off. Lorgans pricing is so much better.

Have you been to Motto ? They have some really nice wood stuffs, and currently having a sale.

You can check it out, their main showroom is at kallang sector.

Merry Xmas too!!!

Edited by Always Happy

hi green giraffe, just came across ur t-blog. love the design of ur home! looks absolutely beautiful! looking to do up our condo later tis year, and hence sourcing around for good ID / contractors. if u dun mind, can u PM / email me ur ID? thanks! :D

Hi Green Giraffe,

May I just say that your t-blog is one of the most enjoyable to follow? You have a gorgeous home, so well thought-through and personality-infused. You should be so proud - it's a place even for the shyest and most elusive snow leopard to bask in!

Hi Livinstyle,

Here's the details of my Toto toilet bowls.

Geberit concealed cistern dual flush, artline actuator and Swissfix bracket @$350 bought from Econflo Systems at beach road during their sale. Toto wall hung toilet bowls bought from Adamas Bathroom at Jln Besar.

Kids bathroom - Toto CW822J (tornado flush) with soft closing cover @ $350

IMG_0134.jpg

Master bathroom and powder room - Toto CW800J w soft closing cover @ $410 each

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

We actually bought a different actuator/flushing plate (Sambal) for the master and powder room. The Sambal actuator is bigger and required a bigger box to be mounted on the wall. However due to some miscommunication, the plumber mounted the standard size actuator box. We had no choice but to change Sambal to Artline. Luckily, kind Lily from Home and Bathroom allowed us to change although we did not buy from there. We did our research at the main Toto showroom at Bukit Timah road first then went round to compare prices (very tiring to go to all the shops to get the lowest price, sometimes just settle for a reasonable price if the service is good).

Hi Giraffe:

Seems like Adamas no longer honour this prices. They are quoting about $60 and $90 more for the CW822 and CW800 respectively.

Did you buy from a sale? Thanks.

Busy Bee

Hi Giraffe:

Seems like Adamas no longer honour this prices. They are quoting about $60 and $90 more for the CW822 and CW800 respectively.

Did you buy from a sale? Thanks.

Busy Bee

Hi busy bee,

I bought the WCs in May last year. I think they have increased their prices since. Heard from a friend who is going to renovate her house that building cost has also increased when she compares my contractor's quote with hers.

Thank you patsy,

You are always so generous and kind with your comments. Have not been updating this blog lately...not many new pictures to post. But here's 2 especially for you. We have stick on our kids photo decals in the kids toilet. We really love the results :good: . It adds character to the toilet and their cheeky expressions up the fun factor in an otherwise functional and boring space.

Door on the left leads to the WC, on the right is the door of the shower/bath area

IMG_0158.jpg

Photo decals on the shower/bath door

IMG_0160.jpg

hey....... *sweeping off gravel and soil off his body* i gave up searching for my legendary instrument in yr house and decided to own up!

ok, fine. it doesn't exist! hahaha...

hope everything's a BIG ok for you and your family ya! the decals really caught my eye! really personalised the area.

haha.. i must consider that cause seemingly my house is really lacking of pictures.

hey....... *sweeping off gravel and soil off his body* i gave up searching for my legendary instrument in yr house and decided to own up!

ok, fine. it doesn't exist! hahaha...

hope everything's a BIG ok for you and your family ya! the decals really caught my eye! really personalised the area.

haha.. i must consider that cause seemingly my house is really lacking of pictures.

Hey bro, welcome back! You sounded exactly like the mole in my garden but I really have to honor your persistence and determination in search for that mouth piece. :)

We love the photo decals too. And we have since added a lot of photos and paintings by the kids, mainly in the kids rooms to maintain the clutter free look for the rest of the house.

It has been 6 months since we moved in and we are enjoying every moment of living in a bigger place albeit too much though.....

Soccer balls have been flying into the neighbours' (left, right and back) gardens, trees and laundry ever so often. Noisy parties with wild animals howling into the nights. No-holds-barred Nerf War with No Rings, No Ref, No Rules. And an almost compulsive impromptu jamming or rather BOOM BOOM BOOM session whenever someone goes near the drum set (the drum sticks are going the way of your legendary instrument real SOON).

Hmm...i wonder why my neighbour is selling/sold her house...

That's really pretty!

Where did u get the letters from?

Thanks. Thinking of getting some for the kids toilet. But cant decide what word (although POO was the first word that came to mind. :P )

I got them from Cotton On Kids, a Kids clothing store on the first level of United Square at Novena. 3 big letters cost $10. They also have smaller ones that cost $1 each.

LOL. Poo. That's hilarious.

Ah your place is reallly gorgeous. I hope you're loving it.

Btw, which one is the armchair u got from Like That One?

Uh oh, poo was the first word that came to my mind too. Eerie....

How about pooh (the bear) hahahaha. Kid angle covered with most adults doing a double take :)