Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

Hi all,

Been doing a lot of reading on the forums - there's a real wealth of info there! Thought it was a good time to introduce myself :)

Hubby and I just bought an EA in Bishan. Our first appointment is in June, so we should be getting our keys in August. This is our 2nd home, so we really want to make sure everything is practical, easy to maintain, but at the same time not compromising on design and aesthetics.

For e.g. we have a pebble-lined walk in area in our current place - nice to look at, but VERY HIGH maintenance (a fact that Hubby keeps reminding me ... "you wanted pebbles!). So NO pebbles in the new house. :P

Edited by lachesis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Here's a peek at our floorplan:

EA_Floorplan_HDB.jpg

Here's a basic layout of what we want (we used Floorplanner - learnt about this tool here on the Forum.. hee hee):

floorplanner_134_2D_updated.jpg

Since we sort of already know what we want, we're not sure if we should engage an ID, or just go with a contractor who can do perspectives drawings (not your PCK type!). We've spoken to a couple of IDs and were given varying quotes. :unsure: Really not sure if what kind of budget we should be looking at.

Will appreciate some advice on the benchmark for budgeting. Thanks!

Current place - 87 sqm

New place - 151 sqm

Moment when we get our new keys - PRICELESS

Can't wait! ;)

Edited by lachesis

We would also like to thank supersimon27 - for introducing us to the concept of "Floorplanner", its an awesome tool & it was very helpful in giving us a perspective of how we wanted to our layout to be. And also thanks many others who have shared their experiences with us, this is another exciting journey for us. Wish us luck :D

Oh btw ME <-- is the hubby :lol:

Edited by titanax

Welcome! :)

Hi Mickey M, thanks for the info on Harfary and Soon Bee Huat, will definitely go there and have a look!

Edited by titanax

Hi Miceky M, thanks for the info on Harfary and Soon Bee Huat, will definitely go there and have a look!

U're welcome. I think most of us buy our tiles at either Harfary and Soon Bee Huat. They are more establish I would say. :)

I see that u are going for wooden feel for the whole house. I think if u clad the walls also, the feel is much better than just laying wooden flooring alone.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ILjW1fygFyo/R_kC...rvale+Dr+01.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ILjW1fygFyo/R_kC...rvale+Dr+02.jpg

U're welcome. I think most of us buy our tiles at either Harfary and Soon Bee Huat. They are more establish I would say. :)

I see that u are going for wooden feel for the whole house. I think if u clad the walls also, the feel is much better than just laying wooden flooring alone.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ILjW1fygFyo/R_kC...rvale+Dr+01.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ILjW1fygFyo/R_kC...rvale+Dr+02.jpg

We do not want to go for the total wood feeling, but flooring is definitely laminate, been using that for my current house & we are totally satisfied with the durability even with water spills. We are evaluating a few brands like PERGO, KRONO, VOHRINGER & QUICK-STEP to decide which one we will eventually decide.

Edited by titanax

We would also like to thank supersimon27 - for introducing us to the concept of "Floorplanner", its an awesome tool & it was very helpful in giving us a perspective of how we wanted to our layout to be. Also thanks to fftw - really detailed t-blog you got and thanks for the update on the gas heater. I think that's the best update on the Citygas Heater we have to date :)

And also thanks many others who have shared their experiences with us, this is another exciting journey for us. Wish us luck :D

Oh btw ME <-- is the hubby :lol:

Thanks for thanking me . ha ... I need to thanks that guy who intro floorplanner to me too ... but i kind of forget who liao . ha

Welcome to Rt-blog

Hi Titanax,

As requested, took some photos to explain to you on the wiring part for my home.

W3-1.jpg

From the original SCV point, 3 new SCV points are created - one for main living hall, one for study desk and one for mickey mouse console. There is a cut out hole behind the tv for wirings to go behind the carpentry work and reach the power points and SCV points.

w4.jpg

W2-1.jpg

On a side note, the dividers of the carpentry work can be remove to create more space if necessary.

W1-1.jpg

TV wiring, etc, will go behind the wall through the 'drainage'.

As mentioned previously, wirings were run behind the carpentry work first. I hope this helps.

Edited by Mickey M

Hi all,

Been doing a lot of reading on the forums - there's a real wealth of info there! Thought it was a good time to introduce myself :)

Hubby and I just bought an EA in Bishan. Our first appointment is in June, so we should be getting our keys in August. This is our 2nd home, so we really want to make sure everything is practical, easy to maintain, but at the same time not compromising on design and aesthetics.

For e.g. we have a pebble-lined walk in area in our current place - nice to look at, but VERY HIGH maintenance (a fact that Hubby keeps reminding me ... "you wanted pebbles!). So NO pebbles in the new house. :P

Hi Neighbour....welcome to tblog!.....welcome to Bishan ...... :good:

It has been quite sometime that i didnt logon here....and just saw yr post ..and would like to say hello!

So may I know which part of bishan EA you are at?....ermmm.... my EM is at blk 22+....

Looking forward to yr reno/transformation.......

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Hi Titanax,

As requested, took some photos to explain to you on the wiring part for my home.

W1-1.jpg

TV wiring, etc, will go behind the wall through the 'drainage'.

As mentioned previously, wirings were run behind the carpentry work first. I hope this helps.

thanks buddy! these pictures do really help alot!, did you make provisioning for OpenNet? It will be a shame to ruin the "Heineken ad" look with ugly trunking

BTW This image is a classic!! I laugh until my stomach hurts!!! :D :D :D you remind me of my Honda Civic forum buddy "garfield" his entire car is garfield design!

Edited by titanax

Hi Neighbour....welcome to tblog!.....welcome to Bishan ...... :good:

It has been quite sometime that i didnt logon here....and just saw yr post ..and would like to say hello!

So may I know which part of bishan EA you are at?....ermmm.... my EM is at blk 22+....

Looking forward to yr reno/transformation.......

Cheers!

:yamseng:

'Ellooooo neighbour!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Our EA is at Blk 13+, so we're on opposite sides of J8 and central. ;) Used to stay in AMK in my younger days, and always liked Bishan for the general ambiance, facilities and nearness to town.

We got a top-floor unit on lucky level 13, and since the block only has EAs and EMs, the lift will only be shared by us and our new next door neighbour. Heh heh.

Am also looking forward to the reno. It's been interesting (but tiring!) talking to designers/contractors to plan for the transformation. Only getting the keys in late August, and can't wait already! Haha. Will have more things to post then, and will definitely take lots of pix to capture the journey. :good:

Cheers!

thanks buddy! these pictures do really help alot!, did you make provisioning for OpenNet? It will be a shame to ruin the "Heineken ad" look with ugly trunking

BTW This image is a classic!! I laugh until my stomach hurts!!! :D :D :D you remind me of my Honda Civic forum buddy "garfield" his entire car is garfield design!

OpenNet issue has already been taken care of. :)

Initially the design was not suppose to be this. But as we wanted to install a bigger TV, we end up having to do this. Hee.

Thought of doing this:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=490698

Congras to your new home. Hope to see your self designed reno. Cheers!

Thank you :)

At present we are only in the planning stage, so just collating ideas & putting together our budget. Once we get our key, then the updates here will be fast & furious ;)