Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

SHOW ME THE LOVE YO. haha

can can, i show you the LOVE BOAT...akan datang, stay tuned to this channel, coming to stores near you!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The Big Move - Part One

Boy what a weekend. We've been packing room-by-room for about three weekends over the last month, took 2 days of leave last week. Yet it still felt like there was always something else to pack!

T-2 days - Saturday, 24 Jul

All rooms packed. Dismantled all the AV equipment, bubbled wrapped and packed into boxes, TV disconnected. NO TV FOR THE WEEKEND! THE HORROR!!!

T-1 days - Sunday 25 Jul

The last things to disappear into boxes - our PCs. NO INTERNET FOR THE WHOLE OF SUNDAY! THE HORROR!!! Went over to the in-law's to drop off the furkids first, and had dinner and watched TV there instead. Haha. Suddenly being able to watch TV was a luxury!

Here's how the house looked ...

Boxes in the Study...

boxes_study.jpg

Boxes in the Dining Room...

boxes_dining.jpg

More Boxes in the Dining Room...

boxes_dining_2.jpg

Boxes in the Guest Room...

boxes_guestrm.jpg

Boxes in the Master Bedroom...

boxes_mbr.jpg

To be cont'd...

Edited by lachesis

The Big Move - Part One (cont'd)

And Finally, Boxes in the Kitchen...

boxes_kitchen.jpg

Final Count - Boxes: 54

Loose Items - TV, Floorstanding speakers, Electric Guitar, Exercise Machine etc - 33

PHEW!!! :P

Edited by lachesis

The Big Emptiness...

Final views of the house, looking all empty and weird...

The Dining Room

empty_dining.jpg

The Study

empty_study.jpg

The TV Room

empty_TVrm.jpg

The Guest Room

empty_guestrm.jpg

Front view of the platform bed in the empty MBR

empty_MBR.jpg

To be cont'd...

Edited by lachesis

The Big Emptiness... (cont'd)

Side view of the platform bed

empty_platformbed.jpg

View of the empty WIW

empty_WIW.jpg

Close-up of our cove lights in the MBR... installed 7 years ago... didn't know at the time it was such a 'cool' thing. Hahaha. And it still is...

cove_light.jpg

View of our full-height bookcase from the TV room

empty_view_from_TVroom.jpg

The empty kitchen

empty_kitchen.jpg

Goodbye house... we had a lot of happy memories here...

The Big Move - Part One (cont'd)

D-Day - Monday 26 Jul

Woke up in the wee hours of the morning to pack all the last minute stuff (huh?!? still got stuff to pack!?!?). Good thing too, the movers came 1/2 hour early. We were really surprised when a team of about 8 guys showed up on our doorstep!

First stop - the in-law's place where we'll be staying until the new place is ready. Total - 4 boxes of his and her clothes (yes yes, more 'HERs' clothes than his.. :P ), personal stuff, shoes and other things we'll need in the interim.

Second stop - the warehouse, where our 50 something boxes and 30 over loose items got stacked onto pallets and shrink wrapped for storage.

Must say, the strength of these mover guys is amazing. They work so fast too! Turns out the team of 8 was actually two teams - since we were the first stop the second team tagged along and were dropped off along the way. Heh.

2nd Appt - Tuesday 27 Jul

Went for our 2nd appt for our place today. We are now officially 'homeless'. :rolleyes: Settled in at the in-law's, and partially living out of boxes. But we stayed here before, whehn we were waiting for the keys 7 years ago, so it doesn't feel totally strange. Must really thank my in-law's for being so nice and putting us up.

Plus, it isn't just us - it's us and our two cats! Heh heh. My in-law's dog has been having an interesting time following my older cat around. LOL.

So, we'll bide our time here... till it's time for the BIG MOVE - PART TWO... the move to Bishan. :)

p.s. the faster our reno is done, the faster we can move in.. *hint hint*

The Big Emptiness... (cont'd)

The empty kitchen

empty_kitchen.jpg

Goodbye house... we had a lot of happy memories here...

Hi Both!! I love that kitchen you've got there! That rich and deep brown is just gorgeous.. :dribble:

must convince Hubby to go for this colour :thumbs up:

Hi Both!! I love that kitchen you've got there! That rich and deep brown is just gorgeous.. :dribble:

but they are moving out of that kitchen!!!

"Goodbye house... we had a lot of happy memories here..."

unless I'm mistakened?

unless I'm mistakened?

Haha just because they're moving out I can't feel it's nice meh?? I love that dark brown! That's the colour i've been telling u about!

And why are we hijacking their t-blog for our discussions?? haha. apologies! :lol:

now where's that box that has all the dvds?? haha

congrats on the successful packing-up-your-life-in-boxes ya! sure is tiring wit so many boxes! cannot imagine man

Haha just because they're moving out I can't feel it's nice meh?? I love that dark brown! That's the colour i've been telling u about!

And why are we hijacking their t-blog for our discussions?? haha. apologies! :lol:

no need to fight lah, who owns the kitchen who has the final say :lol:

dun flame me cos of this ah!

your house in sembawang is nice! Sad to see such a nice house condition sold! How much is the COV? I should have bought from you :P

Thanks Dr A :), the COV isn't fanstastic, our block is furthur away from yours its near the Victory Family Centre, so no major "pull" factors to increase the COV and we hacked the walls & rearranged the floor-plan, it was quite a bold step for us & as usual we were greeted with the usual bewilderment from our relatives when they came to visit.

But the old folks do have some sense of wisdom, coz we hit a snag when we sold off our place, almost everybody loved our place but they were not so comfortable with the additional expenses of reconstructions the walls. This also affects the COV.

Food for thought for those "hackers" out there. My recipe for future home-owners, add 3 ounces of "do-what-you-like-coz-you're-happy" but do not neglect that 1 ounce of "good-old-fashioned-common-sense"

Thank you, :D, we opted for a timeless look, & it appears we have achieved it. We opted for no handles as handles tend to look dated over time & frankly we just don't like the cluttered look when you see handles all over the place. We still love this look & will recreate a similar theme for our new apt, but minus the light coves. Been there done that..its not as cool as it is when you need to change light bulbs & refill moth-balls supplies so that moths & lizards don't start a habitat there...& don't even get me started on the granite slab pebble walkway!! :P

unless I'm mistakened?

err so?? we're not moving out coz we hate our kitchen ok...hello!!! :P

now where's that box that has all the dvds?? haha

congrats on the successful packing-up-your-life-in-boxes ya! sure is tiring wit so many boxes! cannot imagine man

that would be all those boxes behind the stand-fan. Oh ya, it was really "fun" packing them...it's gona be even more fun unpacking them later :rolleyes:

Edited by titanax

its weird when everyone start to comments on your old place is such a nicely done, it will just add more pressure to do it better than the last and this time round, your project is on an EA which is so much bigger! :D

Like others, im looking forward to see how your new home will turn out to be :P