Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
lachesis/titanax: Trying to PM you about housewarming, but your PM inbox is full! *buzzes lachesis*

i may have titanax mobile from the previous group buy i initiated.

i can prolly drp him a sms?

i may have titanax mobile from the previous group buy i initiated.

i can prolly drp him a sms?

Hey guys,

So sorry! Haven't logged in a while. Titan and I both very busy at work. Cleared the box Yuene - hope we didn't miss it!

Ne0 - nice to hear from you! hope you're all settled in and enjoying married life! :wub:

Four months on...

It's been four months since we shifted in. No major issues - our flooring popped due to expansion and contraction but the QS guys were extremely prompt and efficient. (See my other post in the Quickstep thread).

Minor rectification work had to be done as well, but these have all been settled.

The place is really windy, in fact TOO windy! Was drying towels on our tekko in the kitchen - the wind was so strong the whole tekko fell off the holder. :sport-smiley-003:

I hate cockroaches!

The only real problem we had was a COCKROACH INFESTATION!!!! :jawdrop::furious::jawdrop: Only after four months, we found a group of them hiding in our upper corner cabinet, which only has tupperware in it. They laid eggs on the tupperware. They also crawled into our stove!! Of all places!! They hid inside the metal box under the knobs and laid eggs there too! Imagine our horror. No wonder we found a lot of cockroach poop in the cupboard under the stove - it'd been falling out through the holes in the bottom of the stove. OMG. There was even a dead cockroach in the stove - when I finally got it out through the venting holes, I found out it was... headless... *faint*...

No wonder we'd always find at least one or two live/dead cockroaches in the kitchen every day. We cleared out the cabinet, cleared out the inside of the stove, and just decided to call pest control. Pretty good service even on a Sunday- they came down, sprayed the drainage holes and skirtings in the whole house, put gel baits in all the kitchen cabinets poison baits in other cabinets.

Kudos Town Council

I also wrote to the Town Council to get them to spray the bin chute and the roof. To my surprise, they were VERY responsive. They sprayed chemicals in the bin chute, and reassured me that they flush the bin chute twice a week. I actually got two e-mails from two different people and a phone call from the guy managing our block. :good: I was so impressed I sent them a nice thank you e-mail, complimenting them on their service. Two days later, someone came by to drop off a little package from them - a little present to thank me for my compliment! Heh heh! Although it was just a post-it pad, thank you card and luggage tag, it was a nice gesture. Hand delivered too!

Anyway, here are photos of our house warming gift from Jaskel :) Thanks dude - a LOT of people like it. :yamseng:

IMG_1734.jpg

By special request, here are photos of our kitchen corner drawers. According to Jaskel, only Blum does these corner drawers.

IMG_1818.jpg

A look at the interior of the drawer. It's arrow-shaped, but really spacious! Love the cutlery trays from Howards Storage.

IMG_1819.jpg

By special request, here are photos of our kitchen corner drawers. According to Jaskel, only Blum does these corner drawers.

IMG_1818.jpg

A look at the interior of the drawer. It's arrow-shaped, but really spacious! Love the cutlery trays from Howards Storage.

IMG_1819.jpg

WAAAAH!!! Sweeee!!!! :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

i wans! :good: :good:

Anyway, here are photos of our house warming gift from Jaskel :) Thanks dude - a LOT of people like it. :yamseng:

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

The arrow shape drawers do looks spacious!!

:)

Jaskel,

can let me know where u get those key holders? its very pretty! :)

I hate cockroaches!

The only real problem we had was a COCKROACH INFESTATION!!!! :jawdrop::furious::jawdrop: Only after four months, we found a group of them hiding in our upper corner cabinet, which only has tupperware in it. They laid eggs on the tupperware. They also crawled into our stove!! Of all places!! They hid inside the metal box under the knobs and laid eggs there too! Imagine our horror. No wonder we found a lot of cockroach poop in the cupboard under the stove - it'd been falling out through the holes in the bottom of the stove. OMG. There was even a dead cockroach in the stove - when I finally got it out through the venting holes, I found out it was... headless... *faint*...

...I usually use this one from NTUC

998012582.jpg

works for a few months... den it comes back again... *sigh*

:o hate roaches! :o

The arrow shape drawers do looks spacious!!

:)

Jaskel,

can let me know where u get those key holders? its very pretty! :)

Sorry for the late reply...I got them at ebay cos most of them only have HER but no HIS.

Hello everyone,

It's been 5 weeks since my post on the cockroach problem, and we are happy to say it seems to be under control now. After clearing out all their favourite places, getting pest control to come down, we only saw maybe 1 or 2 and it's been okay since (touch wood).

The most effective measure, I must say, was the magnetic insect screen (netting) we put up at the kitchen window and common bathroom window. Here are some pix - in the day you can barely see the netting at all! :good:

Kitchen window - 1 big panel (left), 1 small panel (right)

IMG_1847.jpg

Kitchen window - left panel, different angle

IMG_1851.jpg

Common bathroom window - it's a bit dim even with the light on as the sun is really bright

IMG_1850.jpg

It has not only kept out cockroaches, but other flying insects too! I know for a FACT it works against cockroaches, because one morning, I lifted bottom right corner of the net to push the sliding windows close (we were leaving for work). A cockroach took the opportunity to try to crawl into the house. I got a shock when I saw the cockroach, so let go of the net which snapped back into the place. When I lifted the net, the cockroach boldly crawled in. Killed it by squishing it with a tissue. If I hadn't lifted the net, it would never have been able to come in at all. The screen cost us around $300 (the total area was smaller than the minimum size), but it was WORTH EVERY CENT. :yamseng:

It has been so effective, we didn't even sign up for the yearly package for pest control in the end. The service was very good - their technician even advised against wasting money on a yearly package as our place is very clean.

The weather is blazing hot these days, and we're thankful we decided to put an aircon unit in our dining/living area. We'd almost left it out to save cost. :notti:

So all's well in the EA in Bishan. Only sour point - had a major run-in with BOSCH over a trivial matter of our fridge door handle. You can read about my blood pressure raising conversations with BOSCH in my other thread. Warn your friends too!

Hi lachesis,

Can I check with you if the magnetic insect screen is strong enough to withstand cat claws/occasional chewing?

We are planning to bring a stray cat home (we feed her everyday), but can't seem to find any window grilles with gaps that are 2" apart, unless we do customization of course.

Thank you very much.

Hi lachesis,

Can I check with you if the magnetic insect screen is strong enough to withstand cat claws/occasional chewing?

We are planning to bring a stray cat home (we feed her everyday), but can't seem to find any window grilles with gaps that are 2" apart, unless we do customization of course.

Thank you very much.

Hi Osol,

Er, the screen is meant for insects. Sorry, but am not sure if it can withstand a cat's claws.. or chewing.

In our previous place, we had lots of built in furniture near windows, and since we don't like grills, we had to keep the windows closed all the time so the kitties could be safe. Here in the new place we don't have any furniture near windows so we can open the windows to let in air. :) Closed windows might be the safest way to keep kitty in, esp if kitty is used to venturing out.

Good luck! :good: