Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dbkungfu

Little Penguin Migration

Hi dbkunfu

wow, your house looks gorgeous! And the 3D and real pix really close!

actually, throwing away things is common la, bc frm old house "bu she de" throw mah .. think i will also have to go through this exercise when mine is ready - right now they are tucked away in 2 storage boxes! My hubby (who was not around when we moved out from old place) said that I am mad to keep so many things- incur cost in storage, then after 3 months sure throw away one :bangwall:

btw can check where you get your blum accessories from? The other day i went to shanghai tong lee, and was shocked that their price for drawer runners is higher than getting from blum direct! The salesman couldnt believe it too - he said there is price revision - but lower??

1stly thnx for the compliment :) hahaha I am like u very "bu she de" or "sin tung", those who not willing to throw old thing away. Imagine I still keep clothing that > 10years. But I believe my wf had secretly throw away them before the move. Now she targetting to throw my books :unsure: nvm, as long as I dont realise, it ok.

ok blum, actually my ID bought it for me as he can get 10% discount. What I did is I email blum to get the price list then I compare. tong lee ... been there but dissappointed as nothing to see, friendly sales lady said I need to tell them what I need, then they get price. So avoid the hastle of buying few blum accessories, wf and me decided to get ID to buy instead ;) sorry cant help much here.

Edited by dbkungfu

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
3d design vs real comparison - Kitchen

Most expensive area ...

3D

kitchencabinet3dcopy.jpg

Real

kitchencabinetreal.jpg

Didnt change the wall and floor tiles. Granite black galaxy countertop (3 pieces) + glass backsplash (2 pieces) + blum drawer (s1+2 x s3+ 2 x runners, all can support max 30kg). Cabinet below hobs change to swing door 'cos got song-cho 2x pull-out basket. Old fridge (right) and washing machine (behind l-shape cabinet) fit in well.

After loading stuff into cabinet, still not enough space. Sam, going to throw stuff away again :unsure:

can i ask wat is the material of ur kitchen cabinets?

1stly thnx for the compliment :) hahaha I am like u very "bu she de" or "sin tung", those who not willing to throw old thing away. Imagine I still keep clothing that > 10years. But I believe my wf had secretly throw away them before the move. Now she targetting to throw my books :unsure: nvm, as long as I dont realise, it ok.

ha ha ... out of sight, out of mind lor. So we are opposite - i am the "garang guni", my hubby the "thrower". He jokingly said actually all we need is the few boxes we have in rental house now, because if the rest of the things can keep in storage for a few months, means those are not necessity!

ok blum, actually my ID bought it for me as he can get 10% discount. What I did is I email blum to get the price list then I compare. tong lee ... been there but dissappointed as nothing to see, friendly sales lady said I need to tell them what I need, then they get price. So avoid the hastle of buying few blum accessories, wf and me decided to get ID to buy instead ;) sorry cant help much here.

no worries, thanks!

Life @ Punggol Day 5

Finally, gotten store rack installed by yee sin today. Called up yesterday, gave estimated dimension of my storeroom or rather bombshelter size, auntie checked their previous installation at punggol ... wah lahhhh, she called back mentioning that I can go for their standard l-shape package. Wanted them to do it quickly, so made appointment at 2:30-3pm today, worker called up around 1+pm to confirm that someone is at home. 2 workers arrived at 2pm & setup completed around 3pm. :good:

Uncle mentioned to wf that each rack can sustain up to 100kg.

chosen gray rack with white pvc plywood (extra $30).

storerack_P1040537.jpg

storerack_P1040538.jpg

photo taken by wf

Heartache yesterday, as I kah kiang attempt to stick some poster in my studyroom with blue tack. Then when tried to remove some of it, the paint peel off. now I got 3 very obvious white patches on my green wall :( ... will DIY painting this weekend, fortunately, there still paint left by painter.

Question, is there a certain duration for paint to settle down permanently before we can start sticking tape on it ? 1/2/3 weeks ?

Edited by dbkungfu

Life @ Punggol Day 5

storerack_P1040537.jpg

storerack_P1040538.jpg

photo taken by wf

mine sharing the cost u paid.. and the total dimension.. am looking for something similar...

Pls send me a PM in case i lose this thread..

Thanks alot

Life @ Punggol Day 5

Finally, gotten store rack installed by yee sin today. Called up yesterday, gave estimated dimension of my storeroom or rather bombshelter size, auntie checked their previous installation at punggol ... wah lahhhh, she called back mentioning that I can go for their standard l-shape package. Wanted them to do it quickly, so made appointment at 2:30-3pm today, worker called up around 1+pm to confirm that someone is at home. 2 workers arrived at 2pm & setup completed around 3pm. :good:

Uncle mentioned to wf that each rack can sustain up to 100kg.

storerack_P1040537.jpg

storerack_P1040538.jpg

photo taken by wf

Heartache yesterday, as I kah kiang attempt to stick some poster in my studyroom with blue tack. Then when tried to remove some of it, the paint peel off. now I got 3 very obvious white patches on my green wall :( ... will DIY painting this weekend, fortunately, there still paint left by painter.

Question, is there a certain duration for paint to settle down permanently before we can start sticking tape on it ? 1/2/3 weeks ?

why did it peel? what paint u use? i used blue tack many times no such prob leh...

ya, can give rough idea how much it cost?

Edited by samgalz

why did it peel? what paint u use? i used blue tack many times no such prob leh...

ya, can give rough idea how much it cost?

sam

nippon lerrr ... I still got the can with me. aiyo, how come nobody notice the price in my signature, also told sazeryn same thing ... rack is $190. if dun want white pvc plywood type then $160. visit www.yee-sin.com

Edited by dbkungfu

3d design vs real comparison - Living room

I tried my best to choose those with correct angle ok.

3D design - Living room

Livingroom3dnew.jpg

Real - view 1, night shoot

Livingroomreal1.jpg

Real - view 2, night shoot

Livingroomreal2.jpg

Decided not to do parquet corner, blum 4x runners for tv console drawer, replace light with ceiling fan, tv console mid portion change to glass as there concern that the remote signal will not work properly if based on 3d design, my wireless keyboard for htpc hidden inside mid of tvconsole ...

btw ... today the bottom tv console had been dismantle :(

tvconsolefix_P1040516.jpg

why ?? ... dont know how to begin. A day before move-in a worker came to install tv wall bracket, wf ask to wait for me to do together as I was driving back. Then on my way back, wf sms me told me he kah kiang & start himself. End up whole ss bracket drop on top of tv console & poke 3 holes. But nevertheless, he keep on apologizing ... but wf still nagging. So today, they come & fix liaww ... still doing now, so secretly took photo to post. In morning, ID came to install blum divider, but no stock for my s3 drawer divider, so need to wait.

after 3hr of dismantling, scraping, re-laminating ... finally they completed the fixed for my tv console cabinet ... so top part looks swee swee liaww. Was worry may not look good, but look seamless. good work :)

tvconsole_P1040532.jpg

hey may i knw whr did u get the photo frames on ur right? (the photos which contain ur bb) :)

sam

nippon lerrr ... I still got the can with me. aiyo, how come nobody notice the price in my signature, also told sazeryn same thing ... rack is $190. if dun want white pvc plywood type then $160. visit www.yee-sin.com

hehehe...sorry ah, din notice... thanks for the info. shall call yee sin when reno finishes.

hey may i knw whr did u get the photo frames on ur right? (the photos which contain ur bb) :)

Got it from ikea quite a while ago :) transferred from old place. cant recall the series name. seriously, I discovered the photo may turn yellowish after years ... maybe can redeveloped again.

hehehe...sorry ah, din notice... thanks for the info. shall call yee sin when reno finishes.

no worry :P

kitchen_P1030942.jpg

hi bro, is the sink supported by any concrete support, or the cabinet/countertop is holding up the weight? when u have heavy load on the sink, will it warp and bend the u-drainpipe ?

Edited by neubie

kitchen_P1030942.jpg

hi bro, is the sink supported by any concrete support, or the cabinet/countertop is holding up the weight? when u have heavy load on the sink, will it warp and bend the u-drainpipe ?

hi

good input ... never thought of that. anyway, my sink is seating on top of my granite countertop & no concrete. To my understanding, if it is granite countertop, the cabinet plywood will have some re-enforcement meaning thicker at top portion. warp or bend ... touch wood so far none as I dont fill up with water or load with heavy stuff.

Edited by dbkungfu

hi

good input ... never thought of that. anyway, my sink is seating on top of my granite countertop & no concrete. To my understanding, if it is granite countertop, the cabinet plywood will have some re-enforcement meaning thicker at top portion. warp or bend ... touch wood so far none as I dont fill up with water or load with heavy stuff.

my concern is if there is some food preparation at the sink area, or using cleaver to chop chicken, will the impact loosen up the structure? i know the granite is very hard, but can oso be brittle if the points of stress are not spread out evenly...

or during washing of plates, sink strain get choked with food scraps, water start accumulating much faster than the drainage clears the waste water, it might pose stress to the countertop...

Edited by neubie

my concern is if there is some food preparation at the sink area, or using cleaver to chop chicken, will the impact loosen up the structure? i know the granite is very hard, but can oso be brittle if the points of stress are not spread out evenly...

or during washing of plates, sink strain get choked with food scraps, water start accumulating much faster than the drainage clears the waste water, it might pose stress to the countertop...

understood your concern, if that the case, then should go for cement/concrete structure, but did thot of having mixture of cement & plywood previously, but drop that idea for sake of seamless design. anyway, I used to have cement in my old flat. Hard chopping/hacking/butchering of raw food is never a problem, other then concern neighbor downstair might complain. Had not tried on my granite, anyway, not going to for a least this few months, just get ntuc to chop for me ;)

for the food choking, nowaday most of the sink brand comes with this "basket strainer" accessories instead of normal one to ease removal of waste with extra cost. so u may want to look at that as well. also, nowaday some branded model sink like franke is made in china, u could feel see different in pricing & ss thickness.

Edited by dbkungfu