Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunnytan31

Stove And Sink Support

There are many way to eat a chocolate, nevertheless, the reason you want it to be concrete support is due to chopping purpose? or for water résistance?

we will design the concrete support accordingly not to touch the existing work top if is not necessary . :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

There are many way to eat a chocolate, nevertheless, the reason you want it to be concrete support is due to chopping purpose? or for water résistance?

we will design the concrete support accordingly not to touch the existing work top if is not necessary . :good:

Tiler Seng, tks for replying. It's more for water resistance as my washing machine is just right beside it. My sink occupies 2 cabinet doors. Like to get quotation from you, what info do you need from me in order to quote?

Hi all,

I also researched quite a bit on this topic and decided to go for a concrete kitchen countertop.

Unfortunately, I think my contractor is not very experienced and messed up the construction of the concrete counter top.

I need an honest and experienced second opinion on my cracking concrete kitchen countertop as I'm not sure if the structure will be stable in future.

The problem (see picture):

problem_zps8b1d2358.jpg

We want a second opinion as we are worried that the contractor’s method of rectifying the issue may cause problems in the future.

Here’s what happened:

We asked our contractor to build a concrete kitchen countertop. He built the concrete support too low. Thankfully, we found out before our carpentry & granite top was installed. So we asked him to rectify it.

We were surprised that he rectified it by hacking the top of the granite support off and topping up the legs of the vertical support with bricks and cement to reach the agreed height (see picture).

badfix_zps1ee48e7c.jpg

badfixunderneath_zps796a06d1.png

He then patched up the joints with more cement and covered up the tiles.

A week later, we noticed that the joints cracked and the tiles cracked as well.

problem_zps8b1d2358.jpg

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

We are really quite worried.

Can reuse back my sink, granite top if refurbish the my stove from wood support to concrete one?

How attached pics in this forum!!!!!!

Edited by Neutral

On 27/03/2016 at 6:15 PM, Neutral said:

Can reuse back my sink, granite top if refurbish the my stove from wood support to concrete one?

Should be no issue, most contractors will know how to do it

On 3/27/2016 at 6:15 PM, Neutral said:

How attached pics in this forum!!!!!!

Register with "Photobucket", go to your Library, copy IMG link:  and paste your reply box. :good:

Cyanjachoc,

The problem is the tiles that you used, i believe your tiles are porcelain, they are known to crack very easily under heavy use. not rec for stone top. should have used homogeneous tiles instead.

My kitchen top have a L shape, half with stove Join with half with sink. How much will it cost to refurbish half my current kitchen to full concrete support with new sink, granite top, bottom cabinet.

size in cm : 216(L) X 60(W) 83(H)