Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hippobb

Hippobb's House Reno

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just went up to my hse to take a look.. met my contractor there busy coordinating piping & cabinets stuff with sub con... happy to see this :D ... cement for living rm laid and the tilers are ready to lay the tiles.... should be good tonite...

Remember I mentioned about leaking ceiling problem when I started this reno .... went up at my hse cos HDB called and inform me that my upstairs neighbour's hse common toilet has been hacked and HDB asked if our common toilet ceiling needs any painting over....

Good thing that the ceiling leaking has now stopped after upstairs hacked their toilet cos my contractor plasterman had plastered my toilet ceiling and for the past few days the ceiling leaked and now my ceiling has unsightly patches... already tried to coincide with the hacking of upstairs toilet with my own reno but becos of HDB process it took 3 weeks before their work started... my tilers and plasterman mentioned to me that its dripping water like rain whenever upstairs takes a shower... will take some pics of my common toilet ceiling for all to see tonite when I goes up again...

Day 17 nite ...

Living hall tiles completed

P1060119-1.jpg

runway 90% complete

P1060120-1.jpg

left with balcony, partial MBR tiling and dining hall tiling... quite surprised that the tiling works progress is pretty fast... :D

btw got a quick qn...

Does anyone know the diff between wet and dry cement tiles laying? I tot I heard this from my contractor today...

Day 18 Morning Pics

Common Toilet - The ugly water patches at the ceiling caused by upstairs neighbour's toilet cracked waterproof screed... my contractor says he will do up that area...

P1060121-1-1.jpg

Living hall morning view

P1060123-1.jpg

Entrance's walkway

P1060129-1.jpg

Walkway's tile flora motif design

P1060130-1.jpg

Edited by hippobb

Day 19 + 20 pics taken over the weekend... nothing much over the weekend... piping for electrical works started

Dining hall flooring done

P1060146-1.jpg

Main Entrance's remaining tiles and mosaic up

P1060145-1.jpg

Common toilet shower area mosaic up

P1060147-01.jpg

mosaic closeup shot

P1060149-1.jpg

Day 22 - June 22

Things starts to slow down liao since flooring completed... met contractor this morning and he says now will get to see lesser pple working cos tiling work is done... next will be electricall wiring and aircon installation

New kitchen white powder coated windows installed this morning

P1060160-1-1.jpg

Electrical wiring started this morning...

electrician asked what kind of switches I am using... big panel MK or Clipsal... wasnt too sure as we initially asked for clipsal and also the MK name sounds like some cheapo brand ... so sms contractor and he says MK switches will be nicer on the whole... so without thinking too much .. told electrician to use MK switches.. but later when I cameback home, I googled then realised that MK is actually more expensive then clipsal... so check with contractor if need to add $$ and he says no need... :):)

P1060161-1-1.jpg

Wiring status just now

P1060162.jpg

COngrats on starting ur reno works. I love the mosiac tiles. LOVELY! And unique floral tiles too.

Hi Lynd3ralla,

Thanks!! ... me and wifey loved the effect created by the mosiac tiles too! ... been busy sourcing for stuff for the house the past few days... will posts more pics when more is done...

Hope u have a nice and smooth reno progress too... Cheers!!

Day 28 June

living room false ceiling up over the weekend

P1060199-1.jpg

dining hall false ceiling

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/h.../P1060200-1.jpg

The partition man was setting up the partition wall for the full height cabinet at the foyer area when I popped by during lunch..

P1060204-1.jpg

MBR ceiling partition structure

P1060207-1.jpg

Edited by hippobb

MBR partition wall for WIW

P1060205-1.jpg

Aircon piping in pvc conduit in the partition... the aircon man actually wanted to run the pipes behind the built in wardrobe in the WIW ... I suggested to my ID/contractor guy about the possibility of running it across the 6inch thick false partition ...for future provision ie if there's any big small aircon issue I wont have to gut out my whole 9ft WIW.... also by running it this way.. the path of the aircon piping will be shorter too...

P1060208-1.jpg

Pics taken on Day 17 morning

Common toilet - shower area

conceal piping water outlet no visible pipes - conceal piping can be done if the piece of wall is a hacked and rebuilt wall

P1060100-1-1.jpg

will take more pics tonite... tiler told me last nite that they will be doing the other bedrooms today..

This is very nice, reminds me of my shower room :)

Ok .... u guys must have thought I yep alot rite.... before I forget... here's my floor plan... :D

hippobb-hse-floor-plan.jpg

Hi Hippobb,

Just saw your t-blog, I think we got the same floorplan. Hee..

Looking at your layout, I guess the mbr will be crampy after building the wiw.

By the way, we also went through the same thing about the upstair leakage. I wonder if we had the same MP, ours Mrs Lim. :)