Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hippobb

Hippobb's House Reno

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Hippobb,

Just saw your t-blog, I think we got the same floorplan. Hee..

Looking at your layout, I guess the mbr will be crampy after building the wiw.

By the way, we also went through the same thing about the upstair leakage. I wonder if we had the same MP, ours Mrs Lim. :)

Hi Rasp,

Yes we had the same MP.... r u on the 6th flr too? asking cos I saw our next blk at the 6th flr ..there's a unit that is currently under reno too... started almost the same time as us...

Hi Rasp,

Yes we had the same MP.... r u on the 6th flr too? asking cos I saw our next blk at the 6th flr ..there's a unit that is currently under reno too... started almost the same time as us...

I think we're staying quite close to each other. My block is also doing the lift upgrading now.

We finished our reno last year. Hee.. my t-blog is down there somewhere. :lol:

I think we're staying quite close to each other. My block is also doing the lift upgrading now.

We finished our reno last year. Hee.. my t-blog is down there somewhere. :lol:

Ah.. Rasp!! we could be neighbours... hee hee my block is also undergoing lift upgrading ... cannot find ur t-blog leh...

Ah.. Rasp!! we could be neighbours... hee hee my block is also undergoing lift upgrading ... cannot find ur t-blog leh...

Rasp... we are neighbours...

Just manage to dig out ur reno blog... and from ur pic of ur balcony view.... we are staying at the same block!!

Rasp... we are neighbours...

Just manage to dig out ur reno blog... and from ur pic of ur balcony view.... we are staying at the same block!!

Good Morning hippobb,

Wow.. so coincidence. The neighbour directly opposite us also in this forum. They also just renovated their place.

Which stretch are you at? Along the main lift stretch too? :)

------

I just went to browse your pics. I think you're same staircase as us cause you got no 'door' at the balcony. Hee..

Edited by Rasp

Good Morning hippobb,

Wow.. so coincidence. The neighbour directly opposite us also in this forum. They also just renovated their place.

Which stretch are you at? Along the main lift stretch too? :)

------

I just went to browse your pics. I think you're same staircase as us cause you got no 'door' at the balcony. Hee..

Hi Rasp,

We are at the main staircase in the middle of the block (used to be with the 3 lifts ) 6th flr... I read ur blog... u got some nice ideas ie knocking down of walls and relocating ur store rm... I like the place where u put the fridge.... flushed with the wall ... hee hee if I had read ur blog earlier ..I would also have done the same to my kitchen too...

and ..reading thru the posts... I also realised that wonderbeezz also stayed at the same block too!! and poiseidongal stays near by the botakjones and roast duck stall coffeeshop..

hee hee... btw u r welcome to pop by and look see look see when my hse is almost done...

We have been staying here for almost 11yrs and loved the amenities at the area... what abt u? I think should be less then 3 years bah?

Hi Rasp,

We are at the main staircase in the middle of the block (used to be with the 3 lifts ) 6th flr... I read ur blog... u got some nice ideas ie knocking down of walls and relocating ur store rm... I like the place where u put the fridge.... flushed with the wall ... hee hee if I had read ur blog earlier ..I would also have done the same to my kitchen too...

and ..reading thru the posts... I also realised that wonderbeezz also stayed at the same block too!! and poiseidongal stays near by the botakjones and roast duck stall coffeeshop..

hee hee... btw u r welcome to pop by and look see look see when my hse is almost done...

We have been staying here for almost 11yrs and loved the amenities at the area... what abt u? I think should be less then 3 years bah?

Hi Hippobb,

We shared the same staircase. Yah, wonderbeezz is staying just opposite my unit (same level), same stretch as yours. I managed to spot your windows grill from downstair last evening. :lol:

Thanks for your invite, will love to pop in when you're done. Always excited to see new layout with the same floor plan. Wonderbeezz's layout totally different from mine. :)

Hee.. we are here for 3 years already. The amenities are good, but would be great if they had more buses for the 315 bus stop. Hee.. now looking forward to the lift completion and NEX opening in Nov.

By the way, just curious, how much did you bought your flat at?

Hi Hippobb,

We shared the same staircase. Yah, wonderbeezz is staying just opposite my unit (same level), same stretch as yours. I managed to spot your windows grill from downstair last evening. :lol:

Thanks for your invite, will love to pop in when you're done. Always excited to see new layout with the same floor plan. Wonderbeezz's layout totally different from mine. :)

Hee.. we are here for 3 years already. The amenities are good, but would be great if they had more buses for the 315 bus stop. Hee.. now looking forward to the lift completion and NEX opening in Nov.

By the way, just curious, how much did you bought your flat at?

Hee hee ...u wouldn't believe who's family I bought it from and how much I paid abt 10years ago...

U heard of one of our local chinese singaporean singer? 黎非辉? it was his bro's hse... he was staying there with his bro family and parents... and we bought it at 30k below valuation back then... at 330k... I remembered they were doing a contra back then ...they have confirmed to buy their flat at pasir ris but couldn't find a buyer for the hse lor... so we sap the whole deal... no COV and below valuation... :)

What abt ur flat? should be arnd the ball park figure of 380-420k bah? how much cov u paid ah?

Edited by hippobb

Hee hee ...u wouldn't believe who's family I bought it from and how much I paid abt 10years ago...

U heard of one of our local chinese singaporean singer? 黎非辉? it was his bro's hse... he was staying there with his bro family and parents... and we bought it at 30k below valuation back then... at 330k... I remembered they were doing a contra back then ...they have confirmed to buy their flat at pasir ris but couldn't find a buyer for the hse lor... so we sap the whole deal... no COV and below valuation... :)

What abt ur flat? should be arnd the ball park figure of 380-420k bah? how much cov u paid ah?

Good Morning hippobb,

Wow.. so our local singer stayed here last time.

Im surprised that you got it at 3xxk. Do you mean your valuation was 330K and they sold you at 300K ?

We bought ours at 280K (valuation 270K, cov 10K). :D Infact, few weeks after we sign the agreement to purchase, HDB had a walk-in-selection and there's a identical unit just next block (facing the field/ running track), going at only 260K. We thought we bought this unit expensive. Hee..

By the way, were you discussing your reno stuff with your contractor at the 'chess corner' yesterday evening? Saw a couple there, wondering if its you. Hee.. :)

Morning Rasp!!

:o u mean u bought ur flat at 280K? thats the price of a 4rm flat u know... good deal u got there...

Our valuation was at abt 358k and we bought it at abt 330k..

Yes, that's us at the chess table... was discussing about our wardrobes configuration and laminates.... also asking my contractor to custom make the bedroom doors for us (wanted nyatoh doors at first but later we tot that nyatoh doors makes the place looks abit oldish leh)... basically this is a veerner door but with a more solid plywood core... guess not many contractor custom make house doors... every different contractor or ID have some specialities in some different areas... suspect that our contractor Ambrose specializes in carpentry works thats why he is very very confident on this...

Good Morning hippobb,

Wow.. so our local singer stayed here last time.

Im surprised that you got it at 3xxk. Do you mean your valuation was 330K and they sold you at 300K ?

We bought ours at 280K (valuation 270K, cov 10K). :D Infact, few weeks after we sign the agreement to purchase, HDB had a walk-in-selection and there's a identical unit just next block (facing the field/ running track), going at only 260K. We thought we bought this unit expensive. Hee..

By the way, were you discussing your reno stuff with your contractor at the 'chess corner' yesterday evening? Saw a couple there, wondering if its you. Hee.. :)

Morning Rasp!!

:o u mean u bought ur flat at 280K? thats the price of a 4rm flat u know... good deal u got there...

Our valuation was at abt 358k and we bought it at abt 330k..

Yes, that's us at the chess table... was discussing about our wardrobes configuration and laminates.... also asking my contractor to custom make the bedroom doors for us (wanted nyatoh doors at first but later we tot that nyatoh doors makes the place looks abit oldish leh)... basically this is a veerner door but with a more solid plywood core... guess not many contractor custom make house doors... every different contractor or ID ha

Day 32 - 2nd July

Nothing much going on for the past few days... went up just now and saw most of the kitchen & toilet accessories are already up... saw a few buckets of sealant paint... think should be starting painting soon...

living rm cove light ceiling

P1060245-1.jpg

dining hall cove light ceiling

P1060246-1.jpg

ef hob - was attracted by the cast iron rings and also we needed something heavy duty to do some real cooking...

P1060235-1.jpg

ef hood - tot it will be nice if it comes in a set...

P1060243-1.jpg

Edited by hippobb

MBR sink

P1060247-1.jpg

Kitchen sink

P1060236-1.jpg

Hansa taps & shower accessories ... not too sure if these are good or not... made in Germany though... guess if can withstand those big tall germans... should be ok bah.. :D

P1060238-1.jpg

simple spigot set ... think its less than 7 bucks..

P1060237-1.jpg

our Joven 35L heater... chosen this over ariston cos heard from contractor that ariston got some minor issues ... seems like a lot of pple uses Joven too...

P1060233-1.jpg

paffarni kitchen tap...

P1060240-1.jpg