Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hippobb

Hippobb's House Reno

Just to share ... some good deals from Gain City Expo Sale ... did some comparison since free today... so went driving arnd..

1. Samsung Series 5 LED 37" TV UA37C5000QM

GC expo sale selling this at 1399 comes with free hdmi cable, free samsung DVD player (cheapo one but workable), free wall mount

HN selling this at 1799 :o ... definitely over priced liao

GC marina sq ... eh they dun even know that there's this model...

Courts selling this at 1499... free bracket..

2. Panasonic NRBY601KSSG 2 door fridge

GC expo sale selling this at 1257.. comes with free ntuc 50 bucks voucher..

HN selling this at 1399 comes with free ntuc 50bucks voucher

Panasonic road show at Suntec City outside Carrefour... selling this at 1399 + 100bucks NTUC voucher

Courts selling this at 1399 + free giant 50 bucks voucher

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 43 - 13th July

Some updates... nothing much for the past 1 week, painting and lightings work almost completed... waiting for carpentry works to start these 2 days...

Living room

P1060268.jpg

Dinning room

P1060273-1.jpg

Walkway to bedrooms & storeroom

P1060271-1.jpg

Day 43 - 13th July

Some updates... nothing much for the past 1 week, painting and lightings work almost completed... waiting for carpentry works to start these 2 days...

Living room

P1060268.jpg

Morning Hippobb,

Nice progress with your reno. I like the round corner at the living wall. Hee..

By the way, I noticed that you put up a 'wall' at the living (right-side of the living room pic). You might want to be careful with your furniture purchase because the space from the front entrance through the recess area to the main area might not be sufficient for the mover to shift / turn those big bulky furniture (e.g. sofa, bed) in. Wonder-bee (my direct neighbour) also face this issue during his furniture delivery (though he didnt have that wall). Just for you to take note. :)

Hi Rasp,

:o Thanks for highlighting this... we totally overlooked this point... that place is for a full height cabinet.. gosh..now we are worried if our king size bed frame can turn at that corner boh.... will do some measurements later this evening...

btw we got our FSM to come and visit our house and give us some FS advice on Sat... and it so happen that our FSM's daughter's friend also stays in the same blk so while our FSM visited us, his daughter visited her friend on the 11th flr... just wonder if that's you leh.. :)

Morning Hippobb,

Nice progress with your reno. I like the round corner at the living wall. Hee..

By the way, I noticed that you put up a 'wall' at the living (right-side of the living room pic). You might want to be careful with your furniture purchase because the space from the front entrance through the recess area to the main area might not be sufficient for the mover to shift / turn those big bulky furniture (e.g. sofa, bed) in. Wonder-bee (my direct neighbour) also face this issue during his furniture delivery (though he didnt have that wall). Just for you to take note. :)

btw ...just some lobang to share...

Hommage-trading @ tai thong crescent not only sells furniture at a reasonable price.. they also sell those shaggy fluffy carpets rugs ... just got a queen sized shaggy rug @ 280.... feel its pretty good deal compared to those at the expo or those carpet shops at holiday inn atrium hotel...

Hi Rasp,

:o Thanks for highlighting this... we totally overlooked this point... that place is for a full height cabinet.. gosh..now we are worried if our king size bed frame can turn at that corner boh.... will do some measurements later this evening...

btw we got our FSM to come and visit our house and give us some FS advice on Sat... and it so happen that our FSM's daughter's friend also stays in the same blk so while our FSM visited us, his daughter visited her friend on the 11th flr... just wonder if that's you leh.. :)

Hello Hippobb,

No problem. Think its a common issue for our layout. We also have a king size bed, but the frame etc are already there during reno (cause we didnt shift them out of the house during the reno). Hope your bedframe can go through. :D

Nope, not me.. its wonder-bee family doing the housewarming on Sat. Hee..

Day 50 - 20th July

Things had been at a lomo standstill state since last thurs... and finally today house came abuzz with workers doing carpentry & glass works :D

Kitchen cabinet overall view

P1060289-1.jpg

Tall unit for our rowenta oven & microwave oven

P1060288-1.jpg

sink area cabinets

P1060300-1.jpg

black mirror at dinning area installed today ... with dinning area lights off

P1060291-1.jpg

with lights on... lots of messy work stuff at the dinning area

P1060299-1.jpg

shoe cabinet near the main entrance...

P1060284-1.jpg

living room area with lots of boxes .... shifted our stuff back from brother's-in-law factory.. since last week on 16th July...

P1060285-1.jpg

btw ... our king size sealy bed got delivered yesterday... lucky can squeeze thru the walkway & show cab corner turn... tmr our panasonic fridge, lorenzo dinning table, samsung TV and curtains will be coming... house is very messy with little place to move... but bopian liao... have to move in on the 25th cos FSM says its a good date...

Day 51 - 21st July

the carpentors helped to clear away the stuff at the dinning hall to get ready for my dinning table tmr ... spent a good 45mins cleaning the black mirror :D

P1060309-1.jpg

room doors up today.. :)

P1060308-1.jpg

concealed shelfing for my players and some barang barang... door to the shelves not installed yet ..

P1060306-1.jpg

entrance to our wiw

P1060305-1.jpg

Guest Goobii

Yo bro hippo. Found u here.... Heehee.

Still got problem? If yes, just find my ID contractor. Fast & Good.

His contact is listed in my signature. Just call , sms or email him.

Good luck in ur reno......