Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enivi

Water Is Collecting In The Air-con Tray Of Fan Coil And It Gives Off A Mouldy Smell

Hi all,

the air con blower of one of my rooms is giving out a mouldy smell each time when we on it..but the smell only come out when we just on it..then the smell is blew off. It happens everytime we switch it on.

Then my hubby took down the whole cover and realised that the water that condenses is collecting on the tray and some did not flow down the pipe., maybe bcos the angle of the fan coil unit was not titled towards the pipe. So we suspect that it is the water that collects there which gives off the mouldy smell. But we do not understand how could mould grow on the plastic tray with nothing to feed on. The other 2 units in the other rooms are working just fine with the exception of this one in MBR.

We have tried putting the 4in1 dehumidifier inside the room but to no avail. We cant stand the awful smell, given that we on the unit everynight.

Does anyone has a solution to my problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Water should not be staying in the tray, it should be drain off through the drainage pipe.

Think there is a blockage some where, might be the drainage pipes.

Think it's time you need to service/maintain your aircon.

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers :drunk:

Hi Bro,

thank you for your reply.

My air-con is only 3 months old..its the mitsubishi electric which i just got for my new place..

Do i need to service it so fast?

But when i look at the drainage pipe that leads to the toilet, water is dripping leh..so i dun think that the pipe is blocked..

what do u think?

Hi Bro,

thank you for your reply.

My air-con is only 3 months old..its the mitsubishi electric which i just got for my new place..

Do i need to service it so fast?

But when i look at the drainage pipe that leads to the toilet, water is dripping leh..so i dun think that the pipe is blocked..

what do u think?

Since the units are new, it should still be under warranty for installation right? Probably should get the vendor to fix it, dude.

Huh? then the installation muz be something wrong. The water shld be drain off not stay in the tray.

Think the blower unit is not mount properly.

The drainage from the toilet links to 3 unit of your blower.

Water will drip even if the MBR unit is block.

Maybe you like to ask the agent/installer to do something. As your unit is still under warranty.

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers :drunk:

I got the same problem . (my air-con was left by previous owner)

Water at tray . Service countless time, chem wash/ pipe change/ genernal cleaning . But problem will just resurface again every 1-2month . till I give up liao. Yes, yesterday the air-con man came again . Now tell me need to chem wash the air-con (last service done on march) to prevent leakage. Then after that every 3 month must service 1 time .... i already don't know should I believe him or not ....

I got the same problem . (my air-con was left by previous owner)

Water at tray . Service countless time, chem wash/ pipe change/ genernal cleaning . But problem will just resurface again every 1-2month . till I give up liao. Yes, yesterday the air-con man came again . Now tell me need to chem wash the air-con (last service done on march) to prevent leakage. Then after that every 3 month must service 1 time .... i already don't know should I believe him or not ....

Bro, from what I've heard is that chemical wash is to clean up blower units that have not been maintained consistently over a long period of time. From what I heard from my air-cond man is that chemical washing shouldn't be done too often as well. As for water collection at the blower tray, I believe it's due to the blower placement that doesn't align it properly to drain it out.

Good luck!

hey bro,

any idea where i can get the carbon filters suitable for mitsubishi electric air con?

thank you

Maybe you can try using carbon filters to cancel off the smell.

Switch to fan only mode without the cooling mode for awhile before you totally turn off the blower unit.

Hope this helps ;)

cheers :drunk:

another air con question.

My panasonic system 2 aircon is about 1 year old. The one in the baby's room is used everyday, and it started dripping recently, and wasn't cooling the room properly. Got the aircon man to service, but the problem came back after 3 months. Got him to service the second time about a month ago, but the air con isn't cooling the room properly again, and we have to turn the temp down to 20 degrees before the room is cooled! And I can smell smoke/dust in the room every time i turn on the aircon.

What's the problem? Must change coolant, or must do chemical wash? My condensers directly face the entrance to the carpark, so is that why the aircon/condenser gets dirty so quickly? Do i have to clean the condensers?