Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jtcp82

Full Speed Ahead!

Did you tell the contractor before that you are replacing them?

If you did, then it should be alright.

If not, it's possible that they took it so that they can resell for some money.. Some people like to test the limit, take first and hope the customer say nvm as it is troublesome to install back. :curse:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Renovation day 1

Went down just now to take at a look at their progress. I must admit they are quite fast, took some photos of their progress

Picture of the kitchen. They have hacked away the cabinets and tiles.

IMG_2172.jpg

They have finished hacking the ground floor toilet too.

IMG_2173.jpg

Second floor common toilet floor tiles hacked.

IMG_2180.jpg

Build in wardrobe removed

IMG_2182.jpg

Skirtings for living room removed.

IMG_2185.jpg

Tomorrow will be taking half day off to select tiles. Contractor will continue with the hacking of the two toilets on second floor and start plastering tommorrow. Hope they will keep up with this kind of speed.

Did you tell the contractor before that you are replacing them?

If you did, then it should be alright.

If not, it's possible that they took it so that they can resell for some money.. Some people like to test the limit, take first and hope the customer say nvm as it is troublesome to install back. :curse:

No, I did not mention anything that I will replace them. Today they gave me a shock again. I have told them on Saturday not to touch the sewing machine that was left by the previous owner, and once again they have taken it away. I am so furious with them and they keep giving the excuse that is not worth much money. :curse: Hate it that I cannot do anything to them, regretted that I do not have a formal contract with them. Well it is a good lesson learnt. Please have a binding contract even though they might be your friend or relative, don be in my situation where you cannot do anything even the contractor is at fault. :( Hopefully, nothing will go wrong with my renovation.

Renovation Day 2

They have completed all the hacking and will be removing the debris today. Have went down to select the kitcchen and toilets tiles yesterday. Total damage was 4K but the contractor say will have further discount of about $500 somemore plus my manhattan card with 5% cash rebate. Total savings is about $700. :D They will be doing plastering today and the tiles will be delivered today. Hmm, tonight have to go down and take a look.

Oh yah, the contractor says my downstairs neighbour complaint about leackage from their ceiling but the contractor reassured me that after they have done the waterproofing will be okay. They will rectify the problem if the leaking still persists. My question is if there is a need for rectification, do the owner have to pay or the contractor will bear the cost?

Renovation Day 7

Have purchased lightings and ceiling fan last weekend. Total damage $3288 after much bargaining. Didnt know lights were so expensive. :( For renovation works, some how their progress has slow down tremendously, nothing much was done. They have only tiled partial of the master bedroom toilet, today they will continue to tile the kitchen and the rest of the toilets.

For the ceiling light at the staircase and the roller blinds for the balcony, scafolding will have to be build for the work. Thought of leveraging on scalfolding that my contractors might build for plastering and rewiring. To my shock, the contractor told me that they do not need to build scafold to plaster and rewire the staircase area, it is so high I wonder how they going to do it.

The contractor has given us some brohure to select our main door, toilet doors and gate. All the design is ugly and with limited choice. I think I will look for design I like and ask them to source it for me. Will update the status of their tiling tommorrow.

Renovation Day 7

Have purchased lightings and ceiling fan last weekend. Total damage $3288 after much bargaining. Didnt know lights were so expensive. :( For renovation works, some how their progress has slow down tremendously, nothing much was done. They have only tiled partial of the master bedroom toilet, today they will continue to tile the kitchen and the rest of the toilets.

For the ceiling light at the staircase and the roller blinds for the balcony, scafolding will have to be build for the work. Thought of leveraging on scalfolding that my contractors might build for plastering and rewiring. To my shock, the contractor told me that they do not need to build scafold to plaster and rewire the staircase area, it is so high I wonder how they going to do it.

The contractor has given us some brohure to select our main door, toilet doors and gate. All the design is ugly and with limited choice. I think I will look for design I like and ask them to source it for me. Will update the status of their tiling tommorrow.

Wow how many lights did you buy?

For my staircase area, the only rewiring was to mid point, so i doubt they got scafolding. But considering you're going to plaster, I think they would need it?

Wow how many lights did you buy?

For my staircase area, the only rewiring was to mid point, so i doubt they got scafolding. But considering you're going to plaster, I think they would need it?

11 lights and 3 ceiling fans. Quite exp hor. Lights alone already about 1.7k.

I am going to fix one light at the staircase area, those drop lights. The supplier said they will need scalfolding to install. I managed to force my contractor to put the scalfolding. Hee hee.

Hows your new place coming along? Moved in already?

Edited by jtcp82

11 lights and 3 ceiling fans. Quite exp hor. Lights alone already about 1.7k.

I am going to fix one light at the staircase area, those drop lights. The supplier said they will need scalfolding to install. I managed to force my contractor to put the scalfolding. Hee hee.

Hows your new place coming along? Moved in already?

Haha I think ur ceiling fans cost quite a bit le. My lights also around the same price, but I didn't get any ceiling fans.

My place carpentry is ongoing, requested to HO on 21st but just now heard that aircon installation is going to be delayed as they are too packed. Dunno if can meet the HO date then. Sigh.

Haha I think ur ceiling fans cost quite a bit le. My lights also around the same price, but I didn't get any ceiling fans.

My place carpentry is ongoing, requested to HO on 21st but just now heard that aircon installation is going to be delayed as they are too packed. Dunno if can meet the HO date then. Sigh.

Yah my ceiling fans cost a lot. Living room and dining room ceiling fan about 500 each.

Oh you started your capentry works already ah. I am still waiting for my tiling to be completed before the carpernter come take actual measurements. I guess due to the weather, everyone is buying aircon. :D Aircon installation will probably only take a day, should be okay I guess.

Yah my ceiling fans cost a lot. Living room and dining room ceiling fan about 500 each.

Oh you started your capentry works already ah. I am still waiting for my tiling to be completed before the carpernter come take actual measurements. I guess due to the weather, everyone is buying aircon. :D Aircon installation will probably only take a day, should be okay I guess.

Yep, the carpentry was up pretty fast actually, couple of days only and most of the things are up, left with the countertops when I went down yday.

Lol. Ya the weather has been very hot, probably flooded with orders the shop. Checked with my contractor, he said shouldn't affect the HO day too much, so hopefully can shift in by end of this month.

Pics please when your ceiling fans are up! :P

Yep, the carpentry was up pretty fast actually, couple of days only and most of the things are up, left with the countertops when I went down yday.

Lol. Ya the weather has been very hot, probably flooded with orders the shop. Checked with my contractor, he said shouldn't affect the HO day too much, so hopefully can shift in by end of this month.

Pics please when your ceiling fans are up! :P

Mind sharing your capentry pics?

No problem. But the ceiling fans will only be up two weeks later I guess. Now the tiling is taking ages, the tiler said they will complete by next Wed. I guess for now is wait and wait andd wait. zz

Edited by jtcp82

wow...serious...? thats so ex...designer fans? got pics to share? :)

Hmm never took pictures when I purchase, the living room looks like typical ceiling leh. But it has five light bulbs and is remote control.

For my dining area one, it look like this.

sunflower.jpg

Renovation day 14

80% of the tiles for kitchen and toilets are done. The tiler told me will complete on Wed. Here are thier progress so far.

Kitchen

For kitchen, left a few floor tiles. probably will complete on Mon.

IMG_2245.jpg

Ground toilet

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

Master toilet

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg