Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prissie

Can Mirror Face The Main Door?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
May be my words appeared to be too "harsh" & deviated from my intention, I apologise. Precisely, "comfort" is the key to a place where ones stay.

Previously, I've shared my encounter in one of vietnamn's hotels, where a mirror fixed directly opposite the bedhead, woke up mid-night with half-waken mind & saw "someone" in the mirror with messy hair, can imagine the situation?

What I do not really understand, over these years & up to this point of time, is how the NESW has bearing to the environments and thus the effect on human body, especially the placing of objects. Just my wish someone here can share & enlighten on this, besides the weather & climate changes due to earth rotation & its axes is tilted at 23.5 deg, revolves on an elliptical obit around the sun.

I strongly believed FS's "5-element" concept (but not the directional portion, i considered it as "myth"). My understanding of "mirror", in term of 5-element concept, it should be treated as "neutral", thought under most situations it is "fire". To elaborate, if mirror faces (side or directly) a pool of water & reflect it house, it will bring "Water" element(Qi) to house (distance, size of mirror/pool vary the intensity). If it reflects bright light, it brings "fire" element (Qi) to house, if it reflect tall, upward tress, will bring "Wood" element(Qi). If a mirror itself is tall & narrow, or triangular upwards, itself constitutes some "wood" element. However, most of the time, mirror reflects light at 180 deg, it is usually classified as "Fire".

Hi bepgof,

I have an article with regards to Bagua and how it is related to the direction. Of cos in FS there are also lots of myths that I personally don believe in, for eg placing bagua at the main door to reflect anything bad. :dunno: Anyway, the link is below.

http://www.feng-shui-institute.org/trigrams.htm

Hi bepgof,

I have an article with regards to Bagua and how it is related to the direction. Of cos in FS there are also lots of myths that I personally don believe in, for eg placing bagua at the main door to reflect anything bad. :dunno: Anyway, the link is below.

http://www.feng-shui-institute.org/trigrams.htm

Oh! thank for the web site, I understand the bagua, I've read "I-cheng" also. I understand the lunar calendar methodology - use moon as reference, 12 month a year & every 60 years one repeat the whole cycle. I understand during Jun 21/22 or Lunar's 7th month, Earth is the most further distance away from Sun (longer day, shorter night), but received maximum "radiation" of sunlight at northern Semisphere, but can't "digest" or can't find any "convincing" theory of assigning "direction" to the 5-element.

Note: I'm electrical/electronic trained, a baptised christian in 2002, the one and the only family members among 9, believed in One God. I'm married with 2 children, aged 15 & 13 (boy & girl)

Edited by bepgof

Yah probably you will need a compass to know where the mirror is facing :) . But do be careful not to face any "poison arrow" in the house like sharp corners.

Hi Jtcp82,

Actually, 易经 talks about 天,地,God, Ghost, 卦,凶,吉, never mentioned about feng shui.

Edited by bepgof

Hi Jtcp82,

Actually, 易经 talks about 天,地,God, Ghost, 卦,凶,吉, never mentioned about feng shui.

易经 explains ba gua. Not sure about god and ghost, but according to my shallow knowledge about 易经 is that it explains how the universe is form and how it functions. So Feng Shui makes use of this knowledge and see how it could help oneself.

易经 explains ba gua. Not sure about god and ghost, but according to my shallow knowledge about 易经 is that it explains how the universe is form and how it functions. So Feng Shui makes use of this knowledge and see how it could help oneself.

Ancient scholars made study of I-ching a must, & kind of "face" & "pride" of "knowing" this. I-Ching is hard-to-understand, I wonder who can really complete read & understand what is writen there. The most common phrase extract from I-ching reads ".. 太极生两仪,两仪生四象,四象生八卦...."八卦 become 64 挂,then 128

This is the same 2 to the power of "n", just a kind of mathermatical expression!

Correct, Yin-Yang, bagua, all from I-ching.

I roughtly has the idea how the "directional" factors were incorporated into bagua & 5-element, is by sheng hup school of thought

Edited by bepgof

Ancient scholars made study of I-ching a must, & kind of "face" & "pride" of "knowing" this. I-Ching is hard-to-understand, I wonder who can really complete read & understand what is writen there. The most common phrase extract from I-ching reads ".. 太极生两仪,两仪生四象,四象生八卦...."八卦 become 64 挂,then 128

This is the same 2 to the power of "n", just a kind of mathermatical expression!

Correct, Yin-Yang, bagua, all from I-ching.

I roughtly has the idea how the "directional" factors were incorporated into bagua & 5-element, is by sheng hup school of thought

The 乾 and 坤 is just like binary 1 and 0, so who says binary is invented westerner. Chinese has already invented binary thousand years ago. :D

The 乾 and 坤 is just like binary 1 and 0, so who says binary is invented westerner. Chinese has already invented binary thousand years ago. :D

Explosive, magnet (later become luopan)!, paper....

The German scienctist who invented binary system also linked 001,010,011,100,101,111,000 to first book of bible where God takes 6 days to create the universe and the 7th days is for rest! Human is very creative indeed.

Edited by bepgof

yes, very upset...buy thing also not smooth. stupid 3rm flat.

aiyo... u think smooth, then things will become smooth..

u think not smooth.. things will become not smooth..

yes, very upset...buy thing also not smooth. stupid 3rm flat.

Positive and happy mindset will change the "qi" ard u and make u feel better and things will change to a better position.

Mirror i think cannot place anywhere you like. but depends, some master heck care the theory. To me as long as things smooth can ler. Actually there are many type of poison arrow. So many sharp pointing object esp hdb now built so close to one another.