Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prissie

Can Mirror Face The Main Door?

When I first shifted to my matrimonial flat many years ago, I mounted my dressing mirror on a panel of wall outside the toilet.

My FSM who came for the audit 10 yrs ago told me to bring it down & relocate it to another position. Nobody would want to magnify the bad energy that flows out of the toilet. Instead, after looking @ his luopan, he got us to mount a picture of a flower blooming & leave the toilet door open. I got the picture fr IKEA @ $20...

When i look @ the mirror in the toilet, I see the reflection of the pink wall with a huge pink flower blooming... Not sure if that was why we strike lottery during those days & i even boarded a bus, chose a seat by luck with $300 worth of $50-notes, folded in quarters... obviously somebody dropped it from the pockets probabbly sewn at the back of their pants.

It sounds dramatic but this was what happened to us. On another day, my hubby's car was sent for maintenance repair & he took bus 145... guess what? he was going to sit on a seat at the double deck when he found $$ again... We got really scared with such encounters that we decided to donate the $$ - we heard that u win some & lose in another manner.

But we had new issues - because the toilet is always wet, our clothes & my branded handbags got very mouldy in the wardrobe :unsure: So we kept the toilet door close all the time for many years ... and thereafter until today, my hubby said his 4D #s will also miss the target. But with the tight travelling schedule, he had stopped buying already.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
MY 2 cents worth about mirrors.

In Feng Shui, mirror is a water element. Do not place the mirror facing South, because thats the direction of the Fire element. Water is bad with fire. Mirror facing South-east, East and North is good. East for health, South-East for wealth and North for career.

Mirror doubles what they see and therefore it should face your dining table, scenic view from windows, jewellery or any object that you want to have more.

For example, reflecting dining table means you will have a lot of food.

Do not place mirror in your bedroom as it will duplicate your relations. It might happen that other person will appear in your life or your partners. If you already have such mirror in your bedroom, then try to close or cover it when you sleep, or place it in such a way, so that it won’t reflect your bed.

Do not hang a mirror opposite your entrance door as energy enters your house through the doors and windows, by placing mirrors facing front door will reflect good energy that is coming into your house.

Do not place mirrors reflecting toilet or bathroom. In this places, the energy flows out and the mirror will duplicates what it sees. Of cos you will agree with me that there will not be any good energy coming out from there. And therefore you will double of what is flowing out.

Mirrors on the toilet and bathroom doors is okay as it will help to hide bad energy that is located in toilet and bathroom. But you should place the mirror on the backside of the door.

This is quite a old thread, i planning to place a mirror in the dining room facing West, will there be any problem?

My common toilet's mirror faces south and faces fridge in my kitchen.

No wonder the amount of junk food I am eating everyday is increasing as the day goes by hahaha. My waist line is also increasing as the day goes by.

MY 2 cents worth about mirrors.

In Feng Shui, mirror is a water element. Do not place the mirror facing South, because thats the direction of the Fire element. Water is bad with fire. Mirror facing South-east, East and North is good. East for health, South-East for wealth and North for career.

Mirror doubles what they see and therefore it should face your dining table, scenic view from windows, jewellery or any object that you want to have more.

For example, reflecting dining table means you will have a lot of food.

Do not place mirror in your bedroom as it will duplicate your relations. It might happen that other person will appear in your life or your partners. If you already have such mirror in your bedroom, then try to close or cover it when you sleep, or place it in such a way, so that it won’t reflect your bed.

Do not hang a mirror opposite your entrance door as energy enters your house through the doors and windows, by placing mirrors facing front door will reflect good energy that is coming into your house.

Do not place mirrors reflecting toilet or bathroom. In this places, the energy flows out and the mirror will duplicates what it sees. Of cos you will agree with me that there will not be any good energy coming out from there. And therefore you will double of what is flowing out.

Mirrors on the toilet and bathroom doors is okay as it will help to hide bad energy that is located in toilet and bathroom. But you should place the mirror on the backside of the door.

While i was reading this, i felt abit of... weridness?

I dunno if it was a coincidence or what.. but here's my story about the mirror thing.

When i was first with my ex bf, he was a nice guy and never had a history with cheating or anything like that. We were good for 1 yr, until i shifted into an empty room in my house. because of the angles of the room, i had to place my mirror facing the bed. and our legs when we sleep will face the door.

2 weeks after shifting, i realized that my bf became very werid and also very suspicious. It was the first time ive ever noticed this behaviour in him. And ive known him for 8 yrs. we were good friends before we became a couple.

Then i found out that he was cheating on me 2 week after we shifted rooms, that means he has been cheating on me for about 1 week.

Confronted him and he stoppped. A few months later, he cheated on me again with another girl. this time i found out too late. he already cheated on me for a few months. Even his mom was surprised that he was doing such things because it was very out of his character.

So i somehow think maybe fengshui was involved? I also feel that the position of the bed and everything played a part in the whole diseaster for the 2 yrs i stayed in that room.

The toilet was above my head when im sleeping on the bed, my feet was facing the door, when u open the door, it will face my sister's room. and after shifting, i suddenly have very bad relationship with my sisters. Beside my door was another toilet. i was effectively surrounded by toilets. -.-"

my luck suddenly became very bad.

all this seemed to go away after we shifted house.

While i was reading this, i felt abit of... weridness?

I dunno if it was a coincidence or what.. but here's my story about the mirror thing.

When i was first with my ex bf, he was a nice guy and never had a history with cheating or anything like that. We were good for 1 yr, until i shifted into an empty room in my house. because of the angles of the room, i had to place my mirror facing the bed. and our legs when we sleep will face the door.

2 weeks after shifting, i realized that my bf became very werid and also very suspicious. It was the first time ive ever noticed this behaviour in him. And ive known him for 8 yrs. we were good friends before we became a couple.

Then i found out that he was cheating on me 2 week after we shifted rooms, that means he has been cheating on me for about 1 week.

Confronted him and he stoppped. A few months later, he cheated on me again with another girl. this time i found out too late. he already cheated on me for a few months. Even his mom was surprised that he was doing such things because it was very out of his character.

So i somehow think maybe fengshui was involved? I also feel that the position of the bed and everything played a part in the whole diseaster for the 2 yrs i stayed in that room.

The toilet was above my head when im sleeping on the bed, my feet was facing the door, when u open the door, it will face my sister's room. and after shifting, i suddenly have very bad relationship with my sisters. Beside my door was another toilet. i was effectively surrounded by toilets. -.-"

my luck suddenly became very bad.

all this seemed to go away after we shifted house.

My friend have the similar story as yours. She placed a mirror facing the bed and some more with the ceiling fan like mirror, so you can see yourself on the bed too. The husband has been cheating ever since they moved into new place. She never realized this till something big incident happened later on. The husband has been cheating for more than 8 years. Sighs! I m still wondering whether all this due to feng shui or people change over the times....or this is just her fate...

Hi,

not sure if anyone is still active in here, but i have few question to ask. We have engage fsm sometime ago, and it happened that our tv console wall is our finance area known as cai wei, and i'm thinking of placing mirror that faces the tv console. Is it alright to do that? Anyway, when i asked the fsm that i would like to place some mirror in the living room, fsm says its fine, we can put it anywhere we like.

For our mbr, when we lie on the bed, our feet will be facing the toilet entrance. Initially, we wanted to built a long partition wall, but now we like to just built a partition wall ju7st enough to cover the toilet. Is it fine to do that?

thanks!

Hi all the experts, need all your advice. I just brought a resale flat.

1) when I'm standing at my main door looking into my unit, I saw my dinning table, is it fine?

2) my neighbour main door are face to face with my main door and they had place a round mirror with a writing brush (毛笔) and a 幅 on top of their main door. I don't really like the feeling as I can see myself when I'm standing at my doorway looking into the mirror. Can u suggest what should I do. Orl any one have good recommendation of FS master that don't change so high.

Edited by FriendUnited

1) Absolutely not right. Dining area is one of the area at home to collect wealth. Fengshui believe if your dining table is facing main door directly, it may cause some obstacle in your career. While some believe the 'qi' coming from main door when crash with the 'qi' at dining area, it might cause family member travel more frequently overseas, hard to get together for meal.

2)I don't think the mirror is mean to point at you. Try not to be bothered about it.

1) when I'm standing at my main door looking into my unit, I saw my dinning table, is it fine?

2) my neighbour main door are face to face with my main door and they had place a round mirror with a writing brush (毛笔) and a 幅 on top of their main door. I don't really like the feeling as I can see myself when I'm standing at my doorway looking into the mirror. Can u suggest what should I do. Orl any one have good recommendation of FS master that don't change so high.

Hi,

1) absolutely no problem. Dining table has no feng shui effect. In fact, all the furniture has no effect on your house's feng

shui. Also, dining room location has no feng shui effect.

The external environment and the location of your main door together accounts for 75% of the feng shui. Location of

kitchen and bedroom being the remaining 25%.

2) The purpose of a mirror is to reflect light so that you can comb your hair. A mirror being placed with a writing brush is

an infusion of Taoism into feng shui and has no basis at all. It will not affect your fortune. Don't be upset or

uncomfortable with this.

It's not so easy for anyone to sabotage your feng shui as your fortune on earth is decided by your own bazi chart. The feng

shui of your house just decide on fast you make your next million or how much hardship you have to go through to make your

next.