Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tabogal

Silver Star Home Renovation

Just engage Silver star today, but couldn't find any reviews about them...

Anyone had heard anything about this co. or ever had any reno done by them??

TIA!! :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just engage Silver star today, but couldn't find any reviews about them...

Anyone had heard anything about this co. or ever had any reno done by them??

TIA!! :D

Silver star - is it the same company as Home Sweet Home's Lina?

Silver star - is it the same company as Home Sweet Home's Lina?

That I'm not sure. How do I find out if they are the same company?

Yeah, they are the same

Ic... but mine is not lina, it's a guy named ah hua...

he's overall a nice person, but i find him quite blur... haha...

Hmm .. But you have alreadie signed the contract with them alreadie ?

You can do a ACRA search on the company and see who are the business owners and compare it with the other company ...

Did you ask for project references ?

Ic... but mine is not lina, it's a guy named ah hua...

he's overall a nice person, but i find him quite blur... haha...

Hmm .. But you have alreadie signed the contract with them alreadie ?

You can do a ACRA search on the company and see who are the business owners and compare it with the other company ...

Did you ask for project references ?

Yeah, signed & started already...

oh... thx for enlightening me! din thot of that.. haha...

he did show us a few photographs for 2 kitchen he did previously..

looks ok & the price he quoted was acceptable so we just engage him...

is their price cheap?? im search for someone to renovate my place, can pm me their numbers

his price is not that ex.. at least that's what we think... but service wise, not that fantastic...

but if u would like him to give u a quote, let me know, i pm u his num..

After a month of reno work, it's finally done....

Feedback abt this contractor is that, STAY AWAY!!!

Really bad... Regretted badly...

Wouldn't want to do into great details, cuz it's really long to type...

In summary, the contractor is slow in his work, u gotta push him to get his ppl to come & he won't monitor whatever the workers are doing, and if the end result is bad, he'll only say "it's like tt", thinking that we don't know anything...

And he initially said the whole reno is gonna take 2 weeks only, but he drag it till a month! Giving tonnes of excuses! And in between, there were many days of silence until we push him to start work again!

Also, he'll always go back on his words. Today he'll promise you something, tomorrow he'll say he did not say that. And when you can prove to him that he did said that, he'll say it a MISUNDERSTANDING!!!

As our contractor, he should accomodate our timing as we are still living in the house, but it's the other way round! We have to wait for him, do things on days that he can make it & if he wants us to buy something, we have to buy it immediately!!

For things that he can do himself, it's all easy work, but the end result would be sloppy work! One example, Our sink's pipe leak immediately after he left & when we engage professionals, they say he actually fix the pipe the WRONG DIRECTION!

And in between the renovation period, many other unhappiness occurs, but shall not mention too much here....

At the end of the renovation, time for payment! Of course we deducted his money cuz we're really unhappy with a lot of things, even showed him where are all the areas but he wasn't happy abt it ( i mean who will) & actually wanna pick a fight!!!

After hours of unfriendly talk, we finally settled with a final amount, and he wrote everything on the receipt clearly & we thot everything was settled.

But no! That's not the end. Every few other days, he'll call & harass us saying we still owe him money! He's still trying his luck! No way are we gonna pay him! We've already agreed on the last day of reno., both parties agreed & even had black & white written & voice recording done!

And just today, he came up to my house again, demanding for payment! This time round, I really cannot take it anymore, so i took a video recording! If anything happens to my house, I shall go to the police & sue him for harassment...

Therefore, to avoid such problems with this contractor, pls do not consider him even thou he can quote you lower than other contractors.... You pay for what you get... And in fact, he isn't that cheap to begin with, @ least for our case!!

The worksmanship isn't that fantastic either... Only less than a month, my kitchen cabinet already start having sound when you open & close it & the doors couldn't be closed completely....

All in all, avoid this contractor @ all cost! FYI, he's now going around Tampines area actively as there is upgrading work going on in that area & HDB contractors actually recommend him to us!!! Do not trust!! Some neighbours that engaged him also complaint that his work is really bad & he'll only "appear" when he wants money!

Anyone who wants to view his true face can PM me for his photo!

wow .. so bad. A name would be good. Or maybe you can PM me the person's name if possible?

Hi ngunadi, i've PM you the details...

But for all to know, this contractor is a one-man show, and he addresses himself as "Ah Hua" or "Mr Lee".

Hi ngunadi, i've PM you the details...

But for all to know, this contractor is a one-man show, and he addresses himself as "Ah Hua" or "Mr Lee".

Hi tabogal, can pm me the detail ? My brother intend to engage them. We know the registered holder's name is Lee Keng Hwa. Thanks.

Hi tabogal, can pm me the detail ? My brother intend to engage them. We know the registered holder's name is Lee Keng Hwa. Thanks.

PMed you..

Prob u can warn ur brother about him & maybe reconsider other contractors...

• Thanks 1