Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dbkungfu

Any Recommendation For Solar Flim

Can someone help me also, would like to know wat r the things to look out for when getting window film, tot of using window film when my lovenest comes along...

afraid to be taken for a ride. Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello all

I had solar film (V-kool) installed in my living room maybe about 5 years back... and I'm sad to say that it hardly made any difference and the living room is still as hot as ever. My windows are pretty massive so I thought it would reduce the heat significantly, but no.

I think the money can be put to better use... I'd advise everyone not to install solar film in their homes.

Edited by january

Hello all

I had solar film (V-kool) installed in my living room maybe about 5 years back... and I'm sad to say that it hardly made any difference and the living room is still as hot as ever. My windows are pretty massive so I thought it would reduce the heat significantly, but no.

I think the money can be put to better use... I'd advise everyone not to install solar film in their homes.

Installed the film in the vehicle but can't feel any difference. I guess the advantage of having a film is that it can pull the glass together, should there be a breakage.

Installed the film in the vehicle but can't feel any difference. I guess the advantage of having a film is that it can pull the glass together, should there be a breakage.

Whether for house or for car, solar film blockage function to sun's radiation heat is neglegible, unless is for whole piece of glass from floor to ceiling type (who will install solar film, might as well get curtain which is movable).

House - heat absorbed during day releases through walls/bricks at night. Solar firm can "block" limited amount of radiation heat from sun into the room/hall during day time and provided the windows are "closed". Solar film = dark color, affect your your view from house to outside, so why take trouble to put this film?

Car - Heat absorbed by metallic body, not only through windows!

So unless you use solar film to cover up the whole car (externally) or cover up the external part of your house , then it make sense to use solar film to reduce heat.

Edited by bepgof