Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

S & C At Amk

I got to know about S&C Furniture thru this posting...so glad I did...I went down after visiting Star Furniture & a couple of neighbourhood furniture shops...I must say his prices are very competitive and he really knows his products well...even if he is not sure, he will make a call straight away to find out for u with no complaints of troublesome...bcoz of his positive attitude & good pricing, we ended up buying all my furnitures from him (abt $6k worth)...now awaiting for delivery in end Sept... =)

A few notes to share...they don't have much display so it's good to visit more showrooms then visit his shop to view the catalogues...he can custom-make sofa which I find is a great service...I can choose the length, 2/3/4 seater, kind of arm rest, height, with or without L-shape...I've been looking hard for normal sofa as my area in front of TV console is narrow so I can't have L-shaped sofa...nowadays L-shaped is IN so very few designs for normal type...so glad I found it eventually...I even called him once about prayer altar and he was nice enough to call me back after checking the price & even mms me the picture in catalogue...SWEE!

Btw, his shop moved to #01-1667 liao...got a scare when I can't find his shop on my first visit...heng I found his contact after googling...after all, this posting is more than 2 years old! =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i have bought furniture from S&C, and they do not last at all. quality is extremely inferior. my leather bed started peeling and mouldy within 3 months. one of the leg of the dining table fell off within 6 months, followed by another 2 legs within 1 year. the dining chairs also came in inconsistent colours, meaning colour was off for some.

In the end, i had to spend more money to replace these short-lived furniture.

Not recommended at all, at all, at all.

Go to Hommage instead of S & C.... It is so much better.... pricelike about the same... hommage got a wider display and the boss is much more frdly....

i have bought furniture from S&C, and they do not last at all. quality is extremely inferior. my leather bed started peeling and mouldy within 3 months. one of the leg of the dining table fell off within 6 months, followed by another 2 legs within 1 year. the dining chairs also came in inconsistent colours, meaning colour was off for some.

In the end, i had to spend more money to replace these short-lived furniture.

Not recommended at all, at all, at all.

Go to Hommage instead of S & C.... It is so much better.... pricelike about the same... hommage got a wider display and the boss is much more frdly....

Hi, may i know hommage operation time?

I bought from S&C too and the furniture quality was there.. Anyway did you feedback to the boss regarding this problems? I'm sure that the boss will do his best to fix your problems...

Edited by Coolstorybro

I also had a poor experience with S&C furniture.

Bought a drawer bed from them for my toddler and my mum. But in only 1 month, all 4 wheels of bottom bed broke down. So I called up Melvin to explained the damage and mentioned that I may not have kept the receipt but provided the purchase and delivery dates for his reference. He said he will send his guys to fix it and asked for photos to see the damage, so I SMS the photos to him. After that I didn't hear back from him, so next day I called him up again and enquired politely. He again said he will arrange for his guys to come over and fix it. I said "thank you" and trust that he will get back to me.

That was 2 weeks ago and unfortunately also the last time I heard from him. I don't like chasing others to do their job. If he's not bothered then I'll find my own solution. So I went out on a weekend to buy the replacement wheels (better quality ones) and changed them myself. Problem fixed.

Needless to say I'm very disappointed with S&C furniture. While I can accept inferior quality product for the cheaper price paid, I think there's no excuse for a business not to even try when there's a chance to fix the situation. It just seems like he's simply not bothered. I should've just bought the bed from Ikea, at least there's assurance of aftersales support.

So for those of you who values aftersales service, you may want to take my experience into consideration.

Below are the photos of the damaged wheels

Castor_Wheels_01.jpg

Castor_Wheels_02.jpg