Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boringal

Why Like That?

I just went to see my reno again today.. to my shock..

I found that the water pipe in my toilet is half "submerged" into my wall tiles!?

Is this correct??

I mean water pipes are supposed to be a standalone pipe by itself right? I remember seeing da pipe at the original state and even in da valuation report that the original pipe is not "merged" into the wall tiles.. I dont understand why mine is like that?

Can someone also advise what plastering means?

when i went back to c da plastering condition.. seems that I still see alot of lumps on the wall.. are they suppose to make it flat? plastering is to cover cracks and holes???

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
do you have any pic to show?

i was so unhappy and was talking to my reno contractor on da phone till i forget to take pic and left.. zzzzzz

I just went to see my reno again today.. to my shock..

I found that the water pipe in my toilet is half "submerged" into my wall tiles!?

Is this correct??

I mean water pipes are supposed to be a standalone pipe by itself right? I remember seeing da pipe at the original state and even in da valuation report that the original pipe is not "merged" into the wall tiles.. I dont understand why mine is like that?

Can someone also advise what plastering means?

when i went back to c da plastering condition.. seems that I still see alot of lumps on the wall.. are they suppose to make it flat? plastering is to cover cracks and holes???

So what did the contractor told u on the piping? Plastering is to smoothen the walls, not to make it level or flat unless the previous condition of the walls are already flat. And also its doesn't mean that doing plastering that the walls won't crack again too.

Wah don't look right to me.... what the solution???

Cheers;-)

Wall not verticle. Make something to cover the blue pipe will do.

Edited by bepgof

is it overlay for your wall tiles?

is actually after hack n cement screed.. plus laying of da tiles.. den become like dat?

prob is below is ok.. on top is zzzzzzz :(

not sure about wall pipes, but according to my research it's normal to bury as much of floor piping in the ground. this way the floor doesn't need to be elevated as much.

how does the finished work look?

Wall not verticle. Make something to cover the blue pipe will do.

yeah, either it's the wall or more likely the pipe is not verticle. But it's not thaaaaaat bad actually. If the pipe is totally outside, it would be held be "holders", and that will actually make it protrude more out of the wall, more intruding IMHO.