Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reno145

Racks For Storeroom

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My family have been using Ikea GORM for more than 10 years, no problem. Buy, bring home, fix it up, can use straight away. For my current GORM, I put some of my leftover floor tiles at the bottom tier to create a stable base.

Never like those industrial type metal racks.

@ngunadi, do you have any idea how heavy 50kg is? It is 50kg PER shelf... not the whole thing.

I don't know if this is a Singaporean thing.... as everyone that saw the GORM rack will SURE to ask the same question.... can withstand heavy stuff or not.... and when I ask...... what's the HEAVIEST item they have that they would store on the rack..... VACUUM CLEANER..... bloody niamah!

Like I mentioned earlier in a thread, easy or hard depends on whether one is a DIYer or has done this before.

Eg. To an investor, it is EASY to identify which share(s) to invest in.... to me..... it's a BLANK wall!

Coming back to the IKEA rack.... just follow the instructions, and throw in a little common sense :) Happy 'screwing'

Cheap? Not really - the ready made ones from other companies are much cheaper, as they produce in bulk.

On the other hand, u get to mix and match what you want... let's see what's my damage....

8 units - 77x31cm shelf @ $9 = $72

1 unit - 77x31cm bottle rack @ $12 = $12

7 units - 50x31cm shelf @ $7 = $49

3 pairs - 110cm post @ $6 = $18

3 pairs - 59cm extension post @ $5 = $15

3 pairs - end caps @ $1.50 = $4.50

Total damage = $170.50 !! (wow - I didn't know before... just keep adding the parts till I get what I had in the end)

(I painted everything white before installation - leftover paint from reno)

For neat stacking, I use boxes (wife's shoe boxes take up nearly 1/4 of the storage space) and Ikea's Samla plastic containers (39x28x14cm - $4 each and 28x20x14cm - $2 each) Lid (if required) is $2 and $1 each respectively.

hi lotus

based on the items you used, wat is the final dimension of yr rack?

i found this shop and was one of the cheapest when during my search for bombshelter rack. functional and no frills as installation all inclusive.

Universal General Trading - no frills Boltless Rack with good mdf boards. ard 6ft and 4 levels - 180SGD / 67481358 and 97434877

Tip: Can tell them how much you need off the ground, for easy vacuuming etc.

i found this shop and was one of the cheapest when during my search for bombshelter rack. functional and no frills as installation all inclusive.

Universal General Trading - no frills Boltless Rack with good mdf boards. ard 6ft and 4 levels - 180SGD / 67481358 and 97434877

thanks...will call them to check

hi

where is this shop located?

thannks

@ngunadi, do you have any idea how heavy 50kg is? It is 50kg PER shelf... not the whole thing.

I don't know if this is a Singaporean thing.... as everyone that saw the GORM rack will SURE to ask the same question.... can withstand heavy stuff or not.... and when I ask...... what's the HEAVIEST item they have that they would store on the rack..... VACUUM CLEANER..... bloody niamah!

Haha ... true

Usually my heavy stuff are:

- Books

- Audio CD (with complete packaging), leaving them in store room after rip them to mp3.

I saw your quotation of your racks. Where did you get it from? Mind give me to contacts and also any pics of your racks?

yes, you are right.. they don't.... i used it to put my materials for my craft hobby, which isn't heavy at all.. then when i moved house, a slight knock by my mover only and the whole thing collapsed... imagine you stacked them all up, and one day they decide to give way......... so consider again hor. the joinings not good.

True ... I will consider that one. I prefer wood than metal racks also :)

er wont' wood attract termites?

issit ideal to go for max load per shelf? i saw somewhere on this topic there's 1 type can take 100kg per shelf. another thing, issit better to have (lockable) wheels for shelf or no?

yes, you are right.. they don't.... i used it to put my materials for my craft hobby, which isn't heavy at all.. then when i moved house, a slight knock by my mover only and the whole thing collapsed... imagine you stacked them all up, and one day they decide to give way......... so consider again hor. the joinings not good.

Yah, this is the Antonius range. It warps after a while and if you hit it, all the drawers come crashing down!! Don't buy...

Yah, this is the Antonius range. It warps after a while and if you hit it, all the drawers come crashing down!! Don't buy...

wow! never expect this