Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
velv

Keep Existing Air-con Piping

Went over to new house to look at the air-cons again. As we had conceal piping with the exisiting Daikin systems 4 piping.

We like to remain using back the current piping to our new Mitsubishi System 4.

The seller confirmed that there are no leakage in the aircon piping.

If not .. we had to hack away the cornices in order to install the new aircon. Our hacking is on Wednesday so we need to look into this fast.

Will be asking the aircon contractor to come have a look asap..

Need advise whether the outdoor units piping are alright?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

airconpage3.jpg

airconpage4.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I should think that air con ducts are something that are consdiered "high maintenance" in the long run. to conceal it where you cannot easily replace it will mean hacking and dust int he future.

but then again, you are using a mitsubishi starmex which is already high energy saving so there is almost no reason to upgrade.

when I bought my first aircon system 4, 3 years later I had to change cos of poor coldness, some unknown refrigerant leaks somewhere. and I changed over to a starmex, so that involved taking out the old piping altogether.

furtheremore, even now, some parts of the aircon trunking experience cold spots , which leads to condensation, I sohuld think you would not want condensation in your cornice which may lead to it collapsing.

Most purchase comes with installation of piping. Better to replace them, I can see that the current model is at least 10 years liao. If don't want old pipe just cut off and and touch up cornices. New trunking and drainage pipe can still be install outside.

By the way, pls get rid of that PINK colour :)