Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Samie

1st Time Flat Owner

Dear all, newbie here... .. .

need advice on reno as i'm gonna get my new hdb 4rm flat soon...

have no clue which ID to engaged and what are the things i should take note of... .. .

could somebody advice me?

Thanks!

Edited by Samie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the most most impt advice is not to get an unlicensed or small time contractor...u may save a few k but the nightmare is months...i was one and as lately as last mth, my fren also kena...

stick to the big reputable ones...

the most most impt advice is not to get an unlicensed or small time contractor...u may save a few k but the nightmare is months...i was one and as lately as last mth, my fren also kena...

stick to the big reputable ones...

hi eiffel76,

thank ya for your FAST reply.

i have gone to a small ID at TPY, Home Sucess @Bt Timah & Darwin Interior @Bendemeer to get quotation...

so far out the 3, Darwin Interior gives me a better feel... .. .

but i'm not sure how should i know whether which ID is a good one to go for... .. .

worry about the $$$ too, let's say if they quoted around $23,000 will they add here and there along the way?

Thanks,

Samie

hi eiffel76,

thank ya for your FAST reply.

i have gone to a small ID at TPY, Home Sucess @Bt Timah & Darwin Interior @Bendemeer to get quotation...

so far out the 3, Darwin Interior gives me a better feel... .. .

but i'm not sure how should i know whether which ID is a good one to go for... .. .

worry about the $$$ too, let's say if they quoted around $23,000 will they add here and there along the way?

Thanks,

Samie

My advise:

Get the contractor to breakdown the items as details as possible, not "lumpsum", so can have a better picture & allow you room for "bargain",

1. flooring/wall tiles - material varies, best to quote a range, $$A-$$B psf.

2. Cabinets/wallrobe - psf - material varies a lot. ABS is expensive, ply wood is cheap, solid-wood expensive....

3. Lighting/power pt/sw/scv/tel - single gang/double gang, brand, make, all vary. Ask contractor to put down the brand/mark if possible.

4. Painting - basecoat, 2 coats, 3 coats? ICI, dupont?Any enamel paint for pipes/door?

5. Sliding window is much cheaper than casement windows.

6. A 1-hr fire-retarded door can cost >1K.

7. PVC/folding door is cheap, "solid" wooden door is exp, glass/pp door in between, lock's price also varies..

Alway wise to standby contingency plan(~10%) (some $ put aside) for variation order, just in case. Hope above helps.

Edited by bepgof

My advise:

Get the contractor to breakdown the items as details as possible, not "lumpsum", so can have a better picture & allow you room for "bargain",

1. flooring/wall tiles - material varies, best to quote a range, $$A-$$B psf.

2. Cabinets/wallrobe - psf - material varies a lot. ABS is expensive, ply wood is cheap, solid-wood expensive....

3. Lighting/power pt/sw/scv/tel - single gang/double gang, brand, make, all vary. Ask contractor to put down the brand/mark if possible.

4. Painting - basecoat, 2 coats, 3 coats? ICI, dupont?Any enamel paint for pipes/door?

5. Sliding window is much cheaper than casement windows.

6. A 1-hr fire-retarded door can cost >1K.

7. PVC/folding door is cheap, "solid" wooden door is exp, glass/pp door in between, lock's price also varies..

Alway wise to standby contingency plan(~10%) (some $ put aside) for variation order, just in case. Hope above helps.

hi bepgof, that's very detailed... Thanks!

there are so many things to look into man....

hopefully i dont missed out any of those...

btw, any good ID to Recommend?

CHEERS

Samie

hi bepgof, that's very detailed... Thanks!

there are so many things to look into man....

hopefully i dont missed out any of those...

btw, any good ID to Recommend?

CHEERS

Samie

Hi,

may be u can share the quote u get from the ID to let the bro n sis here to give their comment.

It might help.

Cheers!

i've visited over 30 IDs before deciding on my current 1. the more ids u visit. u sorta gain more experience into things you should look out for. also u also get a better view of the average pricing of items. it is unavoidable to have costs incurring during the course of the renovation but the things bepgof pointed out will help you minimise that.

most importantly, earmark a few IDs you feel comfortable with and ask to view their current projects. go there and see their customer-ID relationship and also the workmanship and material quality.

i've visited over 30 IDs before deciding on my current 1. the more ids u visit. u sorta gain more experience into things you should look out for. also u also get a better view of the average pricing of items. it is unavoidable to have costs incurring during the course of the renovation but the things bepgof pointed out will help you minimise that.

most importantly, earmark a few IDs you feel comfortable with and ask to view their current projects. go there and see their customer-ID relationship and also the workmanship and material quality.

You have high chance being black-marked by IDs company, if you are sure you want to follow this step, DO NOT provide real home address.

You have high chance being black-marked by IDs company, if you are sure you want to follow this step, DO NOT provide real home address.

oh. thats prob why some id dun wanna reply to me. :(

hi guys,

thanks for all the valuable advice.

i have just decided on iBridge Rhiss Design Pte Ltd.

here's my take on this ID i have chosen...

Hey all,

i have finally found an ID that we like... at least it's not contractor style or just going thru the motion only.

She's a lady and she's very proactive and gives good ideas and not afraid of offending ya by telling ya your idea might not be good as usually alot of them just do what ya want to please ya.

She's sensitive to details such as having an old folk at home, kids and dog at home, she'll advice according to your lifestyle as well.

Most importantly she listens to us and propose great ideas for us to consider and the overall service satisfaction level is there. She's quite efficient as well. Prior to this ID, i have also gotton a lot of quotes and the price is around there also...

She even came over to our hse for the 1st meeting as it's more convenient for us to discuss at home as my 15mths rascal is a tough nut to crack when going out...

Overall, price is pretty good and we like her service attitude and ideas... .. !

Our appointed ID is Matty from iBridge Rhiss Design Pte Ltd.

She has been with iBridge since the beginning till now... .. .

If ya keen to get a quote from her, call her at 93386203...

Tell her ya recommended by Sam from 2D and she'll give ya a good price for the neighbours of Geylang Serai...

Our list of confirmed stuffs:

ID: iBridge Rhiss Design Pte Ltd

Parquet: Jason Parquet

Aircon: Mit E Inverter Sys 3 (from Best Tech, best price so far)

Fridge: Fisher&Paykel (Gain City)

Washer: Fisher&Paykel-Front load (Gain City)

LCD TV: Samsung 40" C550 (Gain City)

Edited by Samie

hi eiffel76,

i'm probably not the samie ya noe in the ROC forum as i'm not sure what forum is that...

i'm more active at this forum

CHEERS!

www.samie.me

hi Samie, its a watch forum...u both hv the exact same name :)

anyw nothing impt....good luck for your reno..