Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

The Cave

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
If only I could make something like this

I wish I could make this..or if my contractor could... ;)

haha, i doubt contractor would even attempt...they would most likely ask u to do full height cabinet with sliding doors!

this one looks tough...gotta drill a hole big enough for the pipe through the wood...maybe have to modify the design a bit.

found any place selling those pipes? i had been busy the past week, this weekend shall continue to search for those pipes.. :)

haha, i doubt contractor would even attempt...they would most likely ask u to do full height cabinet with sliding doors!

this one looks tough...gotta drill a hole big enough for the pipe through the wood...maybe have to modify the design a bit.

found any place selling those pipes? i had been busy the past week, this weekend shall continue to search for those pipes.. :)

I was walking past Jln Besar, Lavender, Paya Lebar area and didn't see those pipes either...:-(

HDB permit received! Hacking begins next Wed!

:) congrats!

how come not starting on monday? haha...

the start of a busy renovation process... :)

ikea sale like not very exciting leh...just bought a few small items only...

:) congrats!

how come not starting on monday? haha...

the start of a busy renovation process... :)

ikea sale like not very exciting leh...just bought a few small items only...

Dunno why not starting on Mon.. but as long as they start hacking next week, who cares? :thumbs up:

The big items seldom on sale lah.. But my lights were cheaper by $20 (from $45 to $25), so I'm happy!

Bought the Grundtal s/s rack even though not on offer. Will leave it unopened till the end of Ikea sale. If the racks go on sale, I will exchange it and buy those on sale. :notti:

Also bought the bedspread, 4 cushions, 3 sets of organizers, 1 cable mgmt thing

If only I could make something like this

I wish I could make this..or if my contractor could... ;)

Hi Curryqueen,

Those look like pole system to me. I think you can easily find them from those companies doing pole/ wardrobe system, e.g. alumix, ximula, osph, closet design.

But personally I don't like the design of that pic cause not very useful to keep stuff and easily collect dust.

Hi Curryqueen,

Those look like pole system to me. I think you can easily find them from those companies doing pole/ wardrobe system, e.g. alumix, ximula, osph, closet design.

But personally I don't like the design of that pic cause not very useful to keep stuff and easily collect dust.

It looks similar to the pole system but is made of conduit pipes. I like the industrial look of it. Most of the poles in these wardrobe systems are flat and silver. Ikea's Stolmen poles are round, but too chunky.

I know it collects dust, but think how cool it is if you use it as a bookshelves with the cabinet to throw all the barang-barang in!

Edited by curryqueen

My daybed from Hock Siong came yesterday! They couldn't keep it for me any longer, so I had it delivered. It's 2.5 ft by 6ft, abt the same size as a single bed. I bought the 2 cushions on the daybed as well..The mattress is still nice & firm, but will probably need to get professional cleaning for the upholstery though.. I will be using it as my sofa.

CIMG0153DesktopResolution.jpg

Love the legs on the daybed :wub:

CIMG0157DesktopResolution.jpg

It's about the same length as my common bedrm windows

CIMG0156DesktopResolution2.jpg

I have no idea how the workers will be working around the daybed when they start hacking though.

Finally took a picture of the pergo laminate I will be using.. Vintage Venezian

CIMG0159DesktopResolution2.jpg

Edited by curryqueen

Went to Balestier to choose my tiles. LSH was just too crowded and they didn't have anyone to serve me, so after a while, I left and went over to Hafary.

MBR loo was straight forward..

CIMG0161DesktopResolution.jpg

I didn't want any feature tiles there. Just something clean and simple that I won't grow tired of.

It's the kitchen toilet that I'm having a headache as I wanted a whole wall as a feature since it's so tiny. The 2 other walls will be a plain ordinary white glossy tiles.

(a)I like the grid pattern of this tile as a feature wall. Don't think it will accumulate much dirt btw the grid since it will be at the dry area.

CIMG0162DesktopResolution.jpg

(b) But I also like the shiny, shimmery effect of this tile

CIMG0164DesktopResolution.jpg

Of coz, the ideal would be to use the shimmery tile as a flr tile, like this

CIMG0165DesktopResolution.jpg

but I can't because its not a 30x30 cm tile (Smaller tiles are needed for toilet floors so that the tiler can do the slope to the drainage hole.

I may change the flr tile of the common toilet to another type of black tile..something not so rough so that it's easier to clean and less likely to accumulate soap scum.. but the general look will be this.

So what do you think? (a) or (b)?

hi... the laminate from pergo looks the same as my master bedroom...but ours is robina.. :)

Take pic of your MBR leh... I only saw the white plank laminate in your LVR like Ossify's.

CIMG0156DesktopResolution2.jpg

I have no idea how the workers will be working around the daybed when they start hacking though.

ur daybed will be there when they start hacking? best to wrap more protective layers around the legs to prevent any scratching!