Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

The Cave

Thanks all!

The TV will be in the common bedroom. LVR will have dining set, my bks and shoes.

Yes, Gimz, they are still doing works to the place.Footprints of EVERYONE there. Most of the workers take their shoes off before coming in, so not so bad. I figured I'd put Pergo to the test and see if it's really scratch resistant... :D

Mosquito screens for the MBR and kitchen were up today. Almost invisible and you can't really see them.

Grilles are coming in this Sat.. hope it turns out ok.. I've got no eyes to see liao. Going to F.A. was a mistake!! Should have stuck with City Aluminium. It's not as if F.A. was cheap either.. Need to say gd bye to my lovely ungrilled windows soon.. :(

Wrt to the kitchen walls, I had originally wanted to paint the kitchen window wall orange. After the first coat of orange, i shuddered. I wanted it to be bright and cheerful but didn't expect it to be so LOUD. So I changed it to Heritage (which I think was the only colour that could cover the colour). It's not bad, but I think I should have left the walls in Barely White.

I love the Barely White colour from Dulux.. It's white with a tinge of grey. Not obvious until you place while and Barely White side to side and see the diff. Wall colours were definitely :good:

Have started packing..so far 10 boxes of bks, 1 box of CD/VCD (that's after removing them from their jewel cases), 3 boxes of kitchen things (my mum happily giving me her tupperware, plates, pots and dishes that I've brought with me fr HK,etc) and I'm onto my clothes. I find it really hard to give up my clothes..I know I should be ruthless and just put clothes I've not worn in a year in the"give away" box, but it's just so hard!!

hi Curryqueen

saw that you installed mosquito screen for your bedroom windows...can u share with me where you got them from? my friend is intending to install this but dunno where to find them.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry, have not be updating for a rather long time.

I moved yesterday, but the reno is still not fully completed. By move, I meant moving my barang-barang. Am still staying at my parent's place for now. Thank God that they are only 1 street away!

Can come back, shower, eat and sleep.

What's not done yet:

1) Doors to CBR and MBR - there were defects in the polycarbonate and I asked them to send it back

2) Tempered glass backsplash and shower screen for MBR

3) Rectify wardrobe horizontal bar support (see pic below - how can use this to support the whole horizontal bar with clothes?!)

CIMG0249DesktopResolution.jpg

4) Storeroom door knob: He gave me a normal round one instead of a flushed knob (not gd to have protruding things along passageway)

5) Toilet cover, accessories not up yet.

6) Cleaning not done yet.

Was tempted to delay my move another wk since everything was not done - but got no more leave already and I was sick of looking at all the boxes in my parent's place, so I decided to just go for it. Managed to clear 50 boxes in 1 day, so quite happy.

Anyway, on to some pics!

Realised my window grilles are quite similar to Lilthfiend's:

CIMG0246DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0252DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0253DesktopResolution.jpgCIMG0254DesktopResolution.jpg

The kitchen cement floor was a disaster- patchy, brown splotches because of the cardboard used to cover it, etc, etc. I thought the cement floor would have the void deck look - but it didn't turn out like that at all! So I had to epoxy paint it.

Yes, yes - I know all the disadvantages of epoxy paint, but sediment paint would be too expensive and unnecessary for now. So here's how the kitchen flr looks now:

CIMG0263DesktopResolution.jpg

As you can see, I added 2 extra T5 tubes above the countertop to make it brighter.

CIMG0262DesktopResolution.jpg

Stainless Steel countertop is in

CIMG0261DesktopResolution.jpg

MBR basin - have yet to put shelves at the recess area. The recess area is an odd size, so hard to have off-the-rack shelves

The space btw the wall and basin is for me to place a rod to hang hand towel and towel to clean the basin.

CIMG0264DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0266DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0267DesktopResolution.jpg

LVR cabinets

CIMG0256DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0259DesktopResolution.jpg

and finally..something I've waited 25 years to obtain...

hey babe, good to see works are almost finally over for you! i love that lamp from hock siong. how come when i was there i don't see such swee stuff?! how much did you get it for?

sorry to hear about your cement floors not working out..what a pity you had to epoxy over it! and yes, those grilles do look familiar.. :lol:

woah i have been waiting for your updates... :P

those are brown walls..>? look goldenish... :) nice...

u put epoxy in kitchen....never choose black ah... :P

no worries about doing sediment flooring later...it takes like 1 or 2 days... :)

Hello Curryqueen,

Looks like everything is almost in shape to move in liaoz.

Congrats of your new home and new pet Puck ;)

Your beautiful prego flooring should be able to withstand her claws.

Is that prego family?

Glad you like your flooring :D

Pergo is very good for scratch resistance, but not against a drill bit that is attached to a hammer drill :( Can see the damage done at my Tampines tblog.

Your grills and gates are beautiful. Totally agree that it beats the previous tick-tac-toe heads down.

Did you changed your grills for the whole house or just the corridor areas only? Mind sharing how much and where you paid for them? :)

Realised my window grilles are quite similar to Lilthfiend's:

CIMG0246DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0252DesktopResolution.jpg

Nice sliding door, is it costly? :unsure:

CIMG0255DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0238DesktopResolution.jpg

nice, nice. happy for you.

@Lilithfiend:

I got the lamp for less than $300. I had originally wanted to return it because I wanted to hang my bird cages up until I saw that it was an original. (Thought it was those Taiwan replicas), then I refused to part with it. I asked the electrician to take down the bird cages which he painstakingly placed for me and put this up. They didn't know how to install it at first as there was no instruction manual, then work here, work there and ta-da!

You should join H.S. on FB. They post the latest goodies online - but must be fast, coz several 100s also seeing the same updates :)

@Gimz:

Yah, all brown walls! Think rich, dark,creamy, choc - it's goldish coz all my lights warm lights except kitchen and loos. Doesn't it make you feel as if you are swimming in chocolate lava cake? Yum.. :D

@defuxto: Yes, it's Pergo family Vintage Venezian. Got it from Floor Xpert, Ossify's contact. :D

Thanks for the compliments on the grilles and gates. I like them very much too! But the company so-so niah. Company is

F & A Aluminum Works,contact person is Henry. IF you do choose that company, PLEASE email design, indicate when you want to install and ask them to make allowance for laminate flooring. MUST BE IN B&W. Don't think that he write in his book he will remember! Everything EMAIL. Then should be ok. You can read my earlier posts on my frustration with F&A because I did not email them my requirements.

Grilles only for corridor area. Kitchen and MBR I used magnetic insect screen. I used powder-coated mild steel instead of wrought iron to get the non-bumpy look. Wanted to get aluminum originally, but decided not to since it's corridor area.

The prices of everything is in a file somewhere. But I remember it's not cheap. Will pm you when I can get to the file.

The fridge, WM, bed and display cabinet came in today. My old King Koil mattress is so thick, it looks really funny on the bed. I did a customized platform for my old place for the mattress previously.

Tmrw, all outstanding works should be over. Will sneak the cat over to my mum's place so that it won't be stressed out with all the works.

For all those who have yet to move in, Daiso and Ikea will be your 2 best friends as you begin the move. :D

outstanding works not completed! :curse: Workers came at 4pm. How to finish?! Wasted 1.5 days of leave waiting for them, Monday also never come!

Yesterday, the tempered glass people came at 7.30pm and only left around 9.45pm.

The stainless steel countertop was slightly uneven (like 1cm or so in certain places), so they can't fit the glass backsplash in. The poor workers had to remove the s/s and wood panel above the tempered glass before they can fit the glass in.

The carpenters are coming on Sat to complete...

I won't recommend Ho Bee's carpenter (Long-ge). If anyone wants to use Ho Bee as contractor, please outsource your carpentry work. How can you make shelves that are not aligned?! That should be the most basic thing!

Wetworks, painter, tiler all ok - just not carpenter..

On a side note, my blinds are up and my doors are finally done! Will post pics up when I find my camera :P

Edited by curryqueen

Hi Curryqueen,

Nice reno done for ur hse!! Like ur lvr cabinets, good idea to stretch it all the wall on one side of the LVR wall

btw just out of curiosity.... u loved cooking/eating curry too?