Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

The Cave

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The one at the top is about 6 mths old and the black and white is 4 mths.. cute hor?

Both are purring machines - just pick them up and they purr..

Super cute la! I love kitties.

the MBR loo - I covered the entrance with a lacey curtain

CIMG0316320x200.jpg

CIMG0317320x200.jpg

Love these 2 photos... reminds me of some scene from Wong kar Wai's movie "In the mood for love". Can imagine Maggie Cheung in her beautiful cheong sam, sitting forlonly on the chair by the window with a cigarette in hand and staring aimlessly at the lacey curtain. Next scene, Maggie putting on her red lipstick in front of the (wonderfully retro) oval mirror. Classic!

Hello curryqueen

Love the entire concept for your house. Must be enjoying the fruits of your labour now. Relaxing in the tv room...drinking coffee and dozing off...lol.

Sent you a PM regarding the grilles. And cement screed. I wonder how my final product will look tooo..

Hello curryqueen

Love the entire concept for your house. Must be enjoying the fruits of your labour now. Relaxing in the tv room...drinking coffee and dozing off...lol.

Sent you a PM regarding the grilles. And cement screed. I wonder how my final product will look tooo..

thanks all for the compliments - Yes, I am really glad that the dust has settled and I don't have to stress over the reno anymore. Can relax now...

Lynn3ralla, have pm-ed you. :P

Quite a number of you have pm-ed me about my grilles and asked for the contact.

The contact is Henry from F&A Aluminium. Hp is 9845 9339. Just tell him you got his contact fr the lady at Sgn Ave 3 who did the 2 inch grilles.

My grilles & gate are powder-coated mild steel.

BUT I WARN EVERYONE FIRST, READ MY EARLIER POSTS ABOUT MY STRESS WITH HIM. So if you do get him to do your gates and grilles, do so with your EYES WIDE OPEN.

thanks all for the compliments - Yes, I am really glad that the dust has settled and I don't have to stress over the reno anymore. Can relax now...

Lynn3ralla, have pm-ed you. :P

Quite a number of you have pm-ed me about my grilles and asked for the contact.

The contact is Henry from F&A Aluminium. Hp is 9845 9339. Just tell him you got his contact fr the lady at Sgn Ave 3 who did the 2 inch grilles.

My grilles & gate are powder-coated mild steel.

BUT I WARN EVERYONE FIRST, READ MY EARLIER POSTS ABOUT MY STRESS WITH HIM. So if you do get him to do your gates and grilles, do so with your EYES WIDE OPEN.

haha, i oso have problems with my grille supplier.... :P

Moving Furniture

After staying in your place for a while, the original furniture placement will sort of change as you start actually LIVING and using the place.. you'd find that "oh, I need a chair here", "I need a side table there." I had that with my TV room/BDRM2.

The original furniture placement had the sofa bed under the windows with the TV console at right-angle with the sofa. This would allow people in the LVR to watch TV as well...But the placement gave me a horrible crick in the neck after a while..

CIMG0336320x200.jpg

So I moved the furniture around (by myself.. Thank God for furniture sliders!). I shifted the sofabed to where the TV console originally was and the TV console directly opp the sofabed, in front of the sliding dr. To hide the TV cables, I placed my ottoman under the windows.

CIMG0401320x200.jpg

CIMG0402320x200.jpg

This was actually perfect, however the ottoman that I moved from the LVR into the TV rm made the LVR really bare and left me with no place to sit to wear my shoes or place my handbag.I tried using the dining chairs as my "shoe chair", but it didn't quite work.

So after a month, I moved the ottoman back and placed an armchair under the window instead.

CIMG0405320x200.jpg

I'm still trying this placement out. The armchair is really comfortable ,but seems a little too big for the space. But getting an itty-bitty armchair just would't be functional, just pretty.. which is not what I want at all.

What do you guys think?

Moving Furniture

After staying in your place for a while, the original furniture placement will sort of change as you start actually LIVING and using the place.. you'd find that "oh, I need a chair here", "I need a side table there." I had that with my TV room/BDRM2.

The original furniture placement had the sofa bed under the windows with the TV console at right-angle with the sofa. This would allow people in the LVR to watch TV as well...But the placement gave me a horrible crick in the neck after a while..

CIMG0336320x200.jpg

So I moved the furniture around (by myself.. Thank God for furniture sliders!). I shifted the sofabed to where the TV console originally was and the TV console directly opp the sofabed, in front of the sliding dr. To hide the TV cables, I placed my ottoman under the windows.

CIMG0401320x200.jpg

CIMG0402320x200.jpg

This was actually perfect, however the ottoman that I moved from the LVR into the TV rm made the LVR really bare and left me with no place to sit to wear my shoes or place my handbag.I tried using the dining chairs as my "shoe chair", but it didn't quite work.

So after a month, I moved the ottoman back and placed an armchair under the window instead.

CIMG0405320x200.jpg

I'm still trying this placement out. The armchair is really comfortable ,but seems a little too big for the space. But getting an itty-bitty armchair just would't be functional, just pretty.. which is not what I want at all.

What do you guys think?

heya, your furnitures looks familiar! you got it from hock siong? really nice..

heya, your furnitures looks familiar! you got it from hock siong? really nice..

Yah.. the sofa bed, side table, armchair & lamp. :D H.S really does have nice stuff tho it disappears really fast.

Moving Furniture

CIMG0336320x200.jpg

CIMG0401320x200.jpg

CIMG0402320x200.jpg

CIMG0405320x200.jpg

What do you guys think?

how did you manage to shift your TV and electrical points to the opposite side of the room? :o

Yah.. the sofa bed, side table, armchair & lamp. :D H.S really does have nice stuff tho it disappears really fast.

oh yah, and where did you get your furniture sliders? how much? Thnx! ;)

how did you manage to shift your TV and electrical points to the opposite side of the room? :o

I had powerpoints on 3 corners of the room. But the TV cable was a bit of an issue. Had to get a longer one so that it can reach the other end of the room.

The furniture sliders can be gotten from anywhere.. NTUC, neighbourhood shops, Home-fix. Looks like theseFurniture Sliders.

Sliders cost less than $10.

Edited by curryqueen

lol i saw your sofa featured on Hock Siong's FB page previously

very nice :good: