Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
masterninja

Kitchen Worktop

I just got quoted about $4500 for about 40 ft run of Cresto (white) solid surface by my ID. Wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions:

1) Should I go for a different material eg natural stone eg granite or marble?

2) what prices should I expect?

2) if the price is right, should I remove this item from the list and get a separate contractor to do just the top? Would this cause any problems?

Appreciate anyone's advice. Thanks

Granite for the win! last longer but no variaties in colour

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i'm inclined towards siletsone, but the price is too exorbitant. the better brands of solid top and granite cost are comparable.

for me, i'm likely to choose granite top. the shine on granite top is beautiful (of course proper care is required).

i'm inclined towards siletsone, but the price is too exorbitant. the better brands of solid top and granite cost are comparable.

for me, i'm likely to choose granite top. the shine on granite top is beautiful (of course proper care is required).

At first I wanted to used granite for my kitchen counter top and bath room, recently I came across some article on

Granite and Radon Radiation in the internet - dun know how true.

But I got worry as I have baby at home and thinking of using quatz or silestone.

But cost is $200 to $250 per foot run for pure white, too ex.

No choice, going back to soild surface.

Since solid surface is less stain resistance but cheaper, I told me ID to design in such a way that I can change my new solid surface

table top every five yrs - worst case....

i think my carpenter quote me cresto ard $70-$75 pfr.. solid surface need take care if you choose a dark color lar, will scratch. quality wise ok

abit regret, should have opt for granite top though..

if your table top length not too long, the diff between solid surface and granite top is not alot. if you are a heavy user, granite still a better option, "my opinion" only

I just got quoted about $4500 for about 40 ft run of Cresto (white) solid surface by my ID. Wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions:

2) if the price is right, should I remove this item from the list and get a separate contractor to do just the top? Would this cause any problems?

Wow u must be very rich for the ID to quote u this amount. Either u stay in landed or private property.

Hi Jaskel

can I bring the topic back to original question for the expert, ie if separate contractor does cabinet and granite top, will there be any major issues?what to look out for in the coordination etc? thanks

I intend to install a black granite worktop. For color matching, i am thinking lighter color for top cabinets and darker color for low cabinets. Can anyone suggest what colors are safer choice in these combination.

Thanks.

Guest airstriker

I handle projects in many condo locally, specialize in Kitchen and Wardrobe.

Answer to:

1) Granite and marble have joint lines. Both materials sometimes warp resulting uneven. Most importantly, tonality different.

2) Market rate: $50 per foot run, per "L" plus 1 foot (normal condition). $4,500 too high. Your should be around $3000 max.

3) Yes. The only problem is that there miss that "FISH". Ha

Email me (remove) your plan and I can advise you further.

Guest airstriker
I intend to install a black granite worktop. For color matching, i am thinking lighter color for top cabinets and darker color for low cabinets. Can anyone suggest what colors are safer choice in these combination.

Thanks.

Since you have decided on black granite top. White for bottom cabinets and darker for high cabinets would be advisable considering the bottom cabinet will stand out with the different colors.

LG/Samsung should be going for around 90/pfr. So for 40 ft you should only be paying 3600. It might be more expensive if you have an integrated sink.

If you can afford it, go for caesarstone or silstone. beautiful material. 100% non-porous so easy to maintain. can last you for a lifetime.

What Number can i egt LG sales Man ... Cheers

anyone use Bellus solid surface before? it's cheaper because it's not branded like LG... couldn't get any useful hits on the forum so thought i post a question. was able to locate their website though (http://www.bellus.com.sg/).

officially signed contract with id so busy picking out materials.

I handle projects in many condo locally, specialize in Kitchen and Wardrobe.

Answer to:

1) Granite and marble have joint lines. Both materials sometimes warp resulting uneven. Most importantly, tonality different.

2) Market rate: $50 per foot run, per "L" plus 1 foot (normal condition). $4,500 too high. Your should be around $3000 max.

3) Yes. The only problem is that there miss that "FISH". Ha

Email me (remove) your plan and I can advise you further.

Hi, I've contacted Ocean Granites. They have quoted me $85/pfr for the counter tops and $112.5/pfr for my island/worktop with hole cut out for sink. Does that mean that they are actually not the supplier?

Guest airstriker

1) Stick with soild surface. Lesser problem.

2) $2500

3) The price is wrong. Remove it and get direct supplier to quote and install. Problem? Yes, the contractor earns lesser loh.

If you want the contact, pm me. or email at [remove]

Guest airstriker
any one here used a black solid surface kitchen top? care to share your experience about it? many thanks.

Avoid if you can.

Reasons:

1. Unavoidable white patch will appear within 1 year due to cleaning and scratches.

2. Scratches are visible if any.

Choose plain white or white with shiny spots. Beta choice. Some more can sand smooth if there is scratches over the years.