Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fz599

Our First Nest In The East

have started looking for other stuff like cooking appliances, utensils n etc.

of cos, kitchen n toilet fittings too.

there goes the wkend

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
gotten a scanteak dining set ytd, 1 table, 1 bench n 2 chairs

elements series

believe it shd match the modern resort theme n our sofa

Hi FZ!

Belated welcome to Renoblog. Hv u got any info on your modern resort theme yet?

I'm not sure if mine will classify as modern resort but I use a lot of wood and natural materials in my furniture and fittings.

I tried to marry resort with modern when I had wanted to get those modern looking metallic and plastic chairs with my solid wood table but my RT frens advised me to stick to the classic look, and I didn't regret it. But I dunno - mbe you'll be braver and try to pair a modern white minimalist sofa with solid teak coffee table, perhaps? :)

I see that you've already bought your dining set. If you're still looking for furniture or small furnishings, you can try out Natural Living. They hv a lot of nice resort-theme furniture there. Another good place for a look-see and inspiration is Zen Living.

Anyhow, do post more pictures of your reno story! Your place is super-convenient but I wonder if it will get too busy once everybody starts moving in?? I can imagine parking there is a nightmare. I once had lunch at the new market and had to wait in queue for nearly half an hour - not to buy food but to get out of the carpark!!

Hi FZ!

Belated welcome to Renoblog. Hv u got any info on your modern resort theme yet?

I'm not sure if mine will classify as modern resort but I use a lot of wood and natural materials in my furniture and fittings.

I tried to marry resort with modern when I had wanted to get those modern looking metallic and plastic chairs with my solid wood table but my RT frens advised me to stick to the classic look, and I didn't regret it. But I dunno - mbe you'll be braver and try to pair a modern white minimalist sofa with solid teak coffee table, perhaps? :)

I see that you've already bought your dining set. If you're still looking for furniture or small furnishings, you can try out Natural Living. They hv a lot of nice resort-theme furniture there. Another good place for a look-see and inspiration is Zen Living.

Anyhow, do post more pictures of your reno story! Your place is super-convenient but I wonder if it will get too busy once everybody starts moving in?? I can imagine parking there is a nightmare. I once had lunch at the new market and had to wait in queue for nearly half an hour - not to buy food but to get out of the carpark!!

hi umaisarah,

will be going thru ur blog for more ideas. thks for the recommendation too.

actually, i've already bought a brownish red sofa, as seen in my signature.

u r spot on the parking. it's really really bad

Edited by fz599

hi umaisaran,

will be going thru ur blog for more ideas. thks for the recommendation too.

actually, i've already bought a brownish red sofa, as seen in my signature.

u r spot on the parking. it's really really bad

Most areas around that area are red lots, so i think should not be too bad for residents? But this area is very easy to move around, with the mrt round the corner.

I have a teak wood kopi table vanished black and a minimalist black leather sofa. My dining set to match is also teak round table vanished black and a 8mm clear glass to hope to modernize it. :P .

BTW, there is a scanteak along joo chiat road too, the last few times i popped by they were having sale.

Most areas around that area are red lots, so i think should not be too bad for residents? But this area is very easy to move around, with the mrt round the corner.

I have a teak wood kopi table vanished black and a minimalist black leather sofa. My dining set to match is also teak round table vanished black and a 8mm clear glass to hope to modernize it. :P .

BTW, there is a scanteak along joo chiat road too, the last few times i popped by they were having sale.

actually, parking's really bad when the crowd is there... i gues even more so when hari raya is nearer. 'hope' hdb can tighten this.

we r attracted to the advertised black teak dining table but the condition is really undesirable. so we 'upgrade' to better one

<meaning another lobang in the pocket> i wld think scan***k shd be having sales every now n then cos their things r

pricey n maybe overpriced!! imagine the dining set cost 1335 n they import from indonesia. i dun mind paying 1335 or even

13350 if it's in rupiah.

actually, parking's really bad when the crowd is there... i gues even more so when hari raya is nearer. 'hope' hdb can tighten this.

we r attracted to the advertised black teak dining table but the condition is really undesirable. so we 'upgrade' to better one

<meaning another lobang in the pocket> i wld think scan***k shd be having sales every now n then cos their things r

pricey n maybe overpriced!! imagine the dining set cost 1335 n they import from indonesia. i dun mind paying 1335 or even

13350 if it's in rupiah.

During hari raya period, there will be parking attendants at public season carparks for residents jaga-ing. They are very strict and only season holders can go in to the carparks.

During hari raya period, there will be parking attendants at public season carparks for residents jaga-ing. They are very strict and only season holders can go in to the carparks.

heard from my neighbours dat they've inform hdb n dat hdb is starting the eps parking. hope this will help the situation.

now, we're planning wat style for our ktichen... also resort with wood-feel worktop? or modern like playing with bold colours?