Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sin77

Which Type Of Flooring Suitable For My Furniture?

I have 1 dark brown dining set (1.4m) with a black glass top and also a dark brown full leather sofa to be placed in a small living room with L-box. I am thinking whether to use light brown laminate floor (in IKEA they call it birch) or use white homogenous tiles. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I have 1 dark brown dining set (1.4m) with a black glass top and also a dark brown full leather sofa to be placed in a small living room with L-box. I am thinking whether to use light brown laminate floor (in IKEA they call it birch) or use white homogenous tiles. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Sounds like mine. I used white homogeneous tiles and reserved the brown laminate for master bed rooms or the other rooms.

Using a birch flooring (or a birch-style laminate) would create quite a Scandinavian feel to your home, especially if your walls are white, and the home would feel warm too. Using white homogeneous tile floors instead creates a more modern feel, but if your walls are also white, then it could get a little dull and cold.

birchfloor.jpg

Here's how your home could look something like with birch floors.

whitetiles.jpg

whitetiles2.jpg

What white tiles could look like.

Hope that helps. :)

hey gakuseisean, those are nice pictures. Thanks for showing us how it would turn out. Looking from your pictures, then birch would definitely seem more homey. As you mentioned, a lot will depend on the lighting and the wall colour then.