Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reno145

How Do You Keep Cockroaches And Other Insects Away From Your House?

Hi All,

I am new here. My resale flat also experiencing cockroaches.

How do you seal all holes & rubbish chute? Using plastic sheet/wrap?

Combat roach killer, where do you stick it?

Even my dressing table & wardrobe in bedroom also have 1 roach per day.

Put pandan leaves & Baygon roach killer baits last 4 days.

i also sealed all holes and gap, at night kitchen window close, buy comat roachcoach killer and till now no roachcoach. I also sealed dustbin chute.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am using this Serai Wangi - natural lemongrass concentrate for many years. Not bad... and I :good: the smell of lemongrass

Check out their website

seraiwangi.jpgimg2416ez.jpg

hey i am inclined to try this...

where can i get it?

I used to have the same problem to keep the insects out from my house for years. I have taken some measure and i would say now my house is almost insect free.

1. install roller mosquito net for my windows. For living rm n kitchen i do the whole panel and for bedrooms only 2 panel each coz most of the time we on aircon so dun need to open all the windows. To save cost i DIY my bathroom window with mosquito net bought from homefix . i just use masking tape to tape all the around it.

2. I change my rubbish chute to those magnet type ( i have search in the market 4 very long this is the only one tat gurantee tat no insect can crawl through when rubbish chute is close if not $ back) the rubbish chute is more ex then usual type. Or a cheaper way just tape the gap surround the rubbish chute. My old chute tat i used only for 2 years used to have baby roaches crawling out fr the gap n after i use tape i found those stuck to the tape.

3. I bought the door flap that u stick at the bottom of your main door fr DIY shop. The flap helps to keep out big lizards but baby lizard still able to make their way in so i used those lizards insecticide to spay ard my door.

4. i plug in those anti pest ... well i dun know wat is that call but it suppose to produce some sound that is not audible to human n pets tat make insects very uncomfortable to stay. it help to keep ants away from my kitchen.

I have used the above method n my house is somehow quite insect free but not 100%. i amstill looking for way to insect proof my main door, any idea ?

I have used the above method n my house is somehow quite insect free but not 100%. i amstill looking for way to insect proof my main door, any idea ?

if u're not adverse to cats, u can keep one and it'll keep the insect population at bay..roaches, lizards, flies, spiders they also kill!

I used to have the same problem to keep the insects out from my house for years. I have taken some measure and i would say now my house is almost insect free.

1. install roller mosquito net for my windows. For living rm n kitchen i do the whole panel and for bedrooms only 2 panel each coz most of the time we on aircon so dun need to open all the windows. To save cost i DIY my bathroom window with mosquito net bought from homefix . i just use masking tape to tape all the around it.

2. I change my rubbish chute to those magnet type ( i have search in the market 4 very long this is the only one tat gurantee tat no insect can crawl through when rubbish chute is close if not $ back) the rubbish chute is more ex then usual type. Or a cheaper way just tape the gap surround the rubbish chute. My old chute tat i used only for 2 years used to have baby roaches crawling out fr the gap n after i use tape i found those stuck to the tape.

3. I bought the door flap that u stick at the bottom of your main door fr DIY shop. The flap helps to keep out big lizards but baby lizard still able to make their way in so i used those lizards insecticide to spay ard my door.

4. i plug in those anti pest ... well i dun know wat is that call but it suppose to produce some sound that is not audible to human n pets tat make insects very uncomfortable to stay. it help to keep ants away from my kitchen.

hey thanx for all the info!

4. i plug in those anti pest ... well i dun know wat is that call but it suppose to produce some sound that is not audible to human n pets tat make insects very uncomfortable to stay. it help to keep ants away from my kitchen. E

Thanks for the info. Can you provide more details on the magnetic chute door? I have exactly the same baby roach issue and I'm looking to replace mine as well.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Can you provide more details on the magnetic chute door? I have exactly the same baby roach issue and I'm looking to replace mine as well.

Thanks

I think this should be the one:

www.streetdirectory.com/classifieds/singapore/home_services/domestic_help/maxden_manufactures_a_patented_airtight_rubbish_chute_hoppers

Nett price: $480/pc

very expensive....!!!!!

Use the baygon pellet type. can buy at NTUC and econ minimart etc.

The cockroach apparantly eats from the pellet and brings the poisen back to the nest. I once had a very bad case of infestion and used that. When spring cleaning i found a whole bunch all die together in one corner :)