Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
niceguylow

Advice For Budget Renovation

Hi all,

I'm looking forward to do a budget renovation on my 4A flat at Tampines - Kitchen, Toilet and Living hall

a)Master Bedroom Toilet

- Install Tempered glass shower screen

- Dismantle existing toilet accessories, w/c, basin

- Relocate Water heater piping

- Installation of w/c, basin, heater and accessories

- to build /fabricate vanity cabinet with mirror on master toilet

b) Common Toilet

c) Kitchen

- fabricate bottom kitchen cabinet with granite top

- Installation of kitchen accessories

- Dismantle existing bottom kitchen cabinet.

d) Living Hall

- Replastering wall in the living hall

- power point for fans in MBR

By the way, do you think it is possible to change the kitchen cabinet door instead of replacing all of them because i found that the frames are still in good condition.

Can you guys help to recommend contractors that are able to perform this budget renovation ?

Thanks alot guys.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I'm looking forward to do a budget renovation on my 4A flat at Tampines - Kitchen, Toilet and Living hall

a)Master Bedroom Toilet

b) Common Toilet

c) Kitchen

d) Living Hall

By the way, do you think it is possible to change the kitchen cabinet door instead of replacing all of them because i found that the frames are still in good condition.

Can you guys help to recommend contractors that are able to perform this budget renovation ?

Thanks alot guys.

bro what's bro budget for budget reno very subjective leh??? i can check with my contractor for quote.

Cheers;-)

Welcome to RT.

I also bought a flat in tampines.

It's a good idea to replaster the whole house. It usually costs 1.8 k- 2 k.

The installation of shower screen is around $500.

I'm not too sure about toilets because I let HDB upgrade my toilets to save costs.

Btw, how old is your flat?

bro what's bro budget for budget reno very subjective leh??? i can check with my contractor for quote.

Cheers;-)

Hi Ark7,

I'm budgeting all around 7k including all the accessories . Is it possible ?

Welcome to RT.

I also bought a flat in tampines.

It's a good idea to replaster the whole house. It usually costs 1.8 k- 2 k.

The installation of shower screen is around $500.

I'm not too sure about toilets because I let HDB upgrade my toilets to save costs.

Btw, how old is your flat?

Hi Belquek,

Thanks. My house already 13 years. I'm thinking of re plastering the living hall only (tight budget) since the wall left by the previous owner was "rough" as shown below:-

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/n...nt=IMG_0523.jpg

I hope to get a contractor that accept my tight budget... any recommendation ?

Thanks.

Hi Belquek,

Thanks. My house already 13 years. I'm thinking of re plastering the living hall only (tight budget) since the wall left by the previous owner was "rough" as shown below:-

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/n...nt=IMG_0523.jpg

I hope to get a contractor that accept my tight budget... any recommendation ?

Thanks.

initially I wanted to save costs by plastering one wall in living room.

Learnt from forum that it's not a gd idea for tampines flats.

7k is a bit tight to renovate two toilets & kitchen.

Usually comprehensive package costs more than 10k.

Contractor may not be cheaper than ID.

That's what I learn.

[a)Master Bedroom Toilet

To dismantle toilet accessories there will be a hole on the wall. Are you ok with just plaster the hole will do? This goes to relocate water heater pipings.

To dismantle W/C and basin that will required to hack away some of the surronding floor tiles and wall tiles. Do note that it you are using back the tiles will there still be stock available and also will the color be different?

b) Common Toilet

same as above

c) Kitchen

d) Living Hall

If the kitchen cabinet is in good conditions you may just change the outter layer skin will do. Ensure that the hinge of every door are not rusty.

For the concern as above 7K is indeed quite tight.

Hi all,

a)Master Bedroom Toilet

- Install Tempered glass shower screen - No glass, plastic, 3 ft x 3ft - $300

- Dismantle existing toilet accessories, w/c, basin - foc

- Relocate Water heater piping-$100

- Installation of w/c, basin, heater and accessories - $100, guesture

- to build /fabricate vanity cabinet with mirror on master toilet - how big? 1K~2K

b) Common Toilet

- Dismantle existing toilet accessories, w/c, basin - foc

- Installation of w/c, basin, heater and accessories - $100

- Relocate Water heater piping - $100

c) Kitchen

- fabricate bottom kitchen cabinet with granite top - glaxy black? 2K~3k, 15ft x 26 inch

- Installation of kitchen accessories - foc

- Dismantle existing bottom kitchen cabinet - $200

d) Living Hall

- Replastering wall in the living hall, 4rm?- $500

- power point for fans in MBR - 1, 2 gangs? $75-1 gang-cheap model

By the way, do you think it is possible to change the kitchen cabinet door instead of replacing all of them because i found that the frames are still in good condition. - hinges spoil already lah, must change all

Can you guys help to recommend contractors that are able to perform this budget renovation ? Get Baroque Design, speak to Ms Miko - pm u the contact.

Thanks alot guys.

See above for my close estimation, ID MUST see the actual site before quoting a reasonable, accurate, figures. If contractor can quote u, based on yr description, pls don't trust, figures can vary a lot, must specify the materials you want.

Edited by bepgof

See above for my close estimation, ID MUST see the actual site before quoting a reasonable, accurate, figures. If contractor can quote u, based on yr description, pls don't trust, figures can vary a lot, must specify the materials you want.

Experience contractor & ID are able to quote base on description, especially if only base on HDB flat, estimation can not be far unless your description were not clear.

Hi Guys,

thanks for the info. For safety wise, i'll invite the contractor to the house and give a firm quote because i'm tight of budget.

Do you mind sharing your contractor contact to me ?

Thanks.

Experience contractor & ID are able to quote base on description, especially if only base on HDB flat, estimation can not be far unless your description were not clear.

1. Homogeneous tiles for a 5A, hall, room, how much? How to quote? Must specific some price range, eg tiles price (<$2.5psf) then make sense.

2. Kitchen cabinet, 17 ft, how to quote? You don't know the L, T model, top & bottom?. Must have 4-eye meeting to discuss then make sense!-

3. Glass door??swing?, slide?one pc, top hung?,bottom slide? too many specificcations to narrow down! Must meet & discuss, if not, is a one-way "assumption" - waste both parties' time.

4. Many.....Carpentry works, too many laminate to choose, teak? Naytoh? Oak?Ramin? just too many. Unless one who doest know all these and let one part decides for him. Implying that deciding the price as well.

A good quote is, after meeting up or even site survey, with clear breakdown of material use, psf price, or even method used.... Not a "general" quote- wasting your time, and you are trying to compare prices for "something" which you do not really understand.

Edited by bepgof

1. Homogeneous tiles for a 5A, hall, room, how much? How to quote? Must specific some price range, eg tiles price (<$2.5psf) then make sense.

2. Kitchen cabinet, 17 ft, how to quote? You don't know the L, T model, top & bottom?. Must have 4-eye meeting to discuss then make sense!-

3. Glass door??swing?, slide?one pc, top hung?,bottom slide? too many specificcations to narrow down! Must meet & discuss, if not, is a one-way "assumption" - waste both parties' time.

4. Many.....Carpentry works, too many laminate to choose, teak? Naytoh? Oak?Ramin? just too many. Unless one who doest know all these and let one part decides for him. Implying that deciding the price as well.

A good quote is, after meeting up or even site survey, with clear breakdown of material use, psf price, or even method used.... Not a "general" quote- wasting your time, and you are trying to compare prices for "something" which you do not really understand.

There are wise price seeker whom asked wisely, & dumb price seeker whom asked dumbly.

There are wise price provider whom priced wisely, & dumb price provider whom priced dumbly.

Hope our friends out there be the wise one asking the right thing...

When seeking for the price for "an apple" online, wise seller should provide option price for both red apple & green apple.

When seeking for the price for "an apple" on the street, buyer should point on the apple intended to buy.

Hope the above help solving your QQ my dear.

There are wise price seeker whom asked wisely, & dumb price seeker whom asked dumbly.

There are wise price provider whom priced wisely, & dumb price provider whom priced dumbly.

Hope our friends out there be the wise one asking the right thing...

When seeking for the price for "an apple" online, wise seller should provide option price for both red apple & green apple.

When seeking for the price for "an apple" on the street, buyer should point on the apple intended to buy.

Hope the above help solving your QQ my dear.

So, are you in the dark side? my young Padawan...