Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ummee

My Northern Habitat

Currently wondering whether i should just let my electrician to fix the KDK fan (v56vk) or get another electrician from an authorised KDK shop. The electrician said that he knows how to fix it. Worry after reading that it may wobble if fixed wrongly. :unsure: Sigh...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ya..keeping the balcony tiles coz the previous owner apparently did the balcony only a year ago (i suspect it's to fetch a higher resale price). Other than the balcony, the marble flooring for the 1st level and the staircase, everything else had to be changed (heart pain coz at first look i tot can save a bit on reno after paying so much for the COV) :(

Hi,

I've gotten an EM @ Yishun too. Out of curiosity, hw much COV did u pay?

Quite high lah...34k (but this includes seller agent's fees as we bought direct from them. They were willing to 'forgo' their fees (1%) coz the seller changed mind on day of OTP (ST came out article that price of HDB flats are rising) and wanted more. So increase from initial 30K to 34K)

How much did u pay for yours?

Quite high lah...34k (but this includes seller agent's fees as we bought direct from them. They were willing to 'forgo' their fees (1%) coz the seller changed mind on day of OTP (ST came out article that price of HDB flats are rising) and wanted more. So increase from initial 30K to 34K)

How much did u pay for yours?

48k...

original condition

I was restricted as there was only 1 specific block (walkup) that I wanted so have been waiting for units for sale.

COV wise, I guess can't compare coz most importantly you've got what you wanted. Yeah... walkup EMs are hard to find, especially in Yishun. I reckon yours is at blk 2xx? Just commenting to my husband the other day that EMs like that will give a really private feel as you don't have to share a lift with anyone plus you have your own garden/lawn :)

Nice home you have! I like the bright yellow colour you have - makes one feel so energetic. :)

Hope you guys like the pics coz here's more:

IMG_1312.jpg

snapshot of the L-box with downlights

IMG_1313.jpg

My cheerful and bright living room wall :D

Thanks thanks!

I've been busy these 3 days.

Saturday - confirmed placement of bathroom accessories. Realised the shop delivered wrong washbasin for my kitchen toilet so have to change that. :bangwall: Showed my ID a few things I need him to rectify. He said no problem. Will get his men to do it asap.

I've been packing, packing and packing my stuff like crazy since yesterday. Hopefully everything is ok for my move next Saturday if not must postpone date. :( Realised that I've accumulated so much junk these few years. Threw away some things, sold off a few at eBay, but still soooo many things left! Dunno whether still have energy to wake up for work tomorrow. Sooo tired. Not enuff sleep zz

Finally have time to update my reno progress. Everything went smoothly so far and I've moved in about a fortnight ago. I am very, very satisfied with the quality and service given by my reno ID. He managed to meet our handover date and patiently attended to my numerous queries, promptly dispatched his men to touch up the house whenever necessary etc. However there are still a few things that are not ready, like the curtains and some soft furnishings that can wait(actually no more energy to shop after all the moving in, cleaning up, unpacking, filling in warranty cards (which I hate most), shopping, etc)

Here's some photos I managed to take today:

IMG_1397.jpg

Kitchen entrance

IMG_1398.jpg

Kitchen cabinets

IMG_1401.jpg

Fridge, oven and microwave

BTW, the microwave oven is a standby. Still waiting for the right one to be delivered.

IMG_1415.jpg

Blum hinge for dishdrainer cover

IMG_1403.jpg

My tiny flower pots (my son got the plants from his classmate so we made sure they moved with us :) )

IMG_1354.jpg

Was worried that the water from the kitchen sink will splash onto the washing machine power point. My ID thoughtfully got the electrician to install a plastic cover for it. Just realised while uploading this that it's MK as well. Ha!

IMG_1405.jpg

Instant heater at my small kitchen toilet

IMG_1406.jpg

Got the smallest rectangular washbasin available due to the limited space. I find it very cute :P

IMG_1404.jpg

WC @ kitchen toilet

Hi Ummee,

Ur kitchen has really transformed! Congrats. Ur hse layout is pretty much like mine. Looking forward to more picts.