Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueking07

Watch Out For This Dishonest Shop

Dear all,

Please do watch out for this shop at Balestier. The shop is L+Pheno (also Living Phenomenon). They sell bathroom and kitchen stuff. I have posted a full write up about my experience there under the subforum thread Kitchen & Bathroom. Go have a read if you want the full horror story of how this shop is dishonest in their sales tactics.

In short, after we bought the WC and basin, the boss just tell her sales girl to "put all the necessary accessories they need into the invoice" without consulting us. Firstly, these accessories goes up to 70% more than what other shops were selling (I bought the pop up waste for $15 where this shop were selling for $45!! don't even wanna calculate how many % that is!) Secondly, the boss refuse to let me speak to her directly, so that we cannot bargain with her. We have to talk to her PRC staff, she run to her to tell her our request, then boss redirect her price to staff, then staff runs back to us. This went on a few times.

As I as sick that day, I did not bother to argue with her and just wanted to finish buying and go home. The next day, when I was feeling better, I did a check with other shops (without even asking for discount) and realised I paid 25% more than what I should have paid for the WC. No wonder the boss didn't wanna speak to me becos she knew she squeeze a good deal out of me buy not allowing me to bargain with her, as well as "just add in all the necessary accessories" -- these extra stuff really cos more than my WC iteself!

Watch out, forumers. Do not let LPheno cheat you by making you think those accessories are necessary. Nothing is necessary -- even the S-pipe for the sink was selling for $8 at LPheno, but only $3 at most other shops! They will squeeze you dry if you allow them to make you believe they are doing you a favor by adding the necessary accessories in the invoice.

I will never return to Living Phenomenon again. Such a bad experience. Their prices are more expensive than other shops anyway. There are plenty of other shops at Balestier. Do not trust L+Pheno!!!

p.s. feel free to PM me if you want the details of what I have bought and the price they charge me, and a comparision of the price most other shops charge. you'll be shock at how dishonest L+Pheno is!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After reading your story, I would think that you

are the willing party to be cheated..

Who will continue to shop if the service is bad??

You have not done any price compare before purchasing??

I have been in construction line for 6 years...

Anything can be mark up to double or even triple

if you never compare prices!! Like tape and sink are

the worse. The current project I'm in, the price for

a sink is 1-2k which look like china made but it's

from Italy according to the supplier!!

After reading your story, I would think that you

are the willing party to be cheated..

Who will continue to shop if the service is bad??

You have not done any price compare before purchasing??

I have been in construction line for 6 years...

Anything can be mark up to double or even triple

if you never compare prices!! Like tape and sink are

the worse. The current project I'm in, the price for

a sink is 1-2k which look like china made but it's

from Italy according to the supplier!!

You are entitled to your own opinion. My sole purpose is to warn other forumers to be more decerning when dealing with this shop. Since there are other fairer shops in this equal opportunity market, I would encourage forumers to try buying from other shops to avoid potential grieve and unhappiness with this shop.

You are entitled to your own opinion. My sole purpose is to warn other forumers to be more decerning when dealing with this shop. Since there are other fairer shops in this equal opportunity market, I would encourage forumers to try buying from other shops to avoid potential grieve and unhappiness with this shop.

I bought my kitchen & toilet accessories from L-pheno 2 yes ago. I agree tat Their prices aren't cheapest but rnt as bad as u said either. In fact, I quite like their service then.. The lady boss (I think) waited for me patiently to shop for my stuffs from 9 pm to almost 12 am! Until I felt so paiseh... & 1 of the hose I bought was faulty & I've got an exchange with no question asked... Hmmm... But this was abt 2 yes ago la...

hey blueblue,

9pm to 12am???? whoa....

i went Living twice too.. the only thing i don't like is the incompetent china sales assistant.. no answers to 9 of my 10 questions.

i bght most of my taps and shower from L pheno 3 months .. prices may not be the cheapest, but the design suits my taste more.. i hv no problem with their services at all, but i was not served by PRC assistant.. there were scratches on the tap and the assistant even volunteered to send all the way to my flat at punggol..

hey blueblue,

9pm to 12am???? whoa....

i went Living twice too.. the only thing i don't like is the incompetent china sales assistant.. no answers to 9 of my 10 questions.

incompetent??

i believe is the management lah.....

you think she likes to ask the boss for the 9 out of 10 questions???

she is such a pity in my pov.

sorry that i sound so harsh.

Just went there to check out their bathrm basin. Served by Serena and she is friendly IMO.

Did not commit anything but have to say that their designs are rather nice and some are different from some other shops.

Price wise, can't comment as i did not do any homework on that yet.

<!--quoteo(post=533871:date=May 21 2010, 02:50 AM:name=blueking07)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blueking07 @ May 21 2010, 02:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=533871"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You are entitled to your own opinion. My sole purpose is to warn other forumers to be more decerning when dealing with this shop. Since there are other fairer shops in this equal opportunity market, I would encourage forumers to try buying from other shops to avoid potential grieve and unhappiness with this shop.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

sorry that i sound so harsh.