Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

anyw my home is supposed to b all white theme too...but in the end its slightly marred by my "white" sofa that looked white in the showroom (under spotlight) but actual thing was more cream in colour and my homo tiles turned out not the white i wanted (contractor "cheated" on me)..these 2 kinda spoilt my plans..

so to share w u, all white is very nice but u mus get the whitest sofa and correct tiles, else everything will fail. as for maint, i guess cream sofa maint is the same as white, its act not tat dfficult to maintan. if i can do it all over again, i wil stil go for an all white theme. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
anyw my home is supposed to b all white theme too...but in the end its slightly marred by my "white" sofa that looked white in the showroom (under spotlight) but actual thing was more cream in colour and my homo tiles turned out not the white i wanted (contractor "cheated" on me)..these 2 kinda spoilt my plans..

so to share w u, all white is very nice but u mus get the whitest sofa and correct tiles, else everything will fail. as for maint, i guess cream sofa maint is the same as white, its act not tat dfficult to maintan. if i can do it all over again, i wil stil go for an all white theme. :)

when i was looking for tiles in HAFARY, the whitest homo tile i can find is still slightly off white. was told by the staff there that homo tiles doesn't come in pure white

I'm going to have something similar to what weiwei had mentioned - whole kitchen cabinet in pearl white & living hall tv feature wall & console, even the shoe cabinet will be all in white. Only for furnitures like Sofa, dining table, coffee table OR mini bar will not be having white.

im not doing modern white, but rather something more cozy or homely, not too "cool...:P

i will go for laminate flooring...so wont hv pure white. will just choose the lightest color of laminate :) hopefully wont spoil the looks...

kitchen will go for glossy white, but still not sure abt solid top...:( practicality or nice looking :&

also, sofa: white definitely hard to maintain...but other color will spoil the theme....how?!?!?!

Hi weiwei,

Thanks so much for your reply!!! :)

i really like White!!! think am trying to gather support for me to go ahead...heehee u r rite, i may regret if i dun do want i like now....but im also very lazy to cleanup la...haaa

cant view pics in office pc, will check out ur reno blog tonight... do u also use white solid top for kitchen? any other tips like certain materials for white items for easier maintainance? any others things u would have done differently?

thanks sooooo much for your sharing...:)

hmm.. i use grey for solid top n kitchen floor tiles.. so grey n white for my kitchen =) n i bought black sofa n dining set... so black n white for my living hall =) i painted part of living wall in sandstone grey colour n my curtain in similar colour too =P i got all my hse photos in the reno blog.. :D

*** i agree wit merydith lo... White will definitely not outdated n easy match but maybe look plain n bored after sometime ba.. so maybe u can try match a colour instead do all in white =) ..

hmm my advice again.. haha dun do white for floor tiles ba.. no matter matt or glossy.. it will get dirty easily n obviously see even only a hair!! just like my living hall tiles :(

weiwei, thanks again for all the tips!

light color laminate flooring should be fine rite? dark flooring will change the whole looks liao! :)

thank you all for sharing...keep it coming :P

any comments on maintainance of mirror wall? im using mirror for the whole stretch of storage in the living room besides TV feature wall....any problem with finger print? :)

weiwei, thanks again for all the tips!

light color laminate flooring should be fine rite? dark flooring will change the whole looks liao! :)

thank you all for sharing...keep it coming :P

Dun Mention =) i think for kitchen u can use dark colour then light colour for living hall ba.. =)

enjoy ur day!

gigi, mirror sure will have fingerprints if you touch it wor.... and also dusty if you don't clean it often.

dun touch it le....:)

hope i dun regret with my choice after reno r done...hee so hard to decide

The more I browsing Weiwei's blog, the more I like white.. Don't mind if I 'copycat' :P

I've shared it with my hubby..

Oh yes, btw, weiwei, do you know where to get the toilet bowl cover? The previous owner's toilet bowl is the same as yours, I just can't find the cover in some of the shops. Can share how much total you have spent for the 'transformer' from Ginseng?

Edited by wonderlee

when i was looking for tiles in HAFARY, the whitest homo tile i can find is still slightly off white. was told by the staff there that homo tiles doesn't come in pure white

ya tats right...it wil stil b slight off white for homo...i guess tats the best one can do.. :P

The more I browsing Weiwei's blog, the more I like white.. Don't mind if I 'copycat' :P

I've shared it with my hubby..

Oh yes, btw, weiwei, do you know where to get the toilet bowl cover? The previous owner's toilet bowl is the same as yours, I just can't find the cover in some of the shops. Can share how much total you have spent for the 'transformer' from Ginseng?

haha no prob la.. good thing should share wit others ma.. hahahaha

i will send u my reno cost by pm later =P

hmmm... for toilet bowl cover.. is actually include in my reno package leh.. maybe i ask my contractor then let u know ok? =)

haha no prob la.. good thing should share wit others ma.. hahahaha

i will send u my reno cost by pm later =P

hmmm... for toilet bowl cover.. is actually include in my reno package leh.. maybe i ask my contractor then let u know ok? =)

Is it a good idea to use white glossy laminate? I worry it will be scratched and the white will turn yellowish fast.

hi, i had done my hse in white theme =) my whole kitchen cabinet in pearl white & my living hall tv feature wall & console, even the shoe cabinet too!

i ever worried about the same problem too.. but i like white =P so i go for what i prefer.. ***maybe i just need to work hard on maintainance lo... or maybe can change the laminate after sometime when it turn yellowish lo.. :D hehe this is what i trying to convince myself =P

hmmm... hav lived for nearly 9mths.. so far so good, ***maybe only 9mths!?? hahaha honestly.. i dun clean it often maybe once a week only..

^o^ --- my advice ... go for what u prefer.. ** since maybe u will regret if u didn't try.. haha I assume that =P

feel free to check out my reno blog lo...=)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...blogid=602&

Hehe your house looks very similar to mine...esp the toilets!

Can take a look at my t-blog :)

hav a nice day