Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rinoa_88

Laundry Hangers/dryers Recommendation

Recently moved into my new condo at kitchener. Have a problem with the drying of my laundry because of my yard layout. :bangwall: I don't wish to purchase a clothes dryer machine because of the $$ involve in maintaining it and i don't really trust a dryer machine, iit seems like it will shrink my clothings. :(

Hope that someone could recommend a compact manual laundry hanger, the type where u can retract up, down and possibly in and out of the window. The kinds that I came across at those DIY shops looks like gym equipment, very heavy and hard to operate. ;)

Kindly also share your experience if you have installed any dryer!!! Would love to know how many alternatives I have :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Have a look at http://www.ezziliving.com/. There is also another brand - cant remember alreadie ...

Recently moved into my new condo at kitchener. Have a problem with the drying of my laundry because of my yard layout. :bangwall: I don't wish to purchase a clothes dryer machine because of the $$ involve in maintaining it and i don't really trust a dryer machine, iit seems like it will shrink my clothings. :(

Hope that someone could recommend a compact manual laundry hanger, the type where u can retract up, down and possibly in and out of the window. The kinds that I came across at those DIY shops looks like gym equipment, very heavy and hard to operate. ;)

Kindly also share your experience if you have installed any dryer!!! Would love to know how many alternatives I have :)

Yep Rinoa, you could try ezziliving. Ha!ha! I also don't try trust dryers, I also have a sneaking feeling they shrink our clothes! My retractable hanger from ezziliving was bought more than 7 years ago and it's been serving us real well all this time. Yes, it's heavy but I think that makes it durable and lasting. However, bec of the way it is made, has to do with some hydraulic system I think, it's easy to push out and pull in. All this while, my puny domestic helper has been using it with no problem. My take is that this is a good system. Saw somewhere in the other sub-forums that that this company has installed for many condo projects so I think they are reliable. U can go check out their website for other models of hangers too if you still want to shop aroound for other types.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reccomendations guys! But ezziliving seems to be alittle bit bulky.

I actually went to do some research and found a company with reasonable pricing on their laundry hangers. Called ks auto system. I went down to their showroom to have a look and opearate the system, I find it to be more compact and the system seem more lighter but sturdy.

I'm still considering though. Anyone delt with ks auto system before?

• Like 1

Just to share my experience here.

I installed this Tame laundry system from a Company called Shop 8 Renovation located at kaki Bukit. Due to space constraint, I installed it just above the washer and it remains in this drop-down position all the time in our service balcony. If course, it can retract to the ceiling which looks neater. But as it about 1.8m H from ground, it does not hit our head when we walk past.

I will push it out when the clothes need some sunlight.

grq4_eaf_uc4it.jpg

Just to share my experience here.

I installed this Tame laundry system from a Company called Shop 8 Renovation located at kaki Bukit. Due to space constraint, I installed it just above the washer and it remains in this drop-down position all the time in our service balcony. If course, it can retract to the ceiling which looks neater. But as it about 1.8m H from ground, it does not hit our head when we walk past.

I will push it out when the clothes need some sunlight.

grq4_eaf_uc4it.jpg

Can I check how much did you pay for this laundry system ?

Can I check how much did you pay for this laundry system ?

I paid $788 including installation. You can visit my reno t-blog for more pictures & my signature has info on shop details.

Do NOT buy from KS Auto System. They totally messed up during the installation phase - drilled the hole wrongly! AND now, the string has broken (after less than 1 year), and they are charging SGD50 just to replace the string!?!

I repeat do NOT buy from KS Auto System.

I'm using ezzliving and don't like it. Reason being it's a stupid design where U need to use your fingers to release a 'catch' before it can spring back up. And you got to release it softly else it sprang back up and whack the top (imagine slamming your cupboard without soft closure system). Furthermore, hanging space on two outermost poles (mid point) are being used for the extension rollers, meaning less useable space. I kinda regretted buying it (didn't know my contractor had sourced this brand for me until after installation). It costs me $730 (contractor price) but $750 if you approach them directly.

Saw another brand at furniture mall beach road. Not only is it lighter to use ('cos my wife is pretty weak) but the system seems more intuitive (don't have to put my finger at risk!!!). However, it is slightly more expensive at $788. Do check it out

I'm using ezzliving and don't like it. Reason being it's a stupid design where U need to use your fingers to release a 'catch' before it can spring back up. And you got to release it softly else it sprang back up and whack the top (imagine slamming your cupboard without soft closure system). Furthermore, hanging space on two outermost poles (mid point) are being used for the extension rollers, meaning less useable space. I kinda regretted buying it (didn't know my contractor had sourced this brand for me until after installation). It costs me $730 (contractor price) but $750 if you approach them directly.

Saw another brand at furniture mall beach road. Not only is it lighter to use ('cos my wife is pretty weak) but the system seems more intuitive (don't have to put my finger at risk!!!). However, it is slightly more expensive at $788. Do check it out

Do you remember the brand? Was it the one in the photo above (by mae)?

Edited by ugoh

Due to my house layout, it's hard to dry my clothes coz there's almost always no strong sunlight. Do the dryers work well in terms of drying, any smell after drying?

Hi, friends, I had done some research and found 2 shops.  Some of you may have tried them. They are Tame and  KS Auto Systems Pte Ltd.  a_patche said KS Auto is no good, so that leaves us with Tame. I haven't tried Tame yet, but will let you folks know after I have visited their showroom. Model TPS-330 retractable hanger (1st pic) - this one lets you push it out into the sun to dry your clothes.  Tame's tel nos: Tel:  65521732,  94898030.  But in case you still want to try KS Auto, their contact details are:

Blk 3027 Ubi Rd 1

#03-124 Singapore 408720

Tel: 6747 2280 Fax: 6746 9878

Email: enquiries@ksautosystem.com.sg

KS Auto's model is: Model 323 - Retractable indoor / outdoor laundry system (2nd pic)

Clothes Line 9 Capture.JPG

Clothes Line 10 untitled.png

Clothes Line Tame Contact.jpg