Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sunny88

Shower Screen Rusty! Why?

It has been a few months since our renovations are completed.

We had installed brand new shower screen in the bathroom. Recently we discovered that the "stainless steel" border at the bottom of the shower screen appears to be rusty - with a brownish discharge. We are trying to contact our ID to look into this. Is it possible for it to be rusty?

Any forummers with experience in this aspect?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i know why!! when my hse under reno, my stainless steel item got rust too. cos when the acid wash ppl came to wash in the night (rushing job), they cant really see and i think accidentally splash acid onto it. so it became brownish after that. my contractor sent someone down though to wipe with one kind of thing leh. Then it was ok. maybe u wan to check with ur ID?

i know why!! when my hse under reno, my stainless steel item got rust too. cos when the acid wash ppl came to wash in the night (rushing job), they cant really see and i think accidentally splash acid onto it. so it became brownish after that. my contractor sent someone down though to wipe with one kind of thing leh. Then it was ok. maybe u wan to check with ur ID?

bro try removing it with some fine sand paper,it should work! :P

Acid washing causes this kind of problem. It eats into whatever kind of metal. Rust is unavoidable. If the washing is done by your contractor or ID, you can make a claim to them if your house is still under warranty.