Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summerflowers

Built In Sink Top Waste Bin

Anyone has installed this waste bin before? Does it have choice of sizes? I'm looking at around 20cm in diameter. Current ones on the market is about 32cm diameter, which I find is a little bulky.

dsc5747u.jpg

dsc5748e.jpg

dsc5743n.jpg

Edited by summerflowers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

a typical singaporean will put a plastic bag into the bin for practical reasons...so no need to get this...do till so nice end up put a plastic bag there also not nice...(imagine stainless steel bin with red trimmings)

my 2cents. :)

i gave my contractor a plastic garbage pail and asked him to cut a hole of that size and depth onto the counter top. very neat and cheap. i simply line the pail with plastic bag and in goes my garbage, completely concealed.

Anyone has installed this waste bin before? Does it have choice of sizes? I'm looking at around 20cm in diameter. Current ones on the market is about 32cm diameter, which I find is a little bulky.

dsc5747u.jpg

dsc5748e.jpg

dsc5743n.jpg

Hi Summerflower,

Mind sharing with us the shop and $ for this ? I am quite interest. Thks

dsc5747u.jpg

dsc5748e.jpg

dsc5743n.jpg

In my profession's point of view, this thing is not advisable to install at home due to maintenance & cleaning issue. Unless you running a catering business at home which gives you big volume of waste everytime. This is most useful & used in industrial kitchens. Its best to collect waste in used plastic bags, tie & throw straight to rubbish bin.

Hi Summerflower,

Mind sharing with us the shop and $ for this ? I am quite interest. Thks

This can be found at Poh Seng Hardware. 153 Jalan Besar. $160.

I got it anyway. Cannot resist the idea of a neat waste bin on the counter top. There is a plastic bin included which is not shown in the pics, therefore the edges of your plastic bags will not show. When it's dirty , you can hose it down, as there is a drainage below connected to the water pipes. Seemed easy maintenance for me.

i gave my contractor a plastic garbage pail and asked him to cut a hole of that size and depth onto the counter top. very neat and cheap. i simply line the pail with plastic bag and in goes my garbage, completely concealed.

can share some pictures of your setup? roughly how big the diameter is your cut hole? that means cut into the solid surface? Thanks.

can share some pictures of your setup? roughly how big the diameter is your cut hole? that means cut into the solid surface? Thanks.

hole size is dependent on size of your bucket. contractor will cut into the solid surface accordingly. i actually got this idea from BreadTalk.

Dear all, I would like to share a very unfortunate experience of mine. I bought my kitchen sink from poh seng hardware at jalan besar. The boss assured us twice that his sinks are made of statinless steel. one week after the installation of the sink, it started to rust (please refer to photos). We went back to look for the boss to tell him about the rust. Instead of giving a solution, he raised his voice at us claiming that there is nothing wrong with his sink and we should blame HDB for the "extra ingredients" in the water.
But my question is, isn't my sink made of stainless steel, if so, why the rust?
we also noticed that my master room basin starts to rust as well. I'm surprised that the HDB sink is of a better quality than poh seng. just for sharing, do get the sales person to state in black and white that you are getting a stainless steel sink. so that when something is wrong, at least there's proof. i have spent 1000 with poh seng and now im worried bout the rest of my stuffs.
We tried autosol and CIF but doesn't really help much.

Unless u want to be stuck with a rusty kitchen sink, DO THINK TWICE before purchasing there.
10445522_10153328241264897_19140642518341488060_10153328241374897_4599441610330010494712_10153328241399897_51204778031861910487_10153329573109897_1668051699353010563173_10153329692174897_5943222916804

You can use tooth paste to remove the rust and later use 3M to go over it.

My Bosch dish washer and miele oven front stainless steel door also started to rust. And we use the above method, all the rust removed and rust free.