Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wj888

Dakota Crescent

Ok, just went to Dakota and found them doing site inspection. So I went in and took some photos of my actual unit. :)

I would say it's a very no-frills condo. Not for those who want landscaping and such. So, if want landscape at the same location, then Waterbank is a very good choice. Of course, the best landscaping i've seen so far is Interlace with 800k sqft land and Minton with 400k sqft land.

1) 50m Lap pool good for 5-6 swimmers(depending on whether they do Butterfly or freestroke ..haha) with aqua-gym hidden between the two blocks

IMAG0182.jpg

2) 180degrees view. Can see the sea very clearly across the horizon (but rain was coming from east coast,so sea is blurrish)

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

3) Huge Living rm balcony for me to do a 3rd living space -Will be doing something similar to Interlace with waterfeature

IMAG0191.jpg

Edited by wj888

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

4) Living-cum-Dining room (probably will extend into Balcony if I find it too cramp)

IMAG0189.jpg

5) Kitchen

IMAG0192.jpg

6) 2 common bathrooms of the same design (Dunno whether can squeeze in a bathtub at the shower cubicle

IMAG0193.jpg

7) Masterbedroom bathroom with bathtub

IMAG0197.jpg

8) Masterbedroom

IMAG0203.jpg

9) Masterbedroom closet (will add more closet here)

IMAG0198.jpg

10)Masterbedroom balcony with great views too. (Doing coffeetable and outdoor chair plus outdoor storage)

IMAG0195.jpg

11) 3 common bedrooms with standard-size Room good enough to fit a queen size bed plus study desk on baywindows. (This one no view, the other 2 is also eastcoast view)

IMAG0200.jpg

After seeing the whole place, I think I will not be doing much for the bathroom except adding closets behind the mirror and cove lights.

No need flooring for the whole house..

So should be cheap right? :) Budget around $40-50k (Excluding furnishing) for luxurious hotel feel.. Dunno achievable or not.

But..the best I've seen so far is Marina Bay Residences ... FREAKING NICE! Both also Residences but 同名不同命

Edited by wj888

-Great location

-east cost/downtown

-Dokata mrt, Waterbank lagi near mrt!

-great view - btw east stack block west view, west stack block east view. Waterbank all NS facing - a U-shape to "collect" southern qi, great fs. Singapore's latitude is 1 deg N, considered as "Northern sphere".

-good amenities

Entrance not so grand

- Got HDB blocks to "buffer" some noise from main road

- Basement carpark might have "water" problem orginated from the Geylang river, if walls not treated properly.

Edited by bepgof

Still waiting for it to TOP.

Now BCA is still inspecting the site. So probably end of this month will know result whether TOP approved or not.

if it is approved, i'm sure it will take at least a month to inform and let people collect keys..

So I'm expecting around End July to early August .. (dunno whether it is ghost month or not).

Anyway, i just visited International Furniture Center today and I really liked the quality and design of Lorenzo.

Anyone have bought their furniture and any comments?

I'm looking at the full-leather sofas (around $4-5k) and the dinning table/chair and the dinning cupboards (think also around 2-3k).

I read from another thread that Furniture club leather sofas flakes after 6mths...to 1yr..

I'm worried I'm going to have the same if Lorenzo uses the same type of leather cowhide

Still waiting for it to TOP.

Now BCA is still inspecting the site. So probably end of this month will know result whether TOP approved or not.

if it is approved, i'm sure it will take at least a month to inform and let people collect keys..

So I'm expecting around End July to early August .. (dunno whether it is ghost month or not).

Anyway, i just visited International Furniture Center today and I really liked the quality and design of Lorenzo.

Anyone have bought their furniture and any comments?

I'm looking at the full-leather sofas (around $4-5k) and the dinning table/chair and the dinning cupboards (think also around 2-3k).

I read from another thread that Furniture club leather sofas flakes after 6mths...to 1yr..

I'm worried I'm going to have the same if Lorenzo uses the same type of leather cowhide

Mine from Lorenzo, 4yr+, full cowhide, tok kong, swee, swee. No kids jumping on top. Leather "afraids" of sudden stretch and contract, ie, jumping on top will make it "crack easily".

Hi wj888, have you engaged an ID yet? I oso got a unit at Dakota but its a 3 bedder, facing the school :rolleyes:

Just joined Renotalk yest and I saw ur post ;) now how the h*ll u managed to take pics of ur unit ??? unless ur unit is the show unit at 10th fl? I did went in to see the ground and 10th floor unit :D

side track abit, ani idea whens the TOP? Been visiting the site almost weekly since last yr cos I currently staying at bendemeer :D

Edited by het

Mine from Lorenzo, 4yr+, full cowhide, tok kong, swee, swee. No kids jumping on top. Leather "afraids" of sudden stretch and contract, ie, jumping on top will make it "crack easily".

Thanks :) I'll be buying Lorenzo after looking thru the forums and finding most have good reviews about them :)

Hi wj888, have you engaged an ID yet? I oso got a unit at Dakota but its a 3 bedder, facing the school :rolleyes:

Just joined Renotalk yest and I saw ur post ;) now how the h*ll u managed to take pics of ur unit ??? unless ur unit is the show unit at 10th fl? I did went in to see the ground and 10th floor unit :D

side track abit, ani idea whens the TOP? Been visiting the site almost weekly since last yr cos I currently staying at bendemeer :D

Hi Het,

Dakota Residences have recieved their TOP since last week.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/ShowCD....00435-2007-BP01

Plan Reference No: A1252-00435-2007-BP01

Application Type: BCA-TOP-APPLN

Current Status: APPROVED

Current Status Date / Time: 23/06/2010 14:42:01

Registration Date / Time: 22/06/2010 08:30:00

Processing Officer: TAN ENG HUAT

Telephone No.: 63258635

Email Address: TAN_ENG_HUAT@BCA.GOV.SG

Welcome neighbour :)

Just got Master Hui Jie (Huimaster.com.sg) for audit of my home.

Funny thing is he does it only on MOn-Fri and there's a night session at 7-9pm and I got that! No choice, I am getting my keys on thursday and friday is the only day Master Hui is free before flying off for overseas audit.

Now I have to go buy portable lights to light up the place during the night.

Also, I've signed up with Chew Interiors to produce 3D design for the house for $1500. Will be expecting it to be good since I'm paying for it. Will let you know later whether it was worth paying $1500 for design by Chews.

Edited by wj888

Just got Master Hui Jie (Huimaster.com.sg) for audit of my home.

Funny thing is he does it only on MOn-Fri and there's a night session at 7-9pm and I got that! No choice, I am getting my keys on thursday and friday is the only day Master Hui is free before flying off for overseas audit.

Now I have to go buy portable lights to light up the place during the night.

Also, I've signed up with Chew Interiors to produce 3D design for the house for $1500. Will be expecting it to be good since I'm paying for it. Will let you know later whether it was worth paying $1500 for design by Chews.

Really strange le cause my dad is a FSM and he told me that not surpose to do audit after the sunset. So I think if you are concern on this its best that you take the day slot.

Night is ONLY good for observing the stars, provided no cloud, best at terrace roof. House audit at night no good, the "chi" ambience is completely different, easily get wrong observation hence conclusion, somemore portable light. The beginning already sound no good, change date pls.

Watch out basement carpark- Geylang river just next to it, observe any water slippage crack! Chew design got many gangster-look figures, eyes looked at my wife without blinking ! Almost wanted to d... their eyeballs out! Careful.

Edited by bepgof