Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wj888

Dakota Crescent

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Swee..... :D:D:D

But exactly is tat glass showcase / pillar tats near ur balcony in ur 1st pic ?

Hehe.. that twin pillar showcase is for my "Pi Xiu" .. The mythical creatures you see at the doorway of banks.. meant to suck wealth and qi and whatever ....

Hehe.. that twin pillar showcase is for my "Pi Xiu" .. The mythical creatures you see at the doorway of banks.. meant to suck wealth and qi and whatever ....

Cool, i have tat as well in my previous place. Wil b placin them here as well. But ur stand for them is super loh :D:o

IMG_20100921_221249.jpg

IMG_20100921_214810.jpg

a little disappointed the mirrior did not create the illusion of a bigger living/dining area.

I think the mirror need to be filled from wall to wall to create the illusion as a frame kinds of prepares the mind to perceive it as a painting or sorts.

IMG_20100921_221600.jpg

The bedroom TV feature wall (simple as i just wanted lights coming out from the bottom and top). .. but somehow.. the effect does not seem right... The whole room is literally like daytime ... Any suggestions how to make it become like a hALO-effect..

Edited by wj888

IMG_20100921_221249.jpg

IMG_20100921_214810.jpg

a little disappointed the mirrior did not create the illusion of a bigger living/dining area.

I think the mirror need to be filled from wall to wall to create the illusion as a frame kinds of prepares the mind to perceive it as a painting or sorts.

IMG_20100921_221600.jpg

The bedroom TV feature wall (simple as i just wanted lights coming out from the bottom and top). .. but somehow.. the effect does not seem right... The whole room is literally like daytime ... Any suggestions how to make it become like a hALO-effect..

dont worry when your dinning table is place infront of the mirror the whole effect will change now it doesnt hv the bigger effect cuz the room is very bare without any furniture and you are attract to the border frame of the mirror

dont worry when your dinning table is place infront of the mirror the whole effect will change now it doesnt hv the bigger effect cuz the room is very bare without any furniture and you are attract to the border frame of the mirror

Oh, that's good to hear :) Guess I will have to wait till 6th Oct to know the result.

You have any idea on the halo-effect for border lights along the TV frame? I was thinking whether it was due to the lack of translucent covering on the lights. Maybe have to do one myself :)

Oh another thing... We have a full-length mirror shoe-cabinet... but is it normal to have only the mirror as the sliding door without a plywood support? I don't have the photos here .. but the whole freaking mirror door wobbles when you slides it... and definitely a safety concern since there's no plywood supproting it from behind...

This one will iron out with the ID.. in case anyone engaged him or other IDs, make sure to check on what type of wood they used to do cabinets and such (the specs and material used is not listed in the quotation).

Edited by wj888

Bro, ur reno lookin good ya :D

As for the 'halo' effect, I guess u need a taller plummet to contain the side throw of your T5? Fr the pics, it seems like ur top and bottm lights are 'exposed' but just bcos its either too high / too low, you cant see the T5 tube, am I rite?

Edited by het

Oh, that's good to hear :) Guess I will have to wait till 6th Oct to know the result.

You have any idea on the halo-effect for border lights along the TV frame? I was thinking whether it was due to the lack of translucent covering on the lights. Maybe have to do one myself :)

Oh another thing... We have a full-length mirror shoe-cabinet... but is it normal to have only the mirror as the sliding door without a plywood support? I don't have the photos here .. but the whole freaking mirror door wobbles when you slides it... and definitely a safety concern since there's no plywood supproting it from behind...

This one will iron out with the ID.. in case anyone engaged him or other IDs, make sure to check on what type of wood they used to do cabinets and such (the specs and material used is not listed in the quotation).

defintely not acceptance to hv a sliding door just make of a mirror , sound so dangerous better ask them to redo it with wood glue behind it so is more solid and stable

defintely not acceptance to hv a sliding door just make of a mirror , sound so dangerous better ask them to redo it with wood glue behind it so is more solid and stable

Unless ofcse the thickness of the mirror is those 1cm / 0.5inch type, which is the equivalent of a tempered dining table / shower screen. Other than that, better to have wood backing but by having that, it would drastically increased the thickness of your door by ard 2.5inch :rolleyes:

Bro, ur reno lookin good ya :D

As for the 'halo' effect, I guess u need a taller plummet to contain the side throw of your T5? Fr the pics, it seems like ur top and bottm lights are 'exposed' but just bcos its either too high / too low, you cant see the T5 tube, am I rite?

Ya, think plummet is the cause.. But now too late to rectify.. if they built the plummet, the feature wall become too long.. Nevermind already.. just accept :)

My House now **** BRIGHT! Even for the warm light that is supposed to be the cove lightings for all the rooms and living area. I just need to on my cove lightings can illuminate the living area and dining already! ..haha.. Think must change the lights (probably a year from now) to something that is dimmer .. like use LED type.. :)

His view of lightings also weird.. he choosed all the big ceiling lights for the bedrooms and toilets as well. Think the smaller ceiling lights will look better in the small constraint rooms/toilets instead. Guess he never put much thought into the lighting portion. So for those who are doing reno, please remember to see whether the lightings recommended by your ID fits your ROOM.. :)

I saw your night lightings on your blog.. that one looks better.. Very COSY and nice :) The ambience all come out already..I feel like I am in a nice lounge bar when i saw your night lightings. walau.. i drool when i saw yours... You use LED or the T5-T9 ??

So .. I think if everything goes the way it goes.. William will be getting less business from the forum if people chanced upon this reno.. keke.

Edited by wj888

Yup ;) That's my intention as well.

Tomorrow will talk to the ID about it .. Totally unacceptable piece of work by his carpenter.

Now left only with tomorrow's housing cleaning .. followed by Wallpaper ..and done.. :)

Hmm.. could be. My House now **** BRIGHT! Even for the warm light that is supposed to be the cove lightings for all the rooms and living area. I just need to on my cove lightings can illuminate the living area and dining already! ..haha.. Think must change the lights (probably a year from now) to something that is dimmer .. like use LED type.. :)

I saw your night lightings on your blog.. that one looks better.. Very COSY and nice :)

So .. I think if everything goes the way it goes.. William will be getting less business from the forum if people chanced upon this reno.. keke.

Actually, my ceiling paint color (grey) plays a big part in achieving the overall look. They sort of like absorb rather than reflect, hence its more contained and cozy ba ;)