Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lancer2

Do u know any Good contractor???

sorry to bring up this old thread.

my contractor quoted $4.50 per sq ft for labour and cement screeding, without tiles. Is it on the high side? I have a lot of flooring area to cover, and paying close to 20k for flooring excluding tiles is exorbitant.

Anyone with contacts of tilers/flooring subcon, pm me please. :sport-smiley-004:

thank you

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I have a distant relative who is a tiler that came recommended by my relative to do my two bathroom and possibly kitchen too. I have seem his works and it's good.I have not talk to him yet but I like to know the market prices to do tiles so that I know if he's giving me any good discount or not. So according to Finger, it is $2-$2.50 per sq ft right?Is this price including tiles and labor?

My relative say I can order directly from tiles company like white horse and deliver my house, my tiler will just provide labor, in this case how much labor cost on market?

There are more tile suppliers in the market than white horse. Price, design and quality is the concern. That's why all the more you should compare between. Market rate for labour and cement material is $2.50 psf. Haulage may differ dependent on how much work you need. Some charge a sum for haulage for small job to cover their labour which is reasonable and for those with bigger amount of workscope, they give FOC.

I am thinking of constructing a small wall partition in my kitchen. About 1.2 m tall, 1 m wide only, fully tiled. Will the tilers be able to do it ?

Anyone know whether I need to apply to HDB for approval ?

Edited by tamarind