Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
segarian

Bt Pangjang - Segar Road Resident

hey fellow segarians,

did you all noticed the stretch of road along bukit pankang ring road where the new school beacon primary school is got some construction going on? a couple of days ago, the news reported that beacon primary school was very popular... heheeee we are all staying near a branded school!! A branded school nearby but hor got no bus stops at all along the way leh... hopefully they are constructing some bus stops as i got a feeling they are expanding the road to cater for the bus stops. The school opens next year 2008, so by then maybe 922 frequency will improve?? or mayb got more bus services ply that route there... hee keep fingers crossed. :P

Har? Branded school meh?? I nvr heard of it before leh...new school izit?? Usually I have no confidence in new schools one...but then if there's a hype that it's branded, then i will consider sending my future kids to beacon pri....hehehe..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Har? Branded school meh?? I nvr heard of it before leh...new school izit?? Usually I have no confidence in new schools one...but then if there's a hype that it's branded, then i will consider sending my future kids to beacon pri....hehehe..

Heard that Beacon is one of two schools that will adopt the use of IT in subject delivery

hey fellow segarians,

did you all noticed the stretch of road along bukit pankang ring road where the new school beacon primary school is got some construction going on? a couple of days ago, the news reported that beacon primary school was very popular... heheeee we are all staying near a branded school!! A branded school nearby but hor got no bus stops at all along the way leh... hopefully they are constructing some bus stops as i got a feeling they are expanding the road to cater for the bus stops. The school opens next year 2008, so by then maybe 922 frequency will improve?? or mayb got more bus services ply that route there... hee keep fingers crossed. :sport-smiley-004:

I didn't realise they were expanding the roads. But I do hope they will increase the frequency of buses or add another service as a result of the new Primary school. Then again the school is only operating primary one next year, so might not warrant more buses.

But the school so far is quite popular, I think no more vacancies. Last I checked, only 3-4 left.

I didn't realise they were expanding the roads. But I do hope they will increase the frequency of buses or add another service as a result of the new Primary school. Then again the school is only operating primary one next year, so might not warrant more buses.

But the school so far is quite popular, I think no more vacancies. Last I checked, only 3-4 left.

But usually new pri sch are being taught by very young teachers...i prefer veteran teachers...then again, too early for me to think abt that right now...hehe..

well i am only guessing that they are expanding the roads.... hopefully i'm right lor....

well i am only guessing that they are expanding the roads.... hopefully i'm right lor....

All I know for sure is there's gonna be more road humps and zebra crossings...... probably more traffic lights as well.....

I just got the keys to my new place. The previous owner just shifted out, and since I don't intend to do any renovations, I'll need to clean up the place. Need some advice, wondering if anyone could help...

1) there's some wiring, running along the walls, and on the ceiling, should I engage an electrician to sort it out for me... OR can I just get the guy delivering my new lights to help me sort it out?

2) the bathroom floors, should I just clean them myself or should I get someone to chemical wash?

3) some window latches are faulty, how do I go about replacing them? Can just get a HDB contractor?

Sorry, apparently I am very new at this. Just wondering what you would do if you got a resale flat and not planning to do any renovation. Just painting and changing lights.

yayayaa correct... that is the hose i am talking about.... looks **** cool leh.... wonder where can find hor....

like that hor.. the basin must be very deep ?? or else the water will "zhuaaa" everywhere when u turn on the water....

speaking of uma, he is one of the best technical officer lor.. had the best-est of service from him. how u all feel about his service ne?? i ever wrote a commendation letter to him cc his boss.. to express my sincere thanks for his service.

Check out this link for your sink tap

http://www.hoekee.com/LatestDesign.shtml

I just got the keys to my new place. The previous owner just shifted out, and since I don't intend to do any renovations, I'll need to clean up the place. Need some advice, wondering if anyone could help...

1) there's some wiring, running along the walls, and on the ceiling, should I engage an electrician to sort it out for me... OR can I just get the guy delivering my new lights to help me sort it out?

2) the bathroom floors, should I just clean them myself or should I get someone to chemical wash?

3) some window latches are faulty, how do I go about replacing them? Can just get a HDB contractor?

Sorry, apparently I am very new at this. Just wondering what you would do if you got a resale flat and not planning to do any renovation. Just painting and changing lights.

Your answer to point 1. The lighting company will not sort out your wirings for free. They will advise your to get an electrician.

Your answer to point 2. Why not clean it yourself with ppowerful detergent or good bleach if it's not too dirty?

Your answer to point 3. That I think you have to get a certified contractor.

Try calling the town council or HDB area office? They usually have a list of contractors for everything. Your other alternative is to engage a contractor who will coordinate and match a workman to the various jobs needed. This however, will cost a little more but less hassle on your part.

Your last alternative which is also the cheapest is to hire your own electrician, janitorial service company and window man. Lots of these in the yellow pages. Some forum members who DIY their own homes even include the names of these companies in their mails.

Good luck

$642 for this tap!! madness :jawdrop:! :)

Saw something similar at Universal Union yesterday but did not notice the price. Will be popping over again the next few days. Don't think it cost that much. Will check again.

Anyway universal Union is at 710 Geylang Road near Lorong 44

Saw something similar at Universal Union yesterday but did not notice the price. Will be popping over again the next few days. Don't think it cost that much. Will check again.

Anyway universal Union is at 710 Geylang Road near Lorong 44

Don't have to get so expensive one....hoe kee and SSC surely very ex cos they claimed it's branded....alot of imitation around....looks the same, serves the same purpose..

i know what is the cordoned area for. They are constructing a carpark there......

Heart SMRT going to raise their prices soon... haiz... another raise... and also hopefully they can improve the frequency of 922. wait **** long for 1 bus... ridiculous man....

hey, i noticed they said the area behind the zhenghua cc is "temporary carpark".... so where is the permanent carpark then????

From 10th July till now, another 7 EAs taken between blocks 465 to 472. That brings the number of EAs sold during the last WIS to 33. 17 EAs remain unsold

Only 7 EA's left in Segar........