Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
segarian

Bt Pangjang - Segar Road Resident

I went to check my place for defects.. and hdb is going to change everything for us!! thats good.. New tiles hahaha..

oh yeah.. i was quite kpo-ing around the neighbourhood.. the construction behind the LRT.. not sure what is it for.. btu for the other side of the field.. its just some drainage work going on.. so it's not going to be flats or MSCP or any buildings...

The prices for the flats really go up.. today check the website.. saw a 3rd floor selling for $290!! that is like 11k more than what i bought..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I went to check my place for defects.. and hdb is going to change everything for us!! thats good.. New tiles hahaha..

oh yeah.. i was quite kpo-ing around the neighbourhood.. the construction behind the LRT.. not sure what is it for.. btu for the other side of the field.. its just some drainage work going on.. so it's not going to be flats or MSCP or any buildings...

The prices for the flats really go up.. today check the website.. saw a 3rd floor selling for $290!! that is like 11k more than what i bought..

oh wow that's great! I hated the tiles HDB gave us...how did you manage to ask them to change? Then you can choose the tiles you want? Or same tiles back??

Oh so they are not going to build more flats huh? Such a relief to hear that!!

oh wow that's great! I hated the tiles HDB gave us...how did you manage to ask them to change? Then you can choose the tiles you want? Or same tiles back??

Oh so they are not going to build more flats huh? Such a relief to hear that!!

Hi Air,

I went to knock on each of the tiles using keys to see if they are hollow. I'm from the building line so hollow tiles means that it has the potential to crack in future. Its more prone to cracks or in chinese they say in will 'bao' (explode)

I just wrote it on the defect list and they called. So we told them we found a lot of tiles which are hollow, in the kitchen, toilet, and all the floor in the rooms. The hdb inspector just say he will get the contractor to contact us. He say that he will change the tiles for us. We asked if he wants to come down and inspect, he say no need. haha.. good for us also..

I think not the same tiles.. coz the flats there already obselete.. so they will be changing another kind of tiles.. i really hope its nicer one.. and i can choose also.. haha... :notti:

Hi Air,

I went to knock on each of the tiles using keys to see if they are hollow. I'm from the building line so hollow tiles means that it has the potential to crack in future. Its more prone to cracks or in chinese they say in will 'bao' (explode)

I just wrote it on the defect list and they called. So we told them we found a lot of tiles which are hollow, in the kitchen, toilet, and all the floor in the rooms. The hdb inspector just say he will get the contractor to contact us. He say that he will change the tiles for us. We asked if he wants to come down and inspect, he say no need. haha.. good for us also..

I think not the same tiles.. coz the flats there already obselete.. so they will be changing another kind of tiles.. i really hope its nicer one.. and i can choose also.. haha... :sport-smiley-018:

hi wendily

who was the technical officer who attended to you? was it an indian guy by the name Uma??

i hope it is ... he is the nicest guy ever... he is usually very obliging! :yamseng:

Is HDB really going to change all your floor and wall tiles for you? About 130sqm of it all. As in hack away everything and relay for you? If they are then you're very lucky.

Anyway I was told by HDB that they are building flats behind the Segar LRT

hi wendily

who was the technical officer who attended to you? was it an indian guy by the name Uma??

i hope it is ... he is the nicest guy ever... he is usually very obliging! :sport-smiley-004:

Yes yes.. it 's uma.. My SO say he is very nice. haha.. laugh laugh... whatever we tell him, he just ask us to pass the message to the contractor, to ask them to change or rectify the defect for us.

Is HDB really going to change all your floor and wall tiles for you? About 130sqm of it all. As in hack away everything and relay for you? If they are then you're very lucky.

Anyway I was told by HDB that they are building flats behind the Segar LRT

Yeah, they are going to chaneg everything for us... I'm living on the 4th floor.. so the floor below me is not take up yet, but i saw there are already people hacking all the tiles from kitchen, to MBR, to living room.. So i think like what the TO Uma told us, there are lots of defected tiles there, and the current tiles are all obselete.. so i think HDB is changing all into the new bulk of tiles they ordered (as told by the TO)

Lucky.. yes.. but i hope the new tiles are nicer.. i don't mind the current color, but i'm afraid the new one is uglier...

Yes yes.. it 's uma.. My SO say he is very nice. haha.. laugh laugh... whatever we tell him, he just ask us to pass the message to the contractor, to ask them to change or rectify the defect for us.

Yeah, they are going to chaneg everything for us... I'm living on the 4th floor.. so the floor below me is not take up yet, but i saw there are already people hacking all the tiles from kitchen, to MBR, to living room.. So i think like what the TO Uma told us, there are lots of defected tiles there, and the current tiles are all obselete.. so i think HDB is changing all into the new bulk of tiles they ordered (as told by the TO)

Lucky.. yes.. but i hope the new tiles are nicer.. i don't mind the current color, but i'm afraid the new one is uglier...

But you mentioned that you get to choose the tiles? So shd be quite safe....they giving you ceramic tiles or homo tiles??

Hi Air..

The contractor just called me.. we cannot choose the tiles.. they have already ordered the tiles for us..

But he mentinoed that we can change to other design we want.. but we just top up an amount..not sure how much.. then they will do the job for us.. also quite worth it.. coz save the labour cost...

They are giving us ceramic tiles.

Hi Air..

The contractor just called me.. we cannot choose the tiles.. they have already ordered the tiles for us..

But he mentinoed that we can change to other design we want.. but we just top up an amount..not sure how much.. then they will do the job for us.. also quite worth it.. coz save the labour cost...

They are giving us ceramic tiles.

oh ok...hope it's nicer than the current ones!! I hated the existing tiles too! Show some pics after your flooring is laid...!!

Good for you, you've saved yourself at least $15000.

Anyway make sure the tiler tiles your floor evenly. These guys tend to to very reckless just laying tiles without using a level for the sake of speed. If that happens you will find your floor tilting here and there. Thats what happened to mine, one end to the other was a good 18mm differences and I made them hack and re-did a protion of my floor.

Good luck

Edited by artng

Just got back from meeting the HDB contractors.. I'm changing my floor tiles to all white!:yamseng: luckily they got white one.. a better choice for me..

Then the kitchen one and toilet, i will change to another kind of tiles, of my liking, but have to top up for the tiles. But cheap!:notti: Only $80 for bathroom, and $300+ for kitchen floor, service balcony, bomb shelter. (I'm not sure if it includes the wall) If it is, its good!

He brought us to another unit to see.. nice!:jawdrop:

So happy.. i can now save a lot for all my tiles..

Going to get them to do all the hacking also.. coz they are quite cheap... And they get do all at the same time... save my time and cost also...

Just got back from meeting the HDB contractors.. I'm changing my floor tiles to all white!:yamseng: luckily they got white one.. a better choice for me..

Then the kitchen one and toilet, i will change to another kind of tiles, of my liking, but have to top up for the tiles. But cheap!:dunno: Only $80 for bathroom, and $300+ for kitchen floor, service balcony, bomb shelter. (I'm not sure if it includes the wall) If it is, its good!

He brought us to another unit to see.. nice!:(

So happy.. i can now save a lot for all my tiles..

Going to get them to do all the hacking also.. coz they are quite cheap... And they get do all at the same time... save my time and cost also...

Congrats ! You're very lucky

So which item is free from HDB?

The tiles?

The hacking, sand, materials

The labour for tiling?

Haulage?

Washing?

Congrats ! You're very lucky

So which item is free from HDB?

The tiles?

The hacking, sand, materials

The labour for tiling?

Haulage?

Washing?

Yup.. The tiles for the living room and bed rooms are all free coz they have the design i want. (actually i just want plain white).

All the hacking and materials, labour, washing etc etc..

Except for the tiles in kitchen and bathroom i have to top up because i am choosing another design. But the labour for that will be waived off by hdb.. so i will only be topping up for the tiles.

Yup.. The tiles for the living room and bed rooms are all free coz they have the design i want. (actually i just want plain white).

All the hacking and materials, labour, washing etc etc..

Except for the tiles in kitchen and bathroom i have to top up because i am choosing another design. But the labour for that will be waived off by hdb.. so i will only be topping up for the tiles.

Even if you top up is still a good deal, cos you will nvr get this kinda price if you source your own contractor!

:good: Show some pics of your new tiles k? :lol: