Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
segarian

Bt Pangjang - Segar Road Resident

ya, 482 is near to mine, where is yours facing, the open field? this place is indeed serene and the residents are pretty young. i am surprised to see so many pple jogging and walking in the mornings and evenings! so on!

my layout totally different from yours.

floorplan-layoutcropped.jpg

we engaged a contractor, and we really did very little. So all those i read and learnt on renotalk, din all come into use hahaha!

Hi, do you have false ceiling in the house already? I think it's already provided by HDB. If so, it will be wonderful if you can help us measure the ceiling height. That's one part of the info which we require so urgently but not able to get until we receive our keys :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, do you have false ceiling in the house already? I think it's already provided by HDB. If so, it will be wonderful if you can help us measure the ceiling height. That's one part of the info which we require so urgently but not able to get until we receive our keys :bangwall:

Hi!

Mine is 92sqm, only 2sqm difference. Think I had viewed another unit which is a mirror image of your layout. I found the kitchen quite challenging, and not much place to hang clothes and put my stuff. We have false ceiling in the house, but it's done by the previous owner. Dun think HDB will do the false ceiling.

Which floor are you on? I dun mind measuring but mine is top floor, the ceiling is higher than the rest. So, if I measure, might not ne useful to you.

Sent you a PM too, on my reno :)

wow, finally someone is replying to this thread, for a moment i thought segarians here are no more segarians.. become seng kangians, punggolians or yishunites, maybe clementeens,?? :notti:

Anyway, a big hellooooo to our new neighbours into this estate.

Yes indeed this estate is abit on the quiet side.... you can almost hear each other if shout across the blocks. LoL....

have fun exploring segar and bukit panjang!!!

Edited by king solomon

wow, finally someone is replying to this thread, for a moment i thought segarians here are no more segarians.. become seng kangians, punggolians or yishunites, maybe clementeens,?? :notti:

Anyway, a big hellooooo to our new neighbours into this estate.

Yes indeed this estate is abit on the quiet side.... you can almost hear each other if shout across the blocks. LoL....

have fun exploring segar and bukit panjang!!!

hi solomon, which block are u at huh?

blk 469

Yo yo yo! Any info to share with us? Is 469 the same as 482? The roundish kinda internal... Terrible odd shape at 91sqm. You have a reno blog to share? :)

Yo yo yo! Any info to share with us? Is 469 the same as 482? The roundish kinda internal... Terrible odd shape at 91sqm. You have a reno blog to share? :)

yoz.. hieee.... 469 is not the same as 482....layout totally different... as you noticed the blocks in blk 465 area and 482 area looks different.

yoz.. hieee.... 469 is not the same as 482....layout totally different... as you noticed the blocks in blk 465 area and 482 area looks different.

Oic, thanks for reverting and sharing. I have not moved there yet...thus still not familiar with the environment and flat types. Hoping to meet someone whom can share with me how they dressed up this odd shape house. Cheers :yamseng:

Oic, thanks for reverting and sharing. I have not moved there yet...thus still not familiar with the environment and flat types. Hoping to meet someone whom can share with me how they dressed up this odd shape house. Cheers :yamseng:

i guess odded shape will have its odd shaped advantages ba....your contractor / ID should have its ways to do it up for you! :sport-smiley-003:

Anyway, did you all noticed today's My Paper article in the front, it says that a resident living in Segar Road took 90mins to reach orchard.... i was like erm scratching my head... :dunno: i took half an hour to reach far east plaza via 190 or 700.... when i read further then i realised that this resident took the LRT then the MRT from choa chu kang for 1 big round around the northern area towards yishun side then arrived at orchard... no wonder 90mins... personally, staying in segar since 2006, i have never taken the mrt to town coz i feel taking the buses are far more convenient and faster and also cheaper :deal: hehehhee...

well the announcement about the DTL phase 2 is definitely good news to the bukit panjang residents especially the petir residents.. but hey we are 3 stops away from petir, ( Fajar *thats where I start taking the LRT from*, Bangkit, Pending, Petir ) so not so bad.... 7years more... hang in there.... property prices in bukit panjang sure to be going up in 1 way or another ba i guess...... :sport-smiley-004:

ya ya...I heard it over the news few times. Steady. Hope our 'investment' will sore. :notti:

By the way, after seeing a few IDs, we have decided to be our own ID. Only engaging them to facilitate the project and perhaps maximising on their one-stop-service for reno. All their 'so call' ideas are far more too expensive and not realistic. The better 'priced' and recommended ones from this site are all too busy to take on more clients. Sigh... Might as well, can put my 'eyes-for-details-to-test'. You have a reno blog? Would love to see your achievement :)

ya ya...I heard it over the news few times. Steady. Hope our 'investment' will sore. :notti:

By the way, after seeing a few IDs, we have decided to be our own ID. Only engaging them to facilitate the project and perhaps maximising on their one-stop-service for reno. All their 'so call' ideas are far more too expensive and not realistic. The better 'priced' and recommended ones from this site are all too busy to take on more clients. Sigh... Might as well, can put my 'eyes-for-details-to-test'. You have a reno blog? Would love to see your achievement :)

PM-ed you!!

No, i dont have reno blog....

PM-ed you!!

No, i dont have reno blog....

hello...is this thread still alive?!?! :P

Abt the DTL, I heard it's going to be built somewhere near the Linear right?? Then also not very convenient??

If take LRT to Petir...then have to talk a distance to the MRT....

hello...is this thread still alive?!?! :P

Abt the DTL, I heard it's going to be built somewhere near the Linear right?? Then also not very convenient??

If take LRT to Petir...then have to talk a distance to the MRT....

Bukit Panjang's DTL will be so near yet so far away even for those at lompang. They cited challenges directing the MRT into Bukit Panjang estate but I think diverting the MRT thru raffles, city hall and orchard was even more challenging

Bukit Panjang's DTL will be so near yet so far away even for those at lompang. They cited challenges directing the MRT into Bukit Panjang estate but I think diverting the MRT thru raffles, city hall and orchard was even more challenging

I agree....the DTL to me is not exactly that convenient

i guess odded shape will have its odd shaped advantages ba....your contractor / ID should have its ways to do it up for you! :sport-smiley-003:

Anyway, did you all noticed today's My Paper article in the front, it says that a resident living in Segar Road took 90mins to reach orchard.... i was like erm scratching my head... :dunno: i took half an hour to reach far east plaza via 190 or 700.... when i read further then i realised that this resident took the LRT then the MRT from choa chu kang for 1 big round around the northern area towards yishun side then arrived at orchard... no wonder 90mins... personally, staying in segar since 2006, i have never taken the mrt to town coz i feel taking the buses are far more convenient and faster and also cheaper :deal: hehehhee...

well the announcement about the DTL phase 2 is definitely good news to the bukit panjang residents especially the petir residents.. but hey we are 3 stops away from petir, ( Fajar *thats where I start taking the LRT from*, Bangkit, Pending, Petir ) so not so bad.... 7years more... hang in there.... property prices in bukit panjang sure to be going up in 1 way or another ba i guess...... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi,

May I know how do you travel from Segar Road to the bus stop for 190/700?

The distance between Segar Road and the nearest bus stop for 190/700 is slightly more than 1 km. If I walk, I will need about 15 minutes. If I take LRT to Bukit Panjang interchange, probably it will also be about 15 minutes inclusive of waiting time and a bit of time for walking as well.

If 190/700 arrives in about 10 minutes from the time I reach the bus stop and then it takes 30 minutes to travel to Orchard, then I would have spent a total of 55 minutes on travelling from my home to Orchard.

Anyway, just to point out that the above timings are just my estimations on my average timings of taking public transport. On a separate note, the fastest record I could ever achieve, from boarding 190 in Bukit Panjang (bus stop 44261) to alighting in Orchard (bus stop 09047) was 19 minutes. This record was made about 3 years ago on a weekday night with very low traffic on the road.