Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
segarian

Bt Pangjang - Segar Road Resident

Hihi, I am still here... this thread is very quiet.... anybody around?

Have people around but not much to comment on it.

After all, sports complex they already drew out the plans, and publish it and send it to the public. And also said in the papers will confirm start building by end of last year... until now no news. So I guess we will have to wait until we pay them more millions of dollars before they will decide where the sports complex should be.

Just have to lower your expectations of building MRT here based on current experience.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After all, sports complex they already drew out the plans, and publish it and send it to the public. And also said in the papers will confirm start building by end of last year... until now no news. So I guess we will have to wait until we pay them more millions of dollars before they will decide where the sports complex should be.

Just have to lower your expectations of building MRT here based on current experience.

hmm... didnt know about the news leh....

have you moved in already?

But heard that they are going to shift the interchange here to accomodate the mrt line at bt panjang LRT...duno how true it is.....maybe wait 10 years lor....

But heard that they are going to shift the interchange here to accomodate the mrt line at bt panjang LRT...duno how true it is.....maybe wait 10 years lor....

i think certain plans are quite concrete liao.... cos the prices of the flats around this area went up by around 20k.... luckily we bought the flats before the prices went up...

i think certain plans are quite concrete liao.... cos the prices of the flats around this area went up by around 20k.... luckily we bought the flats before the prices went up...

Wow serious?? Went up by 20K?? When did you buy your flat?? I bought mine in Aug last year....

My next door neighbour (at segar) just sold their 4-room flat for 220K and I think that was quite a good price to fetch for a 4-room around that area considering the inconvenient part...

Wow serious?? Went up by 20K?? When did you buy your flat?? I bought mine in Aug last year....

My next door neighbour (at segar) just sold their 4-room flat for 220K and I think that was quite a good price to fetch for a 4-room around that area considering the inconvenient part...

I bought mine in Jan this year... cos my relative also looking at the flats around this area and they happened to find that the prices are different compared to Jan... went up by 20+k for EA... wow...

Now that i think about it, realised that after we completed the transaction in Jan, the WIS closed and HDB blocked the area for 1 or 2 months before releasing again in April with the price increase....

I bought mine in Jan this year... cos my relative also looking at the flats around this area and they happened to find that the prices are different compared to Jan... went up by 20+k for EA... wow...

Now that i think about it, realised that after we completed the transaction in Jan, the WIS closed and HDB blocked the area for 1 or 2 months before releasing again in April with the price increase....

I guess the price increase came after HDB announced the last of the WIS exercise. Cos when we bought ours that time, my friend's friend (already living in segar road) said prices have dropped alot than when they first bought it.....not sure how much the price is now though....but for an EA, I must say the price that we paid is quite ok...

I guess the price increase came after HDB announced the last of the WIS exercise. Cos when we bought ours that time, my friend's friend (already living in segar road) said prices have dropped alot than when they first bought it.....not sure how much the price is now though....but for an EA, I must say the price that we paid is quite ok...

ya i agree... many of my friends commented that the price is cheap for an EA.... as compared to other areas....

how's your reno? completed? when you targeting to shift in?

ya i agree... many of my friends commented that the price is cheap for an EA.... as compared to other areas....

how's your reno? completed? when you targeting to shift in?

Ya many of my friends said that too....nowadays the size of EA is smaller...used to have EAs with 146 and above sqm...woodlands area has EAs of up to 154sqm...but all those flats very old liao....think if only 2 ppl staying nia, no need so big also..

Yup my reno completed but still pending some minor touch ups.....dun't think will be shifting in so soon cos need to balek save up to buy furniture lor.... sob sob...very dry now...

Your reno completed? When u moving in?

Ya many of my friends said that too....nowadays the size of EA is smaller...used to have EAs with 146 and above sqm...woodlands area has EAs of up to 154sqm...but all those flats very old liao....think if only 2 ppl staying nia, no need so big also..

Yup my reno completed but still pending some minor touch ups.....dun't think will be shifting in so soon cos need to balek save up to buy furniture lor.... sob sob...very dry now...

Your reno completed? When u moving in?

my reno only halfway done.... now into second week only... most of my furnitures all bought le.... pending for delivery... me too very very dry now... still got wedding somemore.... *sign*

thinking of moving in by July cos my reno targeting to complete by end June... but dunno yet leh... cos my solemnization and customary next year Jan... so not sure if its a good idea... we are ok but dunno parents will object or not... but then again, not good to leave the place empty... maybe will start shifting in bit by bit.... You ROMed already?

Oh ya if i remember correctly. you are the one who ask abt the storage heater rite? My contractor say no prob if we want to have storage heater but he will have to connect the pipings from common bathroom to MBR bathroom.... so what did you do eventually on the heaters?

my reno only halfway done.... now into second week only... most of my furnitures all bought le.... pending for delivery... me too very very dry now... still got wedding somemore.... *sign*

thinking of moving in by July cos my reno targeting to complete by end June... but dunno yet leh... cos my solemnization and customary next year Jan... so not sure if its a good idea... we are ok but dunno parents will object or not... but then again, not good to leave the place empty... maybe will start shifting in bit by bit.... You ROMed already?

Oh ya if i remember correctly. you are the one who ask abt the storage heater rite? My contractor say no prob if we want to have storage heater but he will have to connect the pipings from common bathroom to MBR bathroom.... so what did you do eventually on the heaters?

I haven't ROM yet....will be having my ROM in June but customary and dinner only next year Feb....ya we didn't want to leave the house empty for too long too but duno if it's ok to move in before that cos scared parents object....

Ya that's what my ID told us too but he said we would be able to see exposed pipings running across the MBR....so in the end, we put the storage heater in the MBR toilet and bought an additional instant heater for our common toilet....haiz...

I haven't ROM yet....will be having my ROM in June but customary and dinner only next year Feb....ya we didn't want to leave the house empty for too long too but duno if it's ok to move in before that cos scared parents object....

Ya that's what my ID told us too but he said we would be able to see exposed pipings running across the MBR....so in the end, we put the storage heater in the MBR toilet and bought an additional instant heater for our common toilet....haiz...

you bought 1 storage heater for only MBR toilet ah? hmm... that's a bit wasted leh... i bought storage heater for both MBR and common toilet... but not sure how contractor going to run the pipings... hope the pipes wun be too ugly...

you bought 1 storage heater for only MBR toilet ah? hmm... that's a bit wasted leh... i bought storage heater for both MBR and common toilet... but not sure how contractor going to run the pipings... hope the pipes wun be too ugly...

Ya lor...cos i want warm water from my tap in my MBR toilet mah...so no choice lor....instant heater cannot have warm water from tap....some more the storage heater i initially bought is 30L one leh...so i have a 30L storage heater in my MBR toilet....can bathe for very long with hot hot water....haha....had wanted to change to a 15L one...but very tired with the reno liao....so in the end, nvr change...

How much your reno cost?

Soon to be Bukit Panjang resident. Have bought Blk 230, just a little 3room flat.

Current Headache

Move house - End June

Renovations - Mid July - End Aug

Move in - Sep

Don't want to move anymore.

Soon to be Bukit Panjang resident. Have bought Blk 230, just a little 3room flat.

Current Headache

Move house - End June

Renovations - Mid July - End Aug

Move in - Sep

Don't want to move anymore.

Hihi...welcome to Bt Panjang! How come move house 2 times? You will be putting up at a temporary residence before shifting into your new home?