Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khee

Base Coat

I noticed my ID uses other Jotun as base coat instead of Dulux where we choose the color... Is it common that ID uses different brand of base coat or usually they need to use the same brand thru out?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I noticed my ID uses other Jotun as base coat instead of Dulux where we choose the color... Is it common that ID uses different brand of base coat or usually they need to use the same brand thru out?

that depend what colour you choose. usually they only paint 2 layers but for darker colour, need more layers if you dun want your walls to look patchy so they use cheaper paint for base..

or actual wall already painted.

or how much you paid them..lol

painted my hot pink for 5 layers. that is because the wall uneven. dun want to spent another $600 or more for plastering.. too much spent already. but now i regret. ha!

just my 2 cents of answer.

that depend what colour you choose. usually they only paint 2 layers but for darker colour, need more layers if you dun want your walls to look patchy so they use cheaper paint for base..

or actual wall already painted.

or how much you paid them..lol

painted my hot pink for 5 layers. that is because the wall uneven. dun want to spent another $600 or more for plastering.. too much spent already. but now i regret. ha!

just my 2 cents of answer.

light colors... just went up to take a look.. seems ok to me... I am still in the mid of renovating... Cabinet still not up... the ID said the painting is for base... after everything completed they will give a finishing coat... $1200 for the whole hse...