Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angelous666

Home Of The Blessed @ Renotalk

Wow, its been a busy May - Oct and it seems like I've been reduced to a semi-annual forum member biggrin.gif! Work has pretty much tied the both of us down and we've not had anytime to continue on our half done home deco in the last 6 months but we've finally taken a next step these two weeks!

After moving in for more than 1.5years, the apartment is starting to feel really hard and cold considering that we've not really added much of a human touch to the renovation. As such, we decided to buy some plants to soften the feel of the house, and add some life to the otherwise stone-and-steel feel of our renovation. I was initially looking for bamboo (not the small ones, but the thin and tall ones) for the balcony. Sadly, we've been around town and never found anyone selling them. As a result, myself and wifey decided that we would buy one other plant we like each, and put them in the apartment, making our purchases at Far East Flora.

IMG-20111126-00118.jpg

I chose the above, but frankly, I am not sure what the plant is called! bleah.gif

IMG-20111126-00119.jpg

Wife chose the mother-in-law tongue. Hope its not a sign of more nagging in times to come. Hahahaha.

Well, I'm still in search for my elusive bamboo plant, so if you happen to have any idea, please PM me okay? Thanks!!

To end off, I'd like to say that WOW, the new projects on the T-Blogs are amazing. Brings back memories of the days I was going through my own renovation.. I wish you guys good luck and congratulations on your new homes!yamseng.gif

P.S. The user interface of the forum has really changed in the last 6 months! Looking good and nice to know the admins are upgrading this place :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi angelous666,

You house is breathtaking.

Love all the elements,wood for platform, island kitchen, awesome bathroom,

also the hidden utility. lastly the greens to add the human touch. nice...

Well done.

I smile and go AAaaa Wowww....my Jaw cannot close already. Sometime drop to the floor every time a picture pop up . :jawdrop:

PS - My friend bought Bamboo Large stem at Tanjong Katong Complex Level 1 , there is a big flower decor shop sells all the artificial floral arrangement.

Also if you want to get the 'Like Real Flowers'unique Flowers or something like that, I always splurge on the floral arrangement during festive period.Never go to else where every since. Go to IMM Level 1 for Steve Florist. or his another location, 298 Beach Road . The flowers are always 'talking' to me to take them home ..'Be warn.

Edited by iamnorah

Hi angelous666,

You house is breathtaking.

Love all the elements,wood for platform, island kitchen, awesome bathroom,

also the hidden utility. lastly the greens to add the human touch. nice...

Well done.

I smile and go AAaaa Wowww....my Jaw cannot close already. Sometime drop to the floor every time a picture pop up . :jawdrop:

PS - My friend bought Bamboo Large stem at Tanjong Katong Complex Level 1 , there is a big flower decor shop sells all the artificial floral arrangement.

Also if you want to get the 'Like Real Flowers'unique Flowers or something like that, I always splurge on the floral arrangement during festive period.Never go to else where every since. Go to IMM Level 1 for Steve Florist. or his another location, 298 Beach Road . The flowers are always 'talking' to me to take them home ..'Be warn.

Tks Norah for your compliments :)

I'm gonna check out the flower shop you mentioned in Tg Katong over the weekend! Have yet to find place selling those nice bamboo plants yet. Yeah, flowers and plants really add a lot of life into the apartment, especially given how straight cut the reno of the house is. Right now I'm spending my weekends looking for nice vases and flowers to deco the hse, especially with CNY coming.. Wondering if I should buy those mandarin orange shrubs that are being sold everywhere of late.. hahaha

I'm still have a living space in my old dinning area that is completely un-furnished, so that will probably be my next update once I figure out what to do with that space. Its currently used to play Mahjong under our spot lights... WahAHAHAH. Oh yeah, I am also seriously considering buying those hanging egg chairs as the final addition to my balcony, but it will be damaging to my pocket man... ughh.

Also, Happy 2012 to all reno-talk members, and best of luck for the new year! And for the guys that will embark on their reno this year, I wish you guys good luck and congratulations on your new home in advance good.gif

Edited by angelous666

Tks Norah for your compliments :)

I'm gonna check out the flower shop you mentioned in Tg Katong over the weekend! Have yet to find place selling those nice bamboo plants yet. Yeah, flowers and plants really add a lot of life into the apartment, especially given how straight cut the reno of the house is. Right now I'm spending my weekends looking for nice vases and flowers to deco the hse, especially with CNY coming.. Wondering if I should buy those mandarin orange shrubs that are being sold everywhere of late.. hahaha

I'm still have a living space in my old dinning area that is completely un-furnished, so that will probably be my next update once I figure out what to do with that space. Its currently used to play Mahjong under our spot lights... WahAHAHAH. Oh yeah, I am also seriously considering buying those hanging egg chairs as the final addition to my balcony, but it will be damaging to my pocket man... ughh.

Also, Happy 2012 to all reno-talk members, and best of luck for the new year! And for the guys that will embark on their reno this year, I wish you guys good luck and congratulations on your new home in advance good.gif

Nice to see you around still in RT!

Talk about un-furnished and un-finished business, likewise, my games room is NEVER done up yet. hahaha

Happy New Year too!

Nice to see you around still in RT!

Talk about un-furnished and un-finished business, likewise, my games room is NEVER done up yet. hahaha

Happy New Year too!

Happy New Year! hahaha. It has been a while and hope your are having loads of fun with the deco now that reno is over and done with. yamseng.gif

Speaking of your games room, I've just got the Fiber Optics installed in my home. It was a bit of a pain due to the extra trunking that I couldn't conceal but we managed to hide the termination point away with a thin trunking running along kickboard from the door to my Living room.

Not sure if you guys have are converting or have already converted to Fiber, but **** it is fast. I recommend TP Link Powerline Network adapters to turn almost every single power point in your home into an ethernet port. The whole home is now wired and we can watch movies and share files almost anywhere in the apartment! Am a bit of a tech geek but if anyone looking to do concealed wiring, I strongly recommend doing some proper planning and having some expansion options built in for the future. (Speaking of which, I'd prolly post up some pics of my wire configurations to share)thumbsup.gif

P.S. a PS3 might be a bane for the wives, but it doubles up as a media server, Blu-Ray player and Web Browser on your TV all at once. Use a HDMI cable to connect and you can reduce your wiring count by half, and save on having to buy other electronic devices!

Happy New Year! hahaha. It has been a while and hope your are having loads of fun with the deco now that reno is over and done with. yamseng.gif

Speaking of your games room, I've just got the Fiber Optics installed in my home. It was a bit of a pain due to the extra trunking that I couldn't conceal but we managed to hide the termination point away with a thin trunking running along kickboard from the door to my Living room.

Not sure if you guys have are converting or have already converted to Fiber, but **** it is fast. I recommend TP Link Powerline Network adapters to turn almost every single power point in your home into an ethernet port. The whole home is now wired and we can watch movies and share files almost anywhere in the apartment! Am a bit of a tech geek but if anyone looking to do concealed wiring, I strongly recommend doing some proper planning and having some expansion options built in for the future. (Speaking of which, I'd prolly post up some pics of my wire configurations to share)thumbsup.gif

P.S. a PS3 might be a bane for the wives, but it doubles up as a media server, Blu-Ray player and Web Browser on your TV all at once. Use a HDMI cable to connect and you can reduce your wiring count by half, and save on having to buy other electronic devices!

true story! haha..

and tks for the network adapters!

cause seemingly after closing the mbr doors, i suffer major signal loss from the connection

Wah.. 1.5yrs after moving in, here is a new "101" I am going to put up.

FIBRE OPTICS and Cable Planning 101.

OK, for most of us who live in HDBs, we'd already had the chance for a free installation of a Fibre Optic Termination point in our home. If you missed the time period for your estate, I have heard that you can still call up and request for that free installation which would otherwise have cost you about 250SGD. My installation took about 30mins but that was only because the wiring required was very simple (5meters and no drilling) and there was no furniture moving required. Please plan and move your stuff in advance as my parents had to spend 2 hours to get just the termination point installed! The protocol is to have the termination point installed near a power outlet, but I managed to convince the installation guys to tuck it away at a little corner without disturbing the rest of my electrical wirings. Phew..

IMG-20120105-00155.jpg

Termination Point installed next to my wall unit where I store my entertainment system. I didn't want an extra trunking so I stuck the optic cable to the wall with blue tack.

I'm a Singtel user (with my Mio box in the storeroom) and I need to warn you guys that the power adapters for their devices are HUGE! You can go to Sim Lim to buy the smaller ones but I really didn't want to spend the money. Those with spacial constraints at their power points might have to consider those options though. Anyway, you will need at least 2 power points: 1 for the Fiber Optic decoder (this white little box) and 1 for the Modem/Router (the black one). If you want Mio TV, that is one more, and if you use the power-line Ethernet you need a fourth. That is a lot of power points you need at a single spot. Singtel also provides free Ethernet cabling into one of your rooms if you want to place your modem near your PC, but you will need to send a wire right back to your Mio box.

Plan before you install.

I just installed and placed everything in the same shelf. Decoder, Modem, Starhub, Power-line Ethernet and Mio (Sometimes). The picture below shows my messy topshelf with my PS3 tucked away below it. The lighting was bad when I took the picture, so you can't really see what is in the bottom shelf.

IMG-20120105-00159.jpg

If you are wondering how many cables I have in the top shelf, you are in for a big treat.

3 power cables for Decoder/modem/starhub. (1 more for the Mio Box stored in the cupboard)

3 Ethernet Cables: decoder - modem, modem - powerline, modem - Mio

2 HDMI Cables for Mio and Starhub.

1 RF Cable for Starhub

That's a whooping 10cables in my topshelf that is 40cm across and 25cm tall! (Yes, I actually planned for fiber expansion before I started my reno)

IMG-20120105-00156.jpg

The powerline Ethernet saves you on ugly wiring while giving you a home wide Ethernet system.

Ok, so that was the topshelf, and the bottom shelf is just my PS3 which doubles up as everything else: Equalizer, Media Server, Blu-Ray player, Web Browser, PS3(duh). One more HDMI cable extends from it, and another set of power points in the second shelf powers the TV, soundbar and PS3. There are a total of 4 power points in my shelf and they are at their limit with the double plugs before it becomes a fire hazard.

IMG-20120105-00161.jpg

Yup, this is the entire home entertainment system with the exception of the wireless sub woofer tucked beside my sofa.

So there is actually a lot of planning to do when setting up your entertainment system and connectivity solutions. Fail to plan and plan to see a lot of extra trunking at home, and if you had previously spent effort to conceal as much wiring as possible, it will ruin all your efforts. Hope the wives reading this post will think about this before leaving the electronics to the husbands! hahaha

Edited by angelous666

IMG-20110411-00080.jpg

Hi,

may I know where did you buy the dish drainer?

can give me the dimension as well?

looking for something that can be integrated to my sink as well

Thanks

Edited by vhardono

Wah.. 1.5yrs after moving in, here is a new "101" I am going to put up.

FIBRE OPTICS and Cable Planning 101.

OK, for most of us who live in HDBs, we'd already had the chance for a free installation of a Fibre Optic Termination point in our home. If you missed the time period for your estate, I have heard that you can still call up and request for that free installation which would otherwise have cost you about 250SGD. My installation took about 30mins but that was only because the wiring required was very simple (5meters and no drilling) and there was no furniture moving required. Please plan and move your stuff in advance as my parents had to spend 2 hours to get just the termination point installed! The protocol is to have the termination point installed near a power outlet, but I managed to convince the installation guys to tuck it away at a little corner without disturbing the rest of my electrical wirings. Phew..

IMG-20120105-00155.jpg

Termination Point installed next to my wall unit where I store my entertainment system. I didn't want an extra trunking so I stuck the optic cable to the wall with blue tack.

I'm a Singtel user (with my Mio box in the storeroom) and I need to warn you guys that the power adapters for their devices are HUGE! You can go to Sim Lim to buy the smaller ones but I really didn't want to spend the money. Those with spacial constraints at their power points might have to consider those options though. Anyway, you will need at least 2 power points: 1 for the Fiber Optic decoder (this white little box) and 1 for the Modem/Router (the black one). If you want Mio TV, that is one more, and if you use the power-line Ethernet you need a fourth. That is a lot of power points you need at a single spot. Singtel also provides free Ethernet cabling into one of your rooms if you want to place your modem near your PC, but you will need to send a wire right back to your Mio box.

Plan before you install.

I just installed and placed everything in the same shelf. Decoder, Modem, Starhub, Power-line Ethernet and Mio (Sometimes). The picture below shows my messy topshelf with my PS3 tucked away below it. The lighting was bad when I took the picture, so you can't really see what is in the bottom shelf.

IMG-20120105-00159.jpg

If you are wondering how many cables I have in the top shelf, you are in for a big treat.

3 power cables for Decoder/modem/starhub. (1 more for the Mio Box stored in the cupboard)

3 Ethernet Cables: decoder - modem, modem - powerline, modem - Mio

2 HDMI Cables for Mio and Starhub.

1 RF Cable for Starhub

That's a whooping 10cables in my topshelf that is 40cm across and 25cm tall! (Yes, I actually planned for fiber expansion before I started my reno)

IMG-20120105-00156.jpg

The powerline Ethernet saves you on ugly wiring while giving you a home wide Ethernet system.

Ok, so that was the topshelf, and the bottom shelf is just my PS3 which doubles up as everything else: Equalizer, Media Server, Blu-Ray player, Web Browser, PS3(duh). One more HDMI cable extends from it, and another set of power points in the second shelf powers the TV, soundbar and PS3. There are a total of 4 power points in my shelf and they are at their limit with the double plugs before it becomes a fire hazard.

IMG-20120105-00161.jpg

Yup, this is the entire home entertainment system with the exception of the wireless sub woofer tucked beside my sofa.

So there is actually a lot of planning to do when setting up your entertainment system and connectivity solutions. Fail to plan and plan to see a lot of extra trunking at home, and if you had previously spent effort to conceal as much wiring as possible, it will ruin all your efforts. Hope the wives reading this post will think about this before leaving the electronics to the husbands! hahaha

Wow, you have an amazing house there.

Mind sharing the total of the reno, as we are also planning ours soon and would like to have a rough guide on how much we should be looking at.

And saw that you have some QC issues about the work done for your home. To that extend, would you still recommend the ID firm?

Hi,

may I know where did you buy the dish drainer?

can give me the dimension as well?

looking for something that can be integrated to my sink as well

Thanks

Vhardono, I think my wife bought it from Giant supermarket.. Hahaha. Its adjustable and probably 25cm long and 10cm wide?

Its not the really high end integrated sink drainer and if memory serves me right, it should cost you around 5-15bucks. thumbsup.gif

Wow, you have an amazing house there.

Mind sharing the total of the reno, as we are also planning ours soon and would like to have a rough guide on how much we should be looking at.

And saw that you have some QC issues about the work done for your home. To that extend, would you still recommend the ID firm?

Hi Clouds, thanks for the compliments!

I think Earnest Interiors is still pretty decent despite all the mishaps. Looking back, there were a fair bit of misunderstandings and unforeseen delays that caused some unhappiness but I'm pretty sure all of us will go through some sort of such agony as we do our Reno.

Will PM you about the costs. Congratulations on your new place in advance. yamseng.gif

Hihi! I love ur long island! Gonna start sourcing for my next flat in May (shd b 5rm or EA) but A lil concern abt e Reno costs.. Mind PM me e Reno cost for ur EA? Heee.. TIA!

Vhardono, I think my wife bought it from Giant supermarket.. Hahaha. Its adjustable and probably 25cm long and 10cm wide?

Its not the really high end integrated sink drainer and if memory serves me right, it should cost you around 5-15bucks. thumbsup.gif

Hi Clouds, thanks for the compliments!

I think Earnest Interiors is still pretty decent despite all the mishaps. Looking back, there were a fair bit of misunderstandings and unforeseen delays that caused some unhappiness but I'm pretty sure all of us will go through some sort of such agony as we do our Reno.

Will PM you about the costs. Congratulations on your new place in advance. yamseng.gif

Hi, saw the pics of your lovely home.

Realli like the design theme, esp the long island in the kitchen and your feature wall.

Getting my keys soon for my EA, mind to share the costs of the reno ( quotations etc ).

Realli having a hardtime finding the right ID.

have a nice day.

Hi, saw the pics of your lovely home.

Realli like the design theme, esp the long island in the kitchen and your feature wall.

Getting my keys soon for my EA, mind to share the costs of the reno ( quotations etc ).

Realli having a hardtime finding the right ID.

have a nice day.

Nice kitchen!excl.gif Nice place to chill out

Thanks guys :)

happy mommy congratulations on your new apartment! check your PM.

hi there, after reading thru 3 pages of your posting, i sort of like to consider earnest. :good:

if you could email me the contact (email or mobile)of your ID and (if it is convenient to do so, will you also throw in your quotes for reference)

whatever you can advice is appreciated. :bow:

thank you and God bless :P

Peter

email address: peteryeo@hotmail.com

:seeya: