Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
epigram

Aircon Quotation

Hi,

I got this aircon quotation from a company that my ID works with frequently. I don't mind paying a slight premium since they are familiar with each other and so will have better co-ordination but the price seems a bit off when I compare with coolserve online prices?

Are the prices too high? Appreciate any comments!

Option 1

Daikin

3MKD 75DVM+FTKD 25DVM+FTKD 50FVM $3,130

3MKD 75DVM+FTKD 25DVM*2+FTKD 50FVM $3,850

Option 2

Mitsubishi Electric

MXY-3A28VA+MSY-GE10VA+MSY-GE24VA $3,000.00

MXY-3A28VA+MSY-GE10VA*2+MSY-GE24VA $3,790.00

Price inclusive of 7% GST and 6/8 inch insulation

Brand of insulation not stated.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I got this aircon quotation from a company that my ID works with frequently. I don't mind paying a slight premium since they are familiar with each other and so will have better co-ordination but the price seems a bit off when I compare with coolserve online prices?

Are the prices too high? Appreciate any comments!

Option 1

Daikin

3MKD 75DVM+FTKD 25DVM*2+FTKD 50FVM $3,850

Option 2

Mitsubishi Electric

MXY-3A28VA+MSY-GE10VA*2+MSY-GE24VA $3,790.00

Price inclusive of 7% GST and 6/8 inch insulation

Brand of insulation not stated.

I just order a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 4 invertor at $3399.

I think if ur house is big, u need to take into consideration the BTU rather than the brand itslf only. StarMex BTU stand at 28k, MHI compressor = 32k

That extra 4k is helpful if u need to on all units through the night.

I think for system 3, market rate is about $2700 to $2900 can get , system 4 $3200 to $3500 can get.

Few things to take note:

1. Insulation material, are they using class "1" or class "0" . Class 0 is better material, commonly used by industrial usage, thus need better quality. Class 1 is basic insulation fire-resistant type. Both r approved by HDB one. Class 1 commonly used since cheaper.

2. Dismantling and discarding old air con (if any). Make sure they dont charge any of this or any labour. Suppose to be inclusive into the price.

3. If u are getting a resale flat, get them to give bracket FOC. It usually cost $100 +/-

4. If u are getting inverter technology, make sure u get extended warranty. My original warranty is 1 yr (all parts for compressor and units + labour) + 4 yr (compressor only). The chip board of the inverter technology cost $800 +/- if spoilt to replace. And its covered only 1 year. So i bought an extended warranty. For an additional $300, i got all parts,labour, transport covered for compressor and units, meaning if anything spoilt during the 1st 5 yrs, i spend $0 to get it repaired/replaced. I think its a decent amount to pay for a peace of mind for 5 yrs.

Your ID will definitely get some referral $ from the air con guy.You decide whether he deserves this referral or not lor. If u buy else where, the coordination is no problem one. Once the flooring is done (before cornice andL-box), get the air con guy and your ID to meet together with u, and u direct them where to situate your units. Ur ID will say nice/practical or not. The air con guy will say whether can be done or not. Once settled, air con guy can start work right away for the piping.

I just order a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 4 invertor at $3399.

I think if ur house is big, u need to take into consideration the BTU rather than the brand itslf only. StarMex BTU stand at 28k, MHI compressor = 32k

That extra 4k is helpful if u need to on all units through the night.

I think for system 3, market rate is about $2700 to $2900 can get , system 4 $3200 to $3500 can get.

Few things to take note:

1. Insulation material, are they using class "1" or class "0" . Class 0 is better material, commonly used by industrial usage, thus need better quality. Class 1 is basic insulation fire-resistant type. Both r approved by HDB one. Class 1 commonly used since cheaper.

2. Dismantling and discarding old air con (if any). Make sure they dont charge any of this or any labour. Suppose to be inclusive into the price.

3. If u are getting a resale flat, get them to give bracket FOC. It usually cost $100 +/-

4. If u are getting inverter technology, make sure u get extended warranty. My original warranty is 1 yr (all parts for compressor and units + labour) + 4 yr (compressor only). The chip board of the inverter technology cost $800 +/- if spoilt to replace. And its covered only 1 year. So i bought an extended warranty. For an additional $300, i got all parts,labour, transport covered for compressor and units, meaning if anything spoilt during the 1st 5 yrs, i spend $0 to get it repaired/replaced. I think its a decent amount to pay for a peace of mind for 5 yrs.

Your ID will definitely get some referral $ from the air con guy.You decide whether he deserves this referral or not lor. If u buy else where, the coordination is no problem one. Once the flooring is done (before cornice andL-box), get the air con guy and your ID to meet together with u, and u direct them where to situate your units. Ur ID will say nice/practical or not. The air con guy will say whether can be done or not. Once settled, air con guy can start work right away for the piping.

dear seek_a_home,

your 5 years extended warranty refers to Best, Harvey, Courts or Gain City?

or other dealers also offer 5 yrs?

dear seek_a_home,

your 5 years extended warranty refers to Best, Harvey, Courts or Gain City?

or other dealers also offer 5 yrs?

Its from dealer. Best Tech Air Con

thanks for the tips!

seeing how hot the weather is nowadays, i eventually settled for

4MK100 = FT60 + FT35

4MK100 = FT60 + FT35

4MK100 = FT60 + FT35 +F25

hopefully it will be very cooling!

4MK100 = FT60 + FT35

4MK100 = FT60 + FT35

inverter air con more or less are the same. See whether u lucky or sway kena a lemon, and the need to service periodically. all the best :)

inverter air con more or less are the same. See whether u lucky or sway kena a lemon, and the need to service periodically. all the best :)

i hope it won't be a lemon. this is my third time using daikin - had no problems with those from the 1st 2 times. 1st time - now 10 years and still going strong. 2nd time - now 5 years and still going strong!

4MK100 = FT60 + FT35

4MK100 = FT60 + FT35

Hey may I know where and how much you got your Daikin for? Is that using R22 or 410A? Thanks

Its from dealer. Best Tech Air Con

Just called Best Tech and their customer service, said that I would have to settle the sale before they can send someone down to do the site survey. If they can't perform the installation as promised, then they will do a refund. The guy actually hang up on me...duh

Just called Best Tech and their customer service, said that I would have to settle the sale before they can send someone down to do the site survey. If they can't perform the installation as promised, then they will do a refund. The guy actually hang up on me...duh

i would rather take my $ somewhere else than to them. had a bad experience with them b4. :curse:

Hey may I know where and how much you got your Daikin for? Is that using R22 or 410A? Thanks

natural cool. $12k. R22.

Edited by epigram

Shopping around for System 3 air-cond at Gain City lately.

Got this quotation from them:

Panasonic (Model : CU3S27KKZ, 26k BTU)

Pricing : $2859 (with 5 yrs extended warranty)

Mitsubishi (Model : MXY3A28VA, 26k BTU)

Pricing : $2919 (with 5 yrs extended warranty)

Hitachi (Model : RAM65Q8, 22k BTU)

Pricing : $2799 (with 5 yrs extended warranty)

Dunno which brand to choose? Panasonic or Mitsubishi?

Is the price quoted reasonable? What type of insulation Gain City normally provides?

Edited by famasutika

avoid best tech & all best they're well known blacksheep. ;)

Shopping around for System 3 air-cond at Gain City lately.

Got this quotation from them:

Panasonic (Model : CU3S27KKZ, 26k BTU)

Pricing : $2859 (with 5 yrs extended warranty)

Mitsubishi (Model : MXY3A28VA, 26k BTU)

Pricing : $2919 (with 5 yrs extended warranty)

Hitachi (Model : RAM65Q8, 22k BTU)

Pricing : $2799 (with 5 yrs extended warranty)

Dunno which brand to choose? Panasonic or Mitsubishi?

Is the price quoted reasonable? What type of insulation Gain City normally provides?

Anybody could advise?