Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

wow neomesis

can teach me how you do the google sketchup? I had been trying all night, going through the help videos but still lost. :help:

first, how did you include the different rooms?

do you have to draw each furniture separately, starting with the rectangle, then pull etc?

see until my eyes blur blur liao

eh.. out of topic? should post on my tblog instead ah. haha

oo... i tried to learn but gave up in the end too...

got my designer friend who is doing commercial design to help.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
froggy, congrats~! now it's time for ur flat's transformation! :D

I've got Aron's ppl to install. so far so good.

Hi samgalz,

I meeting Aron next sat, but will go dn tis fri to spore expo to c c look look at gain city offers (they got exhibition there). So in terms of pricin n service (Aron) so far so gd?

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Today we finally collected our long-long-awaited keys!!! :dancingqueen: So excited - we are now officially owners of the first brand new flat!

Went to the flat straight away, and hubby was shocked at the mini-scale of the unit! :huh: Will take a while to get used to this, coming from a much bigger one!

Also received the black/white drawing from Edmund .. pix to follow ...

Met the aircon guy recommended by forceguy - I like him, patiently explaining how the trunking of gas/water will be to a novice like me, giving us various options of how to run, and also recommending the system for us. Alas, when he saw our ledge window, he confirmed that only mitsubishi compressor can go through (syst 4), so no choice lah! So now, will be awaiting his quotation, and hope it will fall within our budget - very tired of looking around already .. but tomorrow meeting one more aircon contractor, and will be decision time

After surveying the house, hubby also decided to keep toilet work to a minimum since the sink and shower provided are not too bad - only doing the shower screen and mirror - all other vanity top, rainshower etc and flooring etc will kiv - maybe will do a toilet upgrade in 3 years time ba - also good, can cut cost for now

Hubby also thinking of doing something on the wall between bomb shelter and dining table to "enlarge" the space. Mirror looks like the way to go, but I don't really like too many mirrors ... wonder if there is any other options? :idea:

also since we are extending the kitchen out into foyer, there will be a beam running across the middle of the extended kitchen .. really sian. Thought of lowering ceiling of the extended portion to flush with the beam, but will be very low ... :unsure:

Went to citigas today as well, to recee the heater and dryer. Generally are not impressed. No choice of models, savings not really alot, if the statistics they post is true. I had thought that the dryer runs entirely on gas, but this is not true since the drum is still operated via electricity. Plus reviews on blackening of wall, and the difficulty to adjust water temperature - think not likely to use citigas heater. So now it's a question of storage or instant. Wah, more homework to do on RT liao ..

Hmmm ... still no chance to go to marble shop ... really really must get this finalised tomorrow, since reno is going to start soon! But so sian, Edmund needs 2.5 months lei, becaue doing marble and parquet, which needs time to dry properly, otherwise in future may have problems. So looks like cannot really rush him, got to move in only during september school holidays liao ... bad damage to my pocket becaue got to rent another month of storage and house ... even more sian

from now on, cannot procrastinate liao - got to be snappy, decide, order, and go go go

Congrats on getting your keys!

Do you really need to get marble?

This would increase your cost as well right?

Hi samgalz,

I meeting Aron next sat, but will go dn tis fri to spore expo to c c look look at gain city offers (they got exhibition there). So in terms of pricin n service (Aron) so far so gd?

so far so good~ :good:

Congrats on getting your keys!

Do you really need to get marble?

This would increase your cost as well right?

thanks 15may

no la, marble not my choice. but it's hubby dream home - he has wanted it since the last home, but bc it was an EA, the cost of doing that flooring then would be exorbitant. So he said now our 4room only 90sqm, plus only doing hall - should let him realise his dream :D

After this, don;t think going to move any more liao, since no more chance for BTO, and buying resale cut our throat.

eh.. out of topic? should post on my tblog instead ah. haha

oo... i tried to learn but gave up in the end too...

got my designer friend who is doing commercial design to help.

ya la, out of topic, but i saw yr blog, the 3D is so nice, so got motivated and wanted to try. But I orbit orbit until my brain also get twisted :dunno:

so far so good~ :good:

I have met 2 aircon guys, generally seems that there are 2 ways to trunk.

1. shortest way - but more exposed trunking. Advantage of being short is coolness will not be "lost", and less chance of blockage. Disadvantage of course ugly.

2. longest way - ie go round the bottom of walls (ie avoid the wall wiht door). This way can hide trunking better, but becaues of long distance travel, higher chance to get stuck, need more regular service, and may be less cool.

This is what i understand from them. So they advice to take the shortest, and try to box up. Is this true? Or are they just smoking and trying to do easy by taking the shortest and also using less materials?

How do you run yr trunking?

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Today we finally collected our long-long-awaited keys!!! :dancingqueen: So excited - we are now officially owners of the first brand new flat!

Went to the flat straight away, and hubby was shocked at the mini-scale of the unit! :huh: Will take a while to get used to this, coming from a much bigger one!

Also received the black/white drawing from Edmund .. pix to follow ...

Met the aircon guy recommended by forceguy - I like him, patiently explaining how the trunking of gas/water will be to a novice like me, giving us various options of how to run, and also recommending the system for us. Alas, when he saw our ledge window, he confirmed that only mitsubishi compressor can go through (syst 4), so no choice lah! So now, will be awaiting his quotation, and hope it will fall within our budget - very tired of looking around already .. but tomorrow meeting one more aircon contractor, and will be decision time

After surveying the house, hubby also decided to keep toilet work to a minimum since the sink and shower provided are not too bad - only doing the shower screen and mirror - all other vanity top, rainshower etc and flooring etc will kiv - maybe will do a toilet upgrade in 3 years time ba - also good, can cut cost for now

Hubby also thinking of doing something on the wall between bomb shelter and dining table to "enlarge" the space. Mirror looks like the way to go, but I don't really like too many mirrors ... wonder if there is any other options? :idea:

also since we are extending the kitchen out into foyer, there will be a beam running across the middle of the extended kitchen .. really sian. Thought of lowering ceiling of the extended portion to flush with the beam, but will be very low ... :unsure:

Went to citigas today as well, to recee the heater and dryer. Generally are not impressed. No choice of models, savings not really alot, if the statistics they post is true. I had thought that the dryer runs entirely on gas, but this is not true since the drum is still operated via electricity. Plus reviews on blackening of wall, and the difficulty to adjust water temperature - think not likely to use citigas heater. So now it's a question of storage or instant. Wah, more homework to do on RT liao ..

Hmmm ... still no chance to go to marble shop ... really really must get this finalised tomorrow, since reno is going to start soon! But so sian, Edmund needs 2.5 months lei, becaue doing marble and parquet, which needs time to dry properly, otherwise in future may have problems. So looks like cannot really rush him, got to move in only during september school holidays liao ... bad damage to my pocket becaue got to rent another month of storage and house ... even more sian

from now on, cannot procrastinate liao - got to be snappy, decide, order, and go go go

hey hey, have not even congratulate you on getting yr keys! must be so exciting huh? i know... am yours truly collecting on the 8 Jul. haha

aaron putt right. i will always remember his surname cause sure is unique man. modest and non-pushy. tat's the best part about him.

how's the other aircon contractor?

yea, yr contractor is a responsible person by allowing sufficient time for the marble to cure. otherwise, there may be the associative problems with marble.

otherwise, you can ask your contractor if he has work with fast-setting adhesive before? using fast-set will speed up the works. compare to normal setting which takes 21 days to cure, fast-setting only requires 3 days for marble. however, he has to use the correct fast-setting adhesive and is more pricier too. some "cheong" adhesive that claims that they are fast-setting is actually because of its more ordinary portland cement content in the bag. anywayz, that's talking shop. unless you want to, then maybe i will share with you again.

ya la, out of topic, but i saw yr blog, the 3D is so nice, so got motivated and wanted to try. But I orbit orbit until my brain also get twisted :dunno:

don't worry.. you're not the only one getting twisted.

it helps that i learn some autocad and solidedge. even then, i finding it too exhaustive to learn, let alone you. ha

1. shortest way - but more exposed trunking. Advantage of being short is coolness will not be "lost", and less chance of blockage. Disadvantage of course ugly.

2. longest way - ie go round the bottom of walls (ie avoid the wall wiht door). This way can hide trunking better, but becaues of long distance travel, higher chance to get stuck, need more regular service, and may be less cool.

This is what i understand from them. So they advice to take the shortest, and try to box up. Is this true? Or are they just smoking and trying to do easy by taking the shortest and also using less materials?

mine mainly exposed, but my MBR is running round the bottom of the wall. Will try to post pics of the trunking if possible. ugly trunking lah, but no choice and we dun intend to box up.

i think it depends where u planning to put your air con. i put mine on top of my tv console so trunking all inside the rooms. Rooms air con all on top of the doors, master bedroom on tol of air con window for minimal trunkin

Price: Samsung LED 46" $2699 Samsung 52" $4k plus (too much diff for a few more inches, more features but not at all important when u have a laptop or PC)

MATASHI,

May I ask, did you get series 5 or series 6 for Samaung LED? Seems like a good price so do you mind sharing the place you bought at?

i think it depends where u planning to put your air con. i put mine on top of my tv console so trunking all inside the rooms. Rooms air con all on top of the doors, master bedroom on tol of air con window for minimal trunkin

Aircon on top of TV console may not be a very good idea as we have experienced condensation leaking from aircon before. Luckily for us there wasn't anything below, so nothing was spoilt. JMHT.

Aircon on top of TV console may not be a very good idea as we have experienced condensation leaking from aircon before. Luckily for us there wasn't anything below, so nothing was spoilt. JMHT.

Thanks for the heads up! :o

Air con man say if we maintain air con shouldnt leak..

hopefully this is the case..

Anyway, living room air con wun on so often.. only when guest come..

Price: Samsung LED 46" $2699 Samsung 52" $4k plus (too much diff for a few more inches, more features but not at all important when u have a laptop or PC)

MATASHI,

May I ask, did you get series 5 or series 6 for Samaung LED? Seems like a good price so do you mind sharing the place you bought at?

5series or C5000 is the model. at 2499 after froggy here found harvey selling at cheaper. i bought at mega discount store. they willing to match price even after i bought at 2699. ;)

MATASHI,

hi katie

I think the series 5 does not come in 52". It's 46", and 55" next size. And the difference in price between these 2 is HUGE!

Edited by froggy