Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yesterday, we went to mega to add a dryer to the purchase list. After talking to our neighbour, who took 3 days to dry each washing :bangwall: , we have decided that a dryer is no longer "just in case", but a must! I will go mad if I have to leave my clothes hanging for 3 days!

As per before, was highly recommended Brandt. Was quite tired of doing price checks, so we just ask salesman to recommend. Our requirements are - manual / vented / at least 7kg. so in the end, siince only Brandt fits that, just take lah.

speaking about sun, think i can start receeing for curtain liao. Anyone got recommendations? There is a Mr Chew and someone else ... sian, must go dig the forum again. Find that I am losing a bit of steam with this reno - going to punchat soon . can't wait for HO

yesterday, we went to mega to add a dryer to the purchase list. After talking to our neighbour, who took 3 days to dry each washing :bangwall: , we have decided that a dryer is no longer "just in case", but a must! I will go mad if I have to leave my clothes hanging for 3 days!

As per before, was highly recommended Brandt. Was quite tired of doing price checks, so we just ask salesman to recommend. Our requirements are - manual / vented / at least 7kg. so in the end, siince only Brandt fits that, just take lah.

speaking about sun, think i can start receeing for curtain liao. Anyone got recommendations? There is a Mr Chew and someone else ... sian, must go dig the forum again. Find that I am losing a bit of steam with this reno - going to punchat soon . can't wait for HO

jia you! punctured halfway how like tat? finish reno then Banned n me go visit ur place. haha..

jia you! punctured halfway how like tat? finish reno then Banned n me go visit ur place. haha..

thanks, I need all the "you". Getting long and draggy, and landlord want to chase me out already, so very very super super sian liao

can come lah, still waiting for yr creative juices how to make a 40" tv like a 46" ;)

tell u what.. u go ask if 15may still have the sticker on her 46".. if have ask from her and paste on urs.. there u go.. dun take it out until after hse warming.. hha..

thanks, I need all the "you". Getting long and draggy, and landlord want to chase me out already, so very very super super sian liao

can come lah, still waiting for yr creative juices how to make a 40" tv like a 46" ;)

haha.. If i can achieve tat, then $100 becomes $10000 oso no problem ah!

yesterday, we went to mega to add a dryer to the purchase list. After talking to our neighbour, who took 3 days to dry each washing :bangwall: ,

Take 3 days ??

Is it because they wash only never do any spin drying?

Wow this maybe must call up fifteenmay liao see if she experience the same thing....

For Curtains you can try May Lim from Hock Seng Curtain (Tel: 9852 0308) She has done lots of curtains for FV already so she is very familiar what needs to be done for our units. It will be very fast.

don't buy too fast... I also wanted to buy a dryer when we first move in cos our clothes took 2 days to dry but decided to observe for another few more days. These days our clothes dry up by the next day... so dryer is on hold

don't buy too fast... I also wanted to buy a dryer when we first move in cos our clothes took 2 days to dry but decided to observe for another few more days. These days our clothes dry up by the next day... so dryer is on hold

but these 2 wks e weather not v gd, plus sunlight can't reach, 2 days mayb is "normal" ba..

froggy, i also felt tat way during my reno...everyday wait wait wait...but the HO day will come soon when you are at the carpentry stage...endure and persevere.... :D

but these 2 wks e weather not v gd, plus sunlight can't reach, 2 days mayb is "normal" ba..

Hi Bear, I notice some of the units their service yard faces the brick wall like just 2meter away. maybe that's why harder to dry ba ....

Not like both of us with open space in front.

Hi Froggy your neighbour's service yard facing a wall as I describe?

tell u what.. u go ask if 15may still have the sticker on her 46".. if have ask from her and paste on urs.. there u go.. dun take it out until after hse warming.. hha..

hmm ... not a bad idea ... but must think of something more permanent lei :sport-smiley-018:

Take 3 days ??

Is it because they wash only never do any spin drying?

Wow this maybe must call up fifteenmay liao see if she experience the same thing....

For Curtains you can try May Lim from Hock Seng Curtain (Tel: 9852 0308) She has done lots of curtains for FV already so she is very familiar what needs to be done for our units. It will be very fast.

dunno, we were just talking about the weather, and she commented about the washing. But I tend to agree with her, feel that not much sun coming into the kitchen/yard in my unit also

thanks for the curtain contact. Do you mind sharing how much you spent on yr curtains? Any pix to share?

oops, already ordered liao. And not just that, the salesman is so GOOD that he managed to convince us into buyng a washer too, though we had kept our old one in storage. So now I have to wreck my brain to think what to do with that one.. :bangwall:

Hi Bear, I notice some of the units their service yard faces the brick wall like just 2meter away. maybe that's why harder to dry ba ....

Not like both of us with open space in front.

Hi Froggy your neighbour's service yard facing a wall as I describe?

I tend to agree to bearlyn. Even on a hot sunny day, the kitchen/yard remains dark - very gloomy. That's why I must use fake sun to brighten up! So can imagine on rainy days?!?!

Think mine is the same side as Flamedav's, with the open space in front of the yard - which to me is potential for spiderman to climb in bc the beam is really close to the yard window. My neighbour's has the brick wall, but surprisingly, when I visited, it appeared to be brighter than mine. And her kitchen is black and white concept, no bright bright colour. The real issue is the facing of the flat. When I picked this unit, I ensured that it has no west sun, now regret liao. bc got no sun at all, from any direction.