Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

froggy,

sorry to temporarily hijack this thread for a different purpose :)

froggy, bearlyn2406, fifteenmay,

what's your experience on your hob and hood? Do you recommend what you have? looks like all 3 of you have different brands... kinda pulling my hair out trying to decide what I want. any help would be great :)

haha.. i believe all still can function as its main purpse la.. to cook something.. hee.. so dun go pull ur hair out for this la.. haha.. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Put 1 big one at the door can frighten away all thieves.

Talking about that, during the weekend I met the man selling the metal grille joint.

He kept saying how bad our grille is and that he can remove my grille in 5 minutes

He refused to give me his name card or contact number when I say I will consider and call him back.

He was very pushy and gives me the untrustworthy feeling.

The only way I got rid of him is when I say HDB is coming up now to fix my house window.

**** now I have this feeling that these people will run around our estate breaking our gates ....

we received a letter from hdb stating that the gate provided is safe, as long as we bolt up. So maybe they are aware of this fellow ...

agree with u .. he did the same to us too .. did not want to leave his contact no, walked off quite abruptly when he did not get us to ok right away ... that was what triggered us into thinking of installing an alarm system lor

Hi Froggy! Do you happen to have the measurements of these 2 mirrors? I am also looking for mirrors for my bathrooms. Furthermore I am in a dilemma if I should go ahead to buy 3M products for my bathroom accessories. :( What do you mean by part plastic and part stainless steel accessories? So now everything for your bathroom will be drilled on the wall? What else did you buy from Poh Seng and what is the damage like? PM me if you don't want to disclose the amount here. Yah? Thank you!

the black/clear mirror one is 60 x 90cm, while the other one is 50 x 70 (or 80)cm. Sorry the second one I forgot the height.

u looking for just mirror or something with storage? We did not want storage bc in old house, we never did use those space. We liked these two pieces because they come complete with the glass panels, so no need to drill more holes to install that.

Yes, in the end, decided against 3M, so guess it's drill drill drill. Part plastic part s/s bc

if we use 3M towel bar = plastic

toilet roll holder etc = s/s

so in the end want to standardise so all go for s/s

We bought:

1 pc 3' towel bar

3 pc 2' towel bar

2 clothes hanger for behind the door

2 toilet roll holder

Total $115.

Of course quality wise cannot compare with the chicken brand lah, but for this price, cannot complain too much.

fifteenmay if you wan can pm me your contact i mms to you lo.. cos its in my phone lei...

Till now the stopper still works fine.

Froggy, luckily you didn't buy the MMM (count the number of M) products...

We used ours until we want to vomit blood!! We went through the procedure and stick it up. in less then 1 day, it dropped already.. luckily we didn't put glasses in it...

very kong bu!!

it happens to all range of their products!! from small hangers to the big toilet holders..

we brought a few product from those china brands and it works better!! hai... wasted quite a lot of $$ on this brand...

oh, that's bad! I thought that brand is quite reliable. Only reason we decided against it is bc their range not complete.

Actually I have used their range for hanging pictures etc, and works really great for a long long time. Maybe this "wet" product, they need more research ba

so what are you using now? drill type or still stick on?

:o WAH!!!! :o

Good Idea leh!! :D

I can paste that on my Front DoorBell

and Frighten all those pesky flyer people

:D

wait u attract all the kids to come press yr bell ... :D

Wow u diy? what kind of black tape u are using?

very easy one .. just go to those fish shop to buy the sticky paper - comes in various colours, and not costly. Beats buying those decals which are so ex. Now no budget liao so must do more hands on stuff, and BIG advantage is u can have yr own design!

Go try!

froggy,

sorry to temporarily hijack this thread for a different purpose :)

froggy, bearlyn2406, fifteenmay,

what's your experience on your hob and hood? Do you recommend what you have? looks like all 3 of you have different brands... kinda pulling my hair out trying to decide what I want. any help would be great :)

sorry mine just delivered today niao, so can't comment yet.

don't pull yr hair, will share my hunting experience with you.

hood

My initial research on RT leads me to 2 brands - rinnai and fujioh, with fujioh's oil catch feature leading. So I was all set for that till my hubby saw it. His comments were .. so bulky, u sure u want to unscrew that thing and clean the whole metal panel? vs the usual ones where we just have to remove the filter to clean/change? The salesman allowed me to try, and true enough it's quite cumbersome. Although many said that no need to remove whole panel, just take out the oil catchment tray will do. But still at some stage, will need to do overall cleaning right?

general consensus is also that chimney type has better absorption than the slim line. But I was against chimney, bc I treasure the space above the hood. Again hubby pointed out a very true fact. In our old place, we had a slim line hood, with cabinet above. The cabinet, however, was so oily and so inaccessible that at the end of the day, I ended not using it!

so that's how we came to a decision to go for chimney after all. As for brand, we were clueless, but was recommended brandt by salesman. I guess at that time, we have reached a very sian of receeing stage, so just went ahead to order. Since we had the assurance that we can change our order, plus the lowest price guarantee ... plus it was getting close to carpentry stage and we really had to firm up ...

hob

I think this is easier -

how many burners do u need?

arrangement of the burner?

glass vs s/s?

rinnai and fujioh has inner fire, but do u need that?

other than that, it's really whether aesthetics matter to u a lot?

for us, since we were sold to the brandt hood, we also took the same brand hob. One plus point of this hob is that when we remove the metal rings etc, there is no hole below so no chance for food to drop into the cavities - something which we had problem with in the old place.

hth

Mon, 6 Sept 2010

my laundry sink - re-positioned!

watched the entire process today - not easy - worker took the whole day to do this :good:-

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

fifteenmay if you wan can pm me your contact i mms to you lo.. cos its in my phone lei...

Till now the stopper still works fine.

Froggy, luckily you didn't buy the MMM (count the number of M) products...

We used ours until we want to vomit blood!! We went through the procedure and stick it up. in less then 1 day, it dropped already.. luckily we didn't put glasses in it...

very kong bu!!

it happens to all range of their products!! from small hangers to the big toilet holders..

we brought a few product from those china brands and it works better!! hai... wasted quite a lot of $$ on this brand...

hmmm... i used them to hang my 2000pc jigsaw puzzle n my wedding foto, stay up there for years before i decide to take it down..

hi froggy, sorry only online now cos was busy the last few days.

the DIY decals u did was nice! so i guess u dun need the taobao.com now...haha

hmmm... i used them to hang my 2000pc jigsaw puzzle n my wedding foto, stay up there for years before i decide to take it down..

Faint... we are the unlucky ones!! maybe should ask you all come up to install for me!! hahha... that time i hang my wedding photo it nearly dropped... luckily we manage to catch hold of it!!