Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

i just used a 3M hook to hang my clock....crossing my fingers...my bathroom 3M accessories dropped jus a couple days into using...disappointed..but my mum's one is fine even yrs after...so dunno wat went wrong.... :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
the black/clear mirror one is 60 x 90cm, while the other one is 50 x 70 (or 80)cm. Sorry the second one I forgot the height.

u looking for just mirror or something with storage? We did not want storage bc in old house, we never did use those space. We liked these two pieces because they come complete with the glass panels, so no need to drill more holes to install that.

Yes, in the end, decided against 3M, so guess it's drill drill drill. Part plastic part s/s bc

if we use 3M towel bar = plastic

toilet roll holder etc = s/s

so in the end want to standardise so all go for s/s

We bought:

1 pc 3' towel bar

3 pc 2' towel bar

2 clothes hanger for behind the door

2 toilet roll holder

Total $115.

Of course quality wise cannot compare with the chicken brand lah, but for this price, cannot complain too much.

You bought your stuff from GR Link (beside Poh Seng) right? I was at Poh Seng last evening but they don't carry those mirrors but saw them at GR. :) Anyway, how do you know that those stuff you bought are stainless steel and won't oxidise / rust etc? Any way we can see? I am still in a dilemma whether to try 3M or not. Hehehe...

i just used a 3M hook to hang my clock....crossing my fingers...my bathroom 3M accessories dropped jus a couple days into using...disappointed..but my mum's one is fine even yrs after...so dunno wat went wrong.... :(

Hi, Samgalz! Which 3M bathroom accessories are you using? Same as your mum's? Hai... I now have second thoughts on 3M products after so many negative feedbacks but I still can't bear to drill my tiles. Hahaha...

Hi, Samgalz! Which 3M bathroom accessories are you using? Same as your mum's? Hai... I now have second thoughts on 3M products after so many negative feedbacks but I still can't bear to drill my tiles. Hahaha...

i bought the basket for the Shampoo and stuff.... same as my mum's but hers was good and din fall and it's like 6 yrs liao??!!! mine dropped like 2 days??!!

i bought the basket for the Shampoo and stuff.... same as my mum's but hers was good and din fall and it's like 6 yrs liao??!!! mine dropped like 2 days??!!

Is it because of the tiles you stick the basket on?

I sticked afew MMM s hooks all over the house. I have mainly stick them on my wash and wear smooth plastered walls and solid surface stands. I did not stick any of my tiles as they are not those super smooth types. So far they have no signs of falling down. I think they works best on those old type of smooth smooth flat surface tiles.

I also ks. I used the heavier duty ones for light stuff too so to not stress the hooks..

Faint... we are the unlucky ones!! maybe should ask you all come up to install for me!! hahha... that time i hang my wedding photo it nearly dropped... luckily we manage to catch hold of it!!

every hook has a wt limit. If u use a 2kg hook to hang a 4kg thing, after some time the hook sure fail mah.. N after sticking them to the wall, I will wait till he next day then use it. Also u need to clean the surface n let it dry before u stick it to the wall.. Tats wat I did. Serve me well for a couple of years before I took then out. Best thing is, after taking out, no stains on the wall! :P

every hook has a wt limit. If u use a 2kg hook to hang a 4kg thing, after some time the hook sure fail mah.. N after sticking them to the wall, I will wait till he next day then use it. Also u need to clean the surface n let it dry before u stick it to the wall.. Tats wat I did. Serve me well for a couple of years before I took then out. Best thing is, after taking out, no stains on the wall! :P

Thank you for sharing your experience. :) I might give it a try because I still prefer a stainless wall. Hahaha...

bo leh, i stick it in my mbr toilet tiles, smooth ones leh, I also clean before sticking and i waited more than 1 day then i start putting stuff and my stuff weigh less than max weight.... *cry*

bo leh, i stick it in my mbr toilet tiles, smooth ones leh, I also clean before sticking and i waited more than 1 day then i start putting stuff and my stuff weigh less than max weight.... *cry*

wah...

very good non-stick tiles...

:P

Thank you for sharing your experience. :) I might give it a try because I still prefer a stainless wall. Hahaha...

I bought 3pc towel rail, 1 caddy and 1 shelf unit for my common toilet. MBR decide to use those glass shelves cos looks nicer. :D

could be QC during the earlier batch and new batch different? :rolleyes:

like the old appliances eg washing machine can last us for more than 10 yrs, nowadays, can tahan 3 years tou xiao already!

not tried the tape for wet surface, but like insane, I have been using 3M for hanging pictures and photos. They stay for years and years, never had any problem. The only time we had to remove them was when we want to change the position of the pix

You bought your stuff from GR Link (beside Poh Seng) right? I was at Poh Seng last evening but they don't carry those mirrors but saw them at GR. :) Anyway, how do you know that those stuff you bought are stainless steel and won't oxidise / rust etc? Any way we can see? I am still in a dilemma whether to try 3M or not. Hehehe...

mirror from GR Link.

bar etc frm Poh Seng. Actually GR also has bars, but a bit more limited.

how to know ss ah? Honestly, I have no answer. Of course the salespeple will say ss, will not rust etc etc. It's yi fen qian yi fen huo, so since can't afford the chicken brand, got to settle for the china-made ones la. But I guess even the worst quality can last a few yrs right? If need to, then change again lor. Since we did not do any works in the toilets, just go simple first ba, then maybe few years down, accumulate more $, then hack off and do hotel-theme toilet huh? ;)

to play safe, u better double the hook strength, either use a stronger hook or use 2 hooks side by side