Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

i dun really advise to give final payment on HO day as you would not have bargaining power should you spotted any issue. there is no standard procedure for HO, contractor only hand back your keys to you (if any) and take back his lock. other than tat, wat you need to do is to do defect inspection and get him to recitify till your satisfaction.

that's all for HO ? - handing over keys (which I don't have) and taking back lock?

Joseng, did u walk through w him on HO day to point out defects? Do u really mean it - "till yr satisfaction"? Bc some things cannot be rectified one right?

So was he quick in rectifying defects ? In the end, how long did u hold the last payment?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Joseng

need to ask u again ..

when house HO, is it really move in condition? ie no need any further cleaning? Bc that's what edmund told me and i gan gan arrange mover following day. Now I read Flamedav and company mop floor until mop broken, am a bit scared ..

suspended table also scared that it cant take the weight. Hw abt extendable table? saw a few at ikea but not sure of the price. My chair looks nice but its quite easy to stain cos the surface is not smooth type. But i still like the design of it.

the chair is acrylic? can bring the whole chair and run under tap and scrub right? Much more pratical than the fabric type which you can only clean if stained, imo

Hi froggy,

Time really flies, see that you are moving in real soon liaoz.

I'm unsure of the term HO as well.

However I want to share my previous reno experience at my current home..

despite all the renovation is completed, there's still dirt and dust despite several rounds of cleaning up.

Guess this is unavoidable.

when house HO, is it really move in condition? ie no need any further cleaning? Bc that's what edmund told me and i gan gan arrange mover following day. Now I read Flamedav and company mop floor until mop broken, am a bit scared ..

Now I read Flamedav and company mop floor until mop broken, am a bit scared ..

Hi Froggy, not really the contractor fault but because our district is still full of construction and renovation that's why everyday I go back gotta mop floor.

Anyway I found out a temporary solution to this. Close ALL window and doors exspecially the service yard.

The dust was greatly reduced after that.

Hi Froggy, not really the contractor fault but because our district is still full of construction and renovation that's why everyday I go back gotta mop floor.

Anyway I found out a temporary solution to this. Close ALL window and doors exspecially the service yard.

House will still be dusty no matter how much the contractor help to clear. Best to do 1 time cleaning esp in the wordrobe and cabinets. Surface may seems clean but when we were cleaning and washing the cloth and mops, we see dark the water becomes.

Hire cleaning service on the HO am, to walk through and clean the same time, so any flaws can be seen easily. It saves you cleaning time and still can move in the next day.

for us, bulk payment is made when carpentry work going on. Actually he did not ask for it, but we just thought sooner or later must give, just give to make him happy and do fast fast for us lor ...

so how long you plan to make final %? you already moved in quite a while right?

yes, going to 2nd mth soon. Now waiting for the shower screen to be up and some other rectifications then pay.

the chair is acrylic? can bring the whole chair and run under tap and scrub right? Much more pratical than the fabric type which you can only clean if stained, imo

dunno wat material, feels plastic. Yes can run under tap water and scrub or maybe Jif can do the job. True, fabric got the elegant, glam look but diff to maintain

that's all for HO ? - handing over keys (which I don't have) and taking back lock?

Joseng, did u walk through w him on HO day to point out defects? Do u really mean it - "till yr satisfaction"? Bc some things cannot be rectified one right?

So was he quick in rectifying defects ? In the end, how long did u hold the last payment?

ya, there is no official HO for me, i only returned the number lock tat he used during the reno.

i did not walk thru the defects with him cos some defects are only found after tat. luckily my defects are all able to rectify. as for those you mentioned which cant be rectified, then you got to come to some compromise with him.

i would say he is "faster" in the rectification process before the final payment which i held for about 1mth.

Joseng

need to ask u again ..

this area is quite subjective. if your level of cleanliness is very high, then i would say no. but he did employ some domestic cleaners to clean the house, including the interiors of the cabinets. For my level, i would say after the clean-up, it is abt 70% clean.

ya, there is no official HO for me, i only returned the number lock tat he used during the reno.

i did not walk thru the defects with him cos some defects are only found after tat. luckily my defects are all able to rectify. as for those you mentioned which cant be rectified, then you got to come to some compromise with him.

i would say he is "faster" in the rectification process before the final payment which i held for about 1mth.

this area is quite subjective. if your level of cleanliness is very high, then i would say no. but he did employ some domestic cleaners to clean the house, including the interiors of the cabinets. For my level, i would say after the clean-up, it is abt 70% clean.

so on HO day, u just returned lock, then byebye and off he goes? Did he ask about payment? Or did you have to tell him that you will check defects then pay him? I am still not sure how to approach it on that day - kinda pai seh to say need to hold bc have not fully checked ...

yes, going to 2nd mth soon. Now waiting for the shower screen to be up and some other rectifications then pay.

think for yr case, it's very justifiable bc some scope of work not even done yet right?

House will still be dusty no matter how much the contractor help to clear. Best to do 1 time cleaning esp in the wordrobe and cabinets. Surface may seems clean but when we were cleaning and washing the cloth and mops, we see dark the water becomes.

Hire cleaning service on the HO am, to walk through and clean the same time, so any flaws can be seen easily. It saves you cleaning time and still can move in the next day.

u got any contacts for cleaners? what's their rates like?

think for yr case, it's very justifiable bc some scope of work not even done yet right?

Thou the id said they will still fulfil and do the rectification but we scare they dily-daly. :D

So when is ur latest HO date? Very siong hor, to source ard for good buys, to monitor reno progress. When u shift in, u will think of hw to make it look nicer, got to buy the things to scrub scrub scrub and wipe wipe wipe.

wah like that aircon all day?

but I believe it's true - bc construction still on-going in the neighbourhood, no matter how much u clean, u cannot get rid of the dust - must tahan dust for the next couple of yrs :bangwall:

Thou the id said they will still fulfil and do the rectification but we scare they dily-daly. :D

So when is ur latest HO date? Very siong hor, to source ard for good buys, to monitor reno progress. When u shift in, u will think of hw to make it look nicer, got to buy the things to scrub scrub scrub and wipe wipe wipe.

ya lor, super sian.

before reno

- see other people's reno want to lau niaow :dribble:

- recee for appliances etc :argue:

- recee of contractor, repeat same story over and over :bangwall:

- buy tonnes of ID magazines in search for ideas :idea:

when collect keys - elation! finally my turn :dancingqueen:

beginning of reno

- full steam, anything can be done :good:

- visit site a few times in a day, hungry to see each step in the progress :thumbs up:

middle of reno

- neck getting a bit long from waiting and anticipating

- sian factor building up, but for the sake of the future swee swee house, just keep the spirit up

- more recee and more bleeding of the pockets

last week of reno

- the worst part so far

- joining long neck tribe

- out of budget

- out of time

- out of steam

- lots of arguments on "if... then..." :argue:

what's to follow ... dunno yet? But this seems like a never-ending journey ... after HO still got worries about defects, ...